• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alliance <Invictus> Alliance Casual Raiding

Elicas

Due to the sheer amount of effort of trying to maintain anything even remotely resembling a raid roster on this server (we've lost over 10 raid geared holy paladins who have quit the server in the last few months) Invictus are no longer recruiting, and are looking at moving en masse from the server.

We enjoyed our time here, but constantly having to reset our raid progress every 4 weeks due to people going RIP from the server has led to a situation where we can't even raid MC due to having only 3 available healers, the week after we down Chrommagus with no deaths.

Worse, is the fact we aren't losing people to poaching by other guilds (though we have certainly lost some), but to the 800lb gorilla on the vanilla scene. Especially since their PvE server released, since which drop off in our guild has become impossible to keep up with. Especially exasperated by the fact every single more progressed guild on the server are currently recruiting healers as well, we are struggling to get a look in at all.

I enjoyed my 60 days /played, but I for all the scripting in the world, this just isn't worth the effort currently.

Please show a good home to those from Invictus who have decided to stay on this server!

Last edited:
Still hunting one mage and one warlock for helping us push Chrom and Nef. 6/8 BWL now down.

Congratulations!
Good to see you're placing a larger spotlight on your crew, Maybelle, it's worth paying attention to!

Thanks Dallo! Roster boss has been attacking us recently, but we're hoping to push the dps and down him soon.

Or in other words, recruiting 2 active Mages, 1 Warlocks and a Rogue.

"A friendly guild environment that prioritizes mature behavior and an enjoyable environment over raid progression."

-Does this mean you accept people playing "wrong" specs as well? Im playing a pally but I dont plan on going further down the holy tree than (Consecration 11 points holy). If a person works hard for his gear and spend alot of time to optimize the class and never cause raidwipes or standa around in fire (ie have decent skill), would you take a ret pally or prot pally for offtanking for example with you?
I've been searching around abit for a more causal raidguild that accepts all specs (and every raid has been proven doable with all specs, thus 40man raids) and focus more on having fun together (and playing paladins are what I might consider fun class to play) without being pigeonholed into healing - I dont mind throwing some offheals, buff blessings and dispel others in between my dps CDs on Judge/Cons etc.

Anyway. Let me know and good luck with the raids!

We don't currently have a Ret/Prot paladin, and it's something I can definitely talk over with the other officers and consider. We had one guy who wanted to play ret, but we didn't accept him at the time as we were getting regular 42-45 sign ups and were in the process of benching people, currently, that is not an issue for us.

Contact me in game and we can discuss things :smile:

Sweet. In case I'd become too bad dps-wise to the unbearable I guess you could always assign me to Nightfall-duty ^^ We can keep the debuff up all the time basically. I might contact you in game soon, i've been thinking about returning to Kronos because of its unmatched scripting in the vanilla scene, but the whole PvP thing makes me hesitant. Thanks for answers and cya around !

Hey guys I just started playing at kronos. I never got to raid during vanilla wow but I would really like to learn the ropes and everything. Let me know if I could join you guys. I will be starting fresh so getting to 60 May take a bit but I would like to join you all. Any class suggestions? Thanks.

Hey guys I just started playing at kronos. I never got to raid during vanilla wow but I would really like to learn the ropes and everything. Let me know if I could join you guys. I will be starting fresh so getting to 60 May take a bit but I would like to join you all. Any class suggestions? Thanks.

Whisper anyone in the guild today asking for Kass and they'll direct you to whichever one of my multitude of alts I'm on, if i'm not on my Rogue itself.

Looking forward to chatting to you!

just got online.. cant seem to find anyone online in the guild.. would you rather have a warlock or hunter? ill level either

just got online.. cant seem to find anyone online in the guild.. would you rather have a warlock or hunter? ill level either

Strange that you say you couldn't find any of us, when you posted that comment we were 11 players online.

Make sure you've spelled the guilds name right when searching /who! :smile:

Due to the sheer amount of effort of trying to maintain anything even remotely resembling a raid roster on this server (we've lost over 10 raid geared holy paladins who have quit the server in the last few months) Invictus are no longer recruiting, and are looking at moving en masse from the server.

