• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nostril Closing BWL Because of Bad Scripting

Its mostly the players that hold you back. If you can't convince all of your friends and online bros to reroll with you, chances are you stick with what you currently have even though it might not be the best choice.

You can make new ones, nothing of importance would be lost. Still nothing can beat a server, where everything is nearly identical to what blizz servers had back in the day. If you eager to chat with your bros, get on skype :>

I am not okay with giving free 60's to people who might have exploited their ways to 60. But on the other hand a pop increase sounds really good.

What do you think of using a multiplier like 0.85. So if someone wants to transfer a char which is level 60 its' level would be (60 * 0.85) 51 in Kronos. The multiplier can be taken a litte bigger.

^ No

it doesn't take that long to level to 60, and not to add it's kind of fun because the quest actually work well and low level dungeons all work (the ons I've done so far).

For some it does...

lvl 40 Shaman with /played ~6 days. I don't have time to play on the weekdays, which would make it probably lvl 50. But still 4ish weeks of playing. I have never been able to level fast in any game. Hell even in retail my main took about a month to get 100 after boosting him to 90. Despite the fact I usually was playing 10hrs a day (one bright spot on being 'between jobs').

There are two things stopping me from coming over.

1) Lack of population
2) Starting Over (in terms of levels only; gear and coin is easy to get)

^ No

it doesn't take that long to level to 60, and not to add it's kind of fun because the quest actually work well and low level dungeons all work (the ons I've done so far).

This is entirely opinionated, I see where you're coming from but it takes a hell of lot longer to level a warrior than it would to level a mage, warlock or hunter. I just hit 60 on a druid on Nost and it took 12 days played. Obviously this will vary from person to person based on experience, character, will power and free time.

You're facing a slew of people pissed off at Nost for the terrible scripting, crashes and gameplay and the only real thing stopping a large influx of people is the time it takes to get from 1-60 again. You've seen evidence of people saying they wouldn't mind at all for a XP boost, blank 60, even that 0.85 multiplier sounds good.

In the nicest way possible, you'd think a server with such a great community and product would embrace this opportunity to grab some of the playerbase from Nost. I realise the yearn to not break the 'Blizzlike' feel but Kronos have already done that with the mounts and Nost have already done it with Kryll and will only implement more.

Don't look at the Nost population as the enemy that you're now feeling schadenfreude for, look at it as an opportunity to show the good in Kronos and really get the project rolling.

This is entirely opinionated, I see where you're coming from but it takes a hell of lot longer to level a warrior than it would to level a mage, warlock or hunter. I just hit 60 on a druid on Nost and it took 12 days played. Obviously this will vary from person to person based on experience, character, will power and free time.

You're facing a slew of people pissed off at Nost for the terrible scripting, crashes and gameplay and the only real thing stopping a large influx of people is the time it takes to get from 1-60 again. You've seen evidence of people saying they wouldn't mind at all for a XP boost, blank 60, even that 0.85 multiplier sounds good.

In the nicest way possible, you'd think a server with such a great community and product would embrace this opportunity to grab some of the playerbase from Nost. I realise the yearn to not break the 'Blizzlike' feel but Kronos have already done that with the mounts and Nost have already done it with Kryll and will only implement more.

Don't look at the Nost population as the enemy that you're now feeling schadenfreude for, look at it as an opportunity to show the good in Kronos and really get the project rolling.

First of all, our population is fine! I dont get why people keep saying we need more people, before Nost came with their several thousands users, a server with 1k+ population on peak was considered successfull! There are countless servers out there still lingering around at 400-800 population during peak hours and they have been for years.

Furthermore, if people are to lazy to level they can make use of the character auction. You save time by using money to buy stars, this will help support the server, and for those stars you can buy a character already leveled up (sometimes there are higher level chars for sale but they get bought fast).

