• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Player Recruiting Forth Bg

Ryanp

I don't really know if there is a big population issue, but I do assume the Kronos devs want to see it grow from where it's at. So my suggestion is to move the Azshara Crater BG into the game. I don't know how much effort the devs could spare on something like this or even if it's really possible to pull off, but I am quite sure it would help out the population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlIHWkVrHYM (skip to 10:25)

It already looks beautiful and it is apparently available, so to my technically ignorant mind it seems like it wouldn't require too much effort to implement it as long as the rules are kept simple. I'd suggest 40 on 40 60's only fighting for kills, first to about 200 or 300 kills wins? Then give an average bonus for victory. It'd be a lot like the pre BG Tauren Mills vs Southshore battles if we left it at that, just give each team one graveyard in their starting area.

Another seemingly easy feature to add to spice things up a bit would be to put strong elite aggro NPCs in the path between the teams, that way it'd be somewhat like AV (in the whole partially PvP partially PvM way) like it was originally intended to be. It'd be a bit of a fight and require a bit of team work to even get to the other team, and the respawns would cause some chaos in the middle of a battle which might be pretty fun. Might want to make those respawn times long if you did this.

Adding other well thought out rules might make it more fun but it seems like it might take a lot of effort and I'd have no idea about which rules would make sense.

What do ya think?

Also, one more quick thought, (this one seems a lot more far fetched to me, so this post is mostly meant to suggest the first thing) if anyone feels like doing some texturing (once again I have no idea how difficult this might be) 9:15 of that same video looks pretty awesome. Looks like it'd be easy to add to the game too. Idk if it'd be big enough to be a raid but if it is, to me the most obvious part of Vanilla to turn into a raid is the Timbermaw Furbolg's original Hold. Lore already says what is in there "Undead and satyrs may now wander the shadowed corridors...along with whatever cursed furbolgs still roam the depths" the "may" part does keep it fairly open though.

Last edited:
You really think adding content that never existed in retail and no-one knows anything about safe for its name would make the population increase? I mean no disrespect, but... not sure if trolling :blink:

It's a fair point, I myself never knew anything about any of the other battlegrounds the whole time and I still don't (other than that they are all named for contested territories) but I still had/have a good time. Also ya it sounds kinda lame to throw it in without putting a fair amount of effort into lore, npcs ect. Even still the low effort versions sound like a great time to me anyways. I always wanted to play a big AV sized BG with a simple kill cap or death cap so players don't have to worry about doing anything other than doing well at the fighting other players aspect, I also always wanted another BG of any kind after Eye of the Storm disappointed me.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Azshara crater was a concept of new BG for TBC and it was never finished. So, we have wrong game version in the first place.

No, I'm pretty sure they at least were planning on releasing it in Vanilla first at the same time as AV, but it would have taken too long. They planned to release it in BC, but that fell through too. I don't know how much they got done in Vanilla, but the video I linked claims the video is all Vanilla stuff, and the area looks amazingly polished!

Top Bottom