We enjoyed our time here, but constantly having to reset our raid progress every 4 weeks due to people going RIP from the server has led to a situation where we can't even raid MC due to having only 3 available healers, the week after we down Chrommagus with no deaths.

Worse, is the fact we aren't losing people to poaching by other guilds (though we have certainly lost some), but to the 800lb gorilla on the vanilla scene. Especially since their PvE server released, since which drop off in our guild has become impossible to keep up with. Especially exasperated by the fact every single more progressed guild on the server are currently recruiting healers as well, we are struggling to get a look in at all.

I enjoyed my 60 days /played, but I for all the scripting in the world, this just isn't worth the effort currently.

Please show a good home to those from Invictus who have decided to stay on this server!

Aw man, it sucks that it has turned out to be this way... Really sad. :sad:

Still, I wish you guys the best of luck on Nos! Let the vanilla spirit be with you! :)

I don't get it. Rather than starting over on Nost, wouldn't it be better to just join a better established raiding guild here?

I don't get it. Rather than starting over on Nost, wouldn't it be better to just join a better established raiding guild here?

Who said we are going to Nost? We aren't.

The issue with joining an established raiding guild is we have a solid core of 25-30 or so people, who all wish to stay together and raid together. Most guilds are looking for 5-10 members, the same way we were, and we simply cannot fit in without friends being either permanently benched, or splitting the team entirely.

We're heading to TBC instead.

We're heading to TBC instead.

Ares?

Anyway, haven't you all tried to join your efforts and boost anyone in their early 50s, rather than just waiting to recruit level 60s only, and possibly raid-ready too? I feel like being 5-10 raiders short can't be that much of an hassle, assumed everything doesn't lie on a single member's shoulders, of course. That would also solve the problem of gankers, if a couple 60s can assist a candidate raider in the final stage of leveling.

I'll bring my own experience: long as I would rely on spamming recruitment macros, my guild grew very slowly, if any at all. Soon as I turned to a more active approach, results have been stunning. In fact, the two methods can't even compare.

The same applies to finding group for leveling dungeons: some people who just spam LFM messages in World complain it's really hard, while those who bother themselves whispering around have had an excellent outcome.

Can't be that much more complicated when it comes to endgame.

Ares?

Anyway, haven't you all tried to join your efforts and boost anyone in their early 50s, rather than just waiting to recruit level 60s only, and possibly raid-ready too? I feel like being 5-10 raiders short can't be that much of an hassle, assumed everything doesn't lie on a single member's shoulders, of course. That would also solve the problem of gankers, if a couple 60s can assist a candidate raider in the final stage of leveling.

I'll bring my own experience: long as I would rely on spamming recruitment macros, my guild grew very slowly, if any at all. Soon as I turned to a more active approach, results have been stunning. In fact, the two methods can't even compare.

The same applies to finding group for leveling dungeons: some people who just spam LFM messages in World complain it's really hard, while those who bother themselves whispering around have had an excellent outcome.

Can't be that much more complicated when it comes to endgame.

Moradin, I think I quite understand their situation, and after a while of trying to raid and not being able to, you finally give up because youre so damn burnt. Cause let's admit, this server isn't the most fun for sure, specially after you hit 60.

Trying to establish and then maintain a stable raid roster is way more difficult than you imagine. It's a serious commitment from everyone in it and you have to invest enormous amount of both time and energy to keep it from falling apart, especially when things start going downhill. being in a position of lacking 5-10 people is actually the worst scenario because it means you can't compete with other guilds since you lack people, and you can't attract recruits either since again you lack people and raids aren't very enjoyable that way. If things don't change by some miracle (sudden wave of recruits, or another guild disbands), after fighting for a while (can be a long while) in the end you break and give up.

[video=youtube;QuNhTLVgV2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y[/video]

Yeah, I tend to forget how raiding guilds are packed with 60s, with barely anyone in the leveling bracket... so every loss is potentially tragic. I guess during our times raiding on ED this problem never happened because the raid core had a steady influx of new 60s coming from the ranks of our own levelers. I plan to go by the same strategy here, hopefully it will work out as much as it did there.

Top Bottom