• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Possible new player seeking information on server.

Labathor

Authorized
So I've been referred here by a random person off of Facebook today and thought I would look into it.

I've played wow since day one, had nearly a full set of t3 then sold my account just before the release of tbc, I started a new account and played tbc for a few month then quit do to lack of interest. I spent about two years on another free server, yet again almost had a full set of t3 but the staff had no interest in finishing the scripts for the remaining bosses in naxx due to fear of losing player base once naxx was on farm status.. So I quit.

anyways I figured I would look into this server and see if it fits my agenda.

a few questions I have if anyone is able to answer them.

Where is the server located?
I'm Canadian, dose anyone from NA able to share what kind of average pings they get?

Where are the major raiding guilds based out of and what time(zone) and days do they normally raid?
So I can get a picture if it will fit my life.

DDoS acctacks, obviously they happen, how frequently?

Is only being able to understand and speak English going to be an issue for me?

Servers peak hours?

Most needed class/alliance for raids other than priest/druids/pallys/shamans?
I prefer Hunters and always been good at them but we all know how challenging to be a core raiding Hunter can be.

Leveling, is it 1:1 rate? If so what's low level dungeons and pre-raid 5-man grouping like?

Thank you.

Server is located in Central Europe (most likely CZ/SK) - http://www.kronos-wow.com/info/.

There're raiding guilds of your timezone on both Horde and Alliance side - <ONSLAUGHT> and <Coral>, for example.

Kronos is really stable, uptime is like 2-3 days usually, don't know if it encountered any big DDoS for this several month through. There was an incident with "fake GM" which is said to be caused by DDoS, but staff fixed it before anything bad really happened.

90%-95% of players speak English decently, the rest adapt.

Peak hours are EU evening, peak online is like 900-1200, depends on day. Your timezone peak is around 600-700 afaik.

I suggest you to contact the guild you'll choose for the class details. One who plays in EU time should be able to find a raid spot anyway, but I guess it's a bit harder for a Canadian/American/...

Everything is x1. To find a group in the EU evening - I'd called it's "easy". When online is lower - it's more than possible, just some whispers and patience are required.

I assume you were playing on Kronos? You'll be pleased by Kronos superior quality, Blizzlikeness and stability, I'm sure :)

Hey, you can pick some info from this link:

• Current Status: Released
  • Game Version: 1.12.1
  • XP/Gold/Drop rates: x1
  • Project Location: Central Europe
  • Realmlist: set realmlist login.kronos-wow.com
  • Content release: Progressive (no partial/gated releases)
  • Donation Rewards: Vanity items (mounts, non-combat pets, tabards)
  • Honor Distribution: Wednesday 6 AM Server Time (CET/UTC+1)

About other questions:

• Downtime: I've never experienced any kind of downtime on Kronos, and I've been playing here for over 3 months.
  • Guilds: As far as I know <CORAL> is a NA raiding guild.
  • Language: English is the main language on this server.
  • Peak time: To check peak hours you can visit kronos-census.com.
  • Class: As an Alliance player I can tell you we need warlocks!
  • Low-lvl dungeons: You might want to check this guide.

Cheers

Server is located in Central Europe (most likely CZ/SK) - http://www.kronos-wow.com/info/.

There're raiding guilds of your timezone on both Horde and Alliance side - <ONSLAUGHT> and <Coral>, for example.

Kronos is really stable, uptime is like 2-3 days usually, don't know if it encountered any big DDoS for this several month through. There was an incident with "fake GM" which is said to be caused by DDoS, but staff fixed it before anything bad really happened.

90%-95% of players speak English decently, the rest adapt.

Peak hours are EU evening, peak online is like 900-1200, depends on day. Your timezone peak is around 600-700 afaik.

I suggest you to contact the guild you'll choose for the class details. One who plays in EU time should be able to find a raid spot anyway, but I guess it's a bit harder for a Canadian/American/...

Everything is x1. To find a group in the EU evening - I'd called it's "easy". When online is lower - it's more than possible, just some whispers and patience are required.

I assume you were playing on Kronos? You'll be pleased by Kronos superior quality, Blizzlikeness and stability, I'm sure :)

Server was moved one month ago to Sweden to improve ping of overseas players.

Sweden
Where are the major raiding guilds based out of and what time(zone) and days do they normally raid?
There are international guilds such as Arcanum or Pantheon etc. who recruit players from around the world and place their raid time where the majority can get online usually that is 18:00-19:00 server time and then we have language/country based guilds who only invite players who speak their language, Agony(danish), Ancient Brotherhood (Czech), CCCP (Russian), Original Dream (Chinese) which play when it suits their country best.
nope as it is quite well protected, you gotta consider they are hosting 3 other separate wow servers on different versions such as TBC & Cataclysm and have done so for years so they are quite experienced.
Not at all, only limitations would be that you cannot join language/country based guilds such as Agony or CCCP etc.
Servers peak hours?
Hard to say as it is slowly but steadily growing but i would say 800-1300 depending on day/hour

note: i would recommend checking out twinhead, bugtracer or armory etc. as those are just a few of the features they offer in addition not to mention bosskill which lets you see a 100% accurate detailed report on any bosskill that has been done on kronos, try for example to lookup onyxia on twinhead scroll down and select boss kill tab and click details.

Not only is the kronos server great but as you might notice by looking through these features they are continiously adding new features online that improves your experience.

Can we have an official confirmation about this? I'd have to update the dossier, if so.

There was no official announcement about this, the information was "leaked". If you look up the IP of the server you will get the confirmation U want :)

Lmao, I have not spoken to one person who's ping has changed, and mine certainly hasn't either.

Mine did. After the that bit of scheduled maintenance my ping went from 55 to 16-18. As I'm from Norway, it sounds quite plausible that the server location did indeed change to Sweden.

So I've been referred here by a random person off of Facebook today and thought I would look into it.

I've played wow since day one, had nearly a full set of t3 then sold my account just before the release of tbc, I started a new account and played tbc for a few month then quit do to lack of interest. I spent about two years on another free server, yet again almost had a full set of t3 but the staff had no interest in finishing the scripts for the remaining bosses in naxx due to fear of losing player base once naxx was on farm status.. So I quit.

anyways I figured I would look into this server and see if it fits my agenda.

a few questions I have if anyone is able to answer them.

I'm Canadian, dose anyone from NA able to share what kind of average pings they get?

So I can get a picture if it will fit my life.

Servers peak hours?

Most needed class/alliance for raids other than priest/druids/pallys/shamans?
I prefer Hunters and always been good at them but we all know how challenging to be a core raiding Hunter can be.

Leveling, is it 1:1 rate? If so what's low level dungeons and pre-raid 5-man grouping like?

Thank you.

I hope this message finds you well and in good spirit.

I live on the east coast usa. I have about 129 ping. its pretty legit

Thank you for the input Garfunkle, I've had one heck of a week but finally going to have the chance to install and start off a toon the horde side today, going to post once that happens and hopefully someone might have some free bags to make life slightly easier to start off for me.

Thank you for the input Garfunkle, I've had one heck of a week but finally going to have the chance to install and start off a toon the horde side today, going to post once that happens and hopefully someone might have some free bags to make life slightly easier to start off for me.

Sesebi IG at horde, whisp me if u need some bags/gold, i dont have much, but at least its a start.

Finally got around to getting on and creating a toon, had a lot to do today such as rearranging and stacking 5 quarts of firewood for the winter. Tried /who'ing you Yrian but I guess your not online at the moment being. I only got roughly 30min before I have to head over to a friends who's in town for the evening and have dinner with his family. So I'm just spending my time putting all the add-ons I've saved on my external HD from forever ago.

After I'm home tonight I have to stay up really late regardless as I have a few graveyard shift upcoming and need to screw up my sleeping pattern for them.

Regardless I'm excited to play, not so much the leveling aspect, but being a serious raider I'll be looking for a serious raiding guild(english) to join in the near future. So if anyone is reading this and knows they need a Horde Hunter don't feel bad to PM me on the forums or send me a whisper ingame "Labathor" if I'm online.

Top Bottom