Nost has many issues as people are starting to realise even more. If they want to come here then fine, but giving out free characters and loot and stuff because they dont feel like doing it all over again, then by all means stay where you are. If you are serious about wanting to enjoy a wonderfully scripted server that has working content like vanilla retail (even the raids!), then it is going to be worth it in the end.

First of all, our population is fine! I dont get why people keep saying we need more people.

Okay if you don't get why, I'll try to explain:
  • Auction House is kind of poor, not many items around.
  • Leveling dungeon groups aren't easy to find (even with whispering people).
  • PvP population is too low, sometimes during WSG weekends going below 250 ranked players per week. If Kronos hadn't adjusted their formulas to the low population, getting rank 14 with standing 1 would be impossible in some weeks.
  • All the "established" guilds are recruiting more raiders all the time.

Just first 4 reasons that come to my mind.

P.S. <Vanguard> is recruiting!

Auction house is poor cause people put in items for ALTS to buy and not leveling newcomers. Alts have way more resources and the AH prices are nuts.

So far I had no problem finding a group for any dungeon I wanted, not even Maraudon.

You complain about PvP community and the last time I saw you in WSG was months back.
Kronos didn't lower the caps for R14 bracket. You still need the same amout of active players to reach it.
Bracket 12 and 13 got adjusted. Wether this is not an adjustment to make it work correctly or not I can not say.
For the PvP point I totally agree. We need more players that enjoy PvP for fun and not gear.

More players will not change that. You will just end up having more guilds doing just the same.

Furthermore, if people are to lazy to level they can make use of the character auction. You save time by using money to buy stars, this will help support the server, and for those stars you can buy a character already leveled up (sometimes there are higher level chars for sale but they get bought fast).

Character auction you say. Okay, where's an orc shaman of at least lvl 30, because that's what I will be playing. Hell, where's a shaman PERIOD. -- Why would I waste my time (and now money apparently [these Stars people speak of]) playing a class I give zero shits about.

Then you either wait for a class you want to play and buy that one, or you get off the forum and start levling the class you want. Its not that hard. Time is money friend, and thats what this is all about. If you dont want to spend any time levling then stalk the Character auctions, if you are lucky you might get a class you want, but it will ofc cost you. Or you just do it the regular way like everybody else.

Kronos should never cater to all those who now wants to jump ship. If they are serious about changing server than they will, either with their time or money.

On the last server I was working on as a developer, we made an addon that would just scan the character and decode it into a lua file, which the player were supposed to upload. I can share this addon if the Kronos staff wishes to.

Twinstar also had addon that scanned the character, the problem is that Vanilla API does not allow scan of completed quests and other things.

You complain about PvP community and the last time I saw you in WSG was months back.

I spend most of my time managing a pure PvE guild to which we dedicated vast majority of our time. We will never join WSG instead of continuing our work. I am not the problem here, you always have PvE and PvP people. We just need more PvP people and they come along with bigger population.

The last thing Kronos should do, just to look pathetic, retarded, desperate and a total failure, is to steal other servers' characters using scripts :wacko:

Just start leveling, you would have been level 20 already. There's almost no ganking/camping here, so it's a totally different experience than I imagine you can have on Nos. Obviously, who plays "two hours, on weekends" is fucked by design, and complaints should be sent to Blizzard Entertainment.

I agree double the pop would not hurt Kronos (Nost levels of pop would, however), but giving out free characters would be totally ridiculous and wrong.

The problem for Kronos is "the 8k pop bug server" will release pve server.. so the new player will not be attracked by Kronos "the better script server ever"..

What exactly is so attractive about a PvE server? The retail numbers suggest otherwise. 54% of all retail players play on PvP servers. Insinuating that the PvE status alone will draw all new players is very simplistic and defeatist.

What exactly is so attractive about a PvE server? The retail numbers suggest otherwise. 54% of all retail players play on PvP servers. Insinuating that the PvE status alone will draw all new players is very simplistic and defeatist.
I can grantee to you that if the dungeons/raids from retail wow were hardcore like the vanilla ones (bigger dungeons without giant humanoids to compensate the small dungeons), then the PVE numbers would become overwhelming.

