• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Faction/Race/Gender Change

PathlessGiant

Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible to get a faction/race change and what it would cost if it were possible.

Regards.

At this time it's not possible for any of those changes. There's a feature request inside the suggestion forum, and at some point may be under investigation for possible development. However we do not have an eta on if/when this would occur.

Twinstar, please take our money by enabling this feature! We are literally begging you to do it, so many people want race change.

7d3c57bd9cc3f24001241c39cdbdcc5a.png

I told that in other threads - It's not so easy task to do it in vanilla than on other expansions, because vanilla client does not support it. If you have an solution for an automatic faction change without using game client, then share it with us please. :smile:

I told that in other threads - It's not so easy task to do it in vanilla than on other expansions, because vanilla client does not support it. If you have an solution for an automatic faction change without using game client, then share it with us please. :smile:
Indeed, you would need to have your character edited inside the database xD Would be quite difficult to implement. However was just wondering if this community had figured out a way to make it work.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys.

How is running a few SQL queries difficult. And I don't understand why you are mentioning vanilla client, it has nothing to do with the client. Characters are all in the database. If you mean that clients of other players need to be updated properly that can be solved by doing the race change by creating a level 1 and copying all char info to that new char and deleting old one, while removing race-specific quests if there are any. All this can be done automatically via a script, just make sure user is not logged on (just like for the unstuck feature on website).

I mean sure, it requires some time and they may not have it or they may be doing something important at the moment, that I can understand. But I don't see why you keep saying that it would be difficult.

Problem is you can't copy all character info from one race to another. For example there are few race related quests and spells. If something is forgotten, server can be full of bugged characters.

Last edited:
Indeed, you would need to have your character edited inside the database xD Would be quite difficult to implement. However was just wondering if this community had figured out a way to make it work.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys.

Actually is not that difficult. I played on a WotLK private server that had this options implemented via scripts, and not using the client. The most complicated one was the faction change because of the achievements and mount system, but in vanilla that's much easier than WotLK.

I mean sure, it requires some time

That sums it up. Keep in mind we have limited developers. Time has to be allocated to a) Raid development (BWL, ZG, AQ20/40 etc...), b) Bug fixes (including testing), c) Feature development.

Putting resources into one of the above takes them away from another. Right now priority is ZG per the development plan. After that it's up to the dev to decide where to allocate resources accordingly.

Top Bottom