• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nostril Closing BWL Because of Bad Scripting

Currently playing a toon on Nost and the crashes are absolutely next level insane now. Once every 5-10 minutes at times.

Firm belief that if Kronos held a limited time open transfer weekend where Nost people could transfer/copy characters over you'd see an absolutely bonkers influx of people, hell I know I would.

Damn even if I hate the idea of giving people "free" 60's on "my" server, I would welcome a pop increase.

Trust me, i'm in the same mind and want as close to a non-feenix experience as possible. But something is going to have to give on the Kronos end to up the population and there's no time like now as the aggravation among the population regarding these crashes is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Last edited:
The problem is that many people would not be fine with transfers from a server, where you could abuse some bugs to gain fast levels. Also, I doubt that nost players would give up their gear, gold and skills, because those are things, that you can't transfer for them because you don't know it was not obtained through bug abuse.

The problem is that many people would not be fine with transfers from a server, where you could abuse some bugs to gain fast levels. Also, I doubt that nost players would give up their gear, gold and skills, because those are things, that you can't transfer for them because you don't know it was not obtained through bug abuse.

I guess that would have to be the caveat, I know I would give up gear for sure if I could start with something reasonable like all white gear, 10G, skills and bags maybe? Something that is both fair and makes you work for it at the same time.

For myself, i'm just too burnt out from levelling 1-60 in the past month or so to do it all over again.

=/

Imo gear / gold wouldn't be the problem if it were me, unless I grinded smthn like r14.

@raptus: Same for me, I just couldn't lvl to 60 again...

Well I wouldn't mind some new non lvl 60 noobs, so low lvl bgs would pop for my alt :D

Not surprising. I leveled to 60 in the first wave on Nost and cleared MC / Ony and close to 75% of the content was 100% broken. The content that they put out at release is worse than Feenix.

edit: I will give them credit for usually getting the scripting correct over time but at launch they are really bad.

I would, indeed, open free migrations. Open 1000 spots and transfer all the level 60 characters to Kronos, give them an average green questing equipment + mount + skills + a bit amount of gold, like suggested above. What can be done is what was done on a WOTLK server I played on: the server's stuff would create a level 1 character on another srever, see if the person asking for a transfer has a level 80 or not. Then just create that character on their server, and voila. Not hard but a bit long of a process.
If free, limited-spot transfer would open now, it would be filled pretty quickly. Even if it were only for level 60s. And, of course, even tho we would inevitably get some trolls, more people would come along on the following weeks.
This migration would increase the population of the server greatly without making it overpopulated and toxic-filled.

Wrong thread, Leido, yet again transfer discussion is here :)
Lol you should see the wowservers subreddit, every week there's a new Nos bashing thread by Nos' #1 hater alexhjelm.
Too bad that he also praises Kronos. He's such a blatant troll and lies in like 50% of cases, gives Kronos a bad name. Hope most of people are attentive enough to notice that he's not someone to get info about Kronos from :)

Wrong thread, Leido, yet again transfer discussion is here :)

Too bad that he also praises Kronos. He's such a blatant troll and lies in like 50% of cases, gives Kronos a bad name. Hope most of people are attentive enough to notice that he's not someone to get info about Kronos from :)

Okay added it there, thanks nim! :winkiss:

Well at least his reputation as a troll is pretty well known over on wowservers. It's a shame that some people might get a wrong impression from Kronos' community just because of him, and might not play on Kronos just because of that, which is also a shame because Kronos in my opinion is a very good server.

Unfortunately,there's always going to be a few bad apples in every community (believe me, we get our fair share over here at Nost).

There's an angle to this that those in favor of transfers may not have considered. While its long-term effects could be considered irrelevant by some, it's perfectly understandable that this may very well be an element of the argument.

Put simply, stuff is broken on Nost. Really broken. People get boss kills on Chromaggus (the MC damage buff applying to raiders without MCing them) and Nef (drakes only coming out of one side, yes, only 1 color nef fights) every week due to terrible scripting and un-catered bugs, and this goes on un-tampered and un-attended, this goes back all the way to Ragnaros in the beginning (sits idle if no melee). Players abuse profession nodes and loot spawns (sunrazor bug), amass tons of gold. The server "works" on a base level enough to draw people in but the dirt is in the details here, there is some seriously unacceptable and incompetent coding going for that realm that people have been exploiting *since day 1*. We're talking weeks, no, months of undeserved loot and gold, months of exploitative farming and any number of deeds.

It is because of this alone that trying to copy folks' characters is not only a massive undertaking mechanically, but the logic between the two realms and how a player on either realm has attained what they have are under vastly different circumstances that if argue for this type of feature you *can't* just say "oh well they did it on Nost so they can just get it here for free". There are so many things to consider.

In a way it harms the organic "purity" (for lack of better word, I know it's cheesy) of Kronos. We couldn't be sure anymore that anyone did or achieved anything exactly the way you did. The bloodline is severed for what are essentially "foreign" players with no Kronos history and therefore they could even have affects on such things as economy, faction balance, and guild dynamics. It's sort of like the human body, where your body "rejects" a foreign object (transplantation or just a sickness in general).

They leveled, raided, and played their days in a *vastly* different environment, so different that I simply do not see the conversion as being 1:1. So if this were to actually be considered, we're talking lvl 50s with full green gear and 10g to their name maybe at most, and most importantly, and extremely strict method of proving that they are indeed of a certain level from their source realm, and even furthermore, making sure their source realm's character is deleted. NOTHING ELSE. None of their epics, belongings, or anything else. They need a viable starting point to begin writing their personal Kronos story without any sort of adverse affect on the purity of Kronos as a well developed realm, and even giving them that much, could be considered a bit much. To copy them as a whole would be to accommodate their poor choice to remain on Nost in the first place. Sure there are innocents who simply came upon Nost and refused to do any research (what an intelligent person might do) on where they should roll, but the world doesn't spin for any one person.

Last edited:
Well written Zipzo.

Personally i don´t have problem give people free 60s with 10g and grey gear. I really see only positives. More active PvP, more items in AH more dungs etc etc etc. Unfair to others? not blizzlike? I can´t care less.. We COULD use more people on server and that´s all.

I personally rather just boost the exp rate to 1,6% or w/e, giving free 60s is like a slap to the face for the devs that worked so hard to fix all the quests :rolleyes2:

Then my low lvl alt could maybe get some wsg action as well. (if more people re-roll here that is)

Well thought, as usual Zip.

Putting aside the purity for a second:

Would it not be the best solution (for the current population problem) if we give the characters being xferred access to ONLY green/white items and a minimal amount of gold? This would alleviate some of the "purity" issues that you have referenced.

Well written Zipzo.

Personally i don´t have problem give people free 60s with 10g and grey gear. I really see only positives. More active PvP, more items in AH more dungs etc etc etc. Unfair to others? not blizzlike? I can´t care less.. We COULD use more people on server and that´s all.

1. It's slap in the face to those who are not at max level yet.
2. Instant characters are not loved as much as characters that were properly levelled from start and most people will return to the original server where they have geared alts and friends to play with.

Last edited:
Its mostly the players that hold you back. If you can't convince all of your friends and online bros to reroll with you, chances are you stick with what you currently have even though it might not be the best choice.

Top Bottom