By the way, PVE servers are for casual players who can't stand the true world of warcraft experience, the right thing blizzard could do would be eliminating the PVE and PVP server brands and put only the PvP servers working to serve as both PvE and PvP servers and making the PvE gear stronger than PvP gear just like it was in vanilla because WoW is all about the lore, arena/BG PvP is just a bonus.

They're removing the flying mounts already, let's hope they'll segregate the n00bs from the pros like they did on vanilla...

I can grantee to you that if the dungeons/raids from retail wow were hardcore like the vanilla ones (bigger dungeons without giant humanoids to compensate the small dungeons), then the PVE numbers would become overwhelming.

By the way, PVE servers are for casual players who can't stand the true world of warcraft experience, the right thing blizzard could do would be eliminating the PVE and PVP server brands and put only the PvP servers working to serve as both PvE and PvP servers and making the PvE gear stronger than PvP gear just like it was in vanilla because WoW is all about the lore, arena/BG PvP is just a bonus.

They're removing the flying mounts already, let's hope they'll segregate the n00bs from the pros like they did on vanilla...

You make it sound like vanilla was a hard game, the hardest boss ever in wow history wouldn't even make it into the top 20 of hardest boss encounters in MMOs. The only thing they segregated was people who had time (read between jobs and likewise) with people who didn't have as much time to spend (Work, kids, other interests).

Vanilla dungeons were never "hardcore", they had tons of activities packed in them though with a nonlinear progression towards the last boss. The heroic dungeons in TBC are some that I'd rate alot higher in terms of "hardcore", hell even the heroic dungeons in the beginning of WOTLK were more of a challenge then the vanilla counterparts.

PVE servers or normal servers as they are named are not exclusively for casual players, just because you decide to play on a PvP server doesn't automatically turn you into a hardcore player. There is no "true world of warcraft experience" that you can force upon other players, the only true experience that this game will provide is a common place for gamers to meet up and to do different things together. How this varies is independent upon each and every player, and they have the choice to determine how their experience of the game will present itself.

The notion that a very actual segment of the market cannot stand to experience the "real deal" from your own perspective, can harshly be compared to a drug addict demanding that individuals who doesn't do heroin should be forced to experience it - because fuck them for choosing a different way to live their life.

All the best
Soyoen

Last edited:
the hardest boss ever in wow history wouldn't even make it into the top 20 of hardest boss encounters in MMOs.

I've never actually played any other MMOs seriously, can you link hard bosses from other games? I'm curious

World PvP is absolutely dead on retail, and instanced PvP is only a fraction of the PvE scene. Most people on PvP servers don't give a flying fuck about PvP.

There are less than 2 weeks until we can see how attractive is a PvE server :w00t:

free 60's for them? Are you kidding me? Both servers started +- at the same time so starting to play on nos was their decision.
--- so there is a solution for them> buy char from AH. Guys you cant imagine how many hours spent all devs sitting behind their PCs and developing all this amazing scripts for us. Another solution is create some 60s with green items on them and put them on AH (but not for free).. To make it more attractive put only 10 horde and 10 aliances chars to AH per day...

Thats my opinion.

Seeya ingame.

free 60's for them? Are you kidding me? Both servers started +- at the same time so starting to play on nos was their decision.
--- so there is a solution for them> buy char from AH. Guys you cant imagine how many hours spent all devs sitting behind their PCs and developing all this amazing scripts for us. Another solution is create some 60s with green items on them and put them on AH (but not for free).. To make it more attractive put only 10 horde and 10 aliances chars to AH per day...

Thats my opinion.

Seeya ingame.
sounds like good money for twinstar
You have good opinion + from me

I would not do that. Many people will then complain about Kronos being pay to win.
How buying green-geared char can be called "pay to win"?? Buying in itself won`t make you stronger or give you an edge in pve/pvp. That is just paid shortcut to the endgame.

Top Bottom