• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please allow deletion of high level characters

paimei01

Authorized
Long story:

I played as an orc warrior until level 48, then I started playing a human mage. I tried to create an auction in Booty Bay with my alliance char, to buy it with my horde char so I can get some gold - it said "you cannot bid on your own auction".

So I created another account, made a level 1 horde char, sent the gold to him, and used him to buy the auction.

Then I decided I want to play alliance, and - because of this gold transfer problem I decided I will have all my horde characters on another account, if I ever want to play horde again. Also - I wanted the name of my orc warrior for an alliance warrior. So - I sold everything I had on my 48 orc warrior, left him naked and sent the gold to the alliance.

Perfect, I thought, now to delete him. But I could not delete him, I got "Character deletion failed". I asked a GM, he said I can't delete characters higher than 40 (?), and they can't delete him either, and if I want the name I have to use the name change service to free the name.

Ok, I used the name change service (100 stars), changed his name. Still could not use his old name, and a GM told me the name will be free only at the next server update (don't know when that is)...
Also now I have a naked orc warrior named something like Hikfrmingf in my character list, I would like to delete him just for keeping things tidy, but I can't. So - please allow me to delete him, this would have prevented all these problems from the beginning.

The name problem was solved, was able to create a character with that name.

I realize I was kind of stupid, I could have just transferred the orc warrior to another account...

Edit - I like how everything works fine, and things like name change or char transfer are fast and easy - once I understood them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not allowing you to delete your (40+) characters is a limitation, and forcing people to pay to rename their char in order to reuse their names (since they can't delete their old characters) makes it even worse. Even though I'm sure this was not the intention, it makes it look like you're "forcing" people to give you money in order to get to use your own name.

If you want to up the security you could use some kind of two factor authentication (mail or forum account) instead of disabling the feature alltogether.

i would guess it's a security method, so your main character cannot be deleted in case your account got hacked.
but yeah, as you mention, it creates another problem here :D

I don't think many people are in the strange situation I was in - because of myself ultimately - I was not informed, I presumed a name change costs a lot and is very complicated, and I did not even know about - transfer, or even better - I could have sold my character for stars.

I am ok with the little donation for char transfer, I would even be worried about the server if there were absolutely no donations. Server is great, just need some more publicity, those videos where game features are shown to work are awesome, more people need to see them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom