• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Community-driven Leveling Assistance Project for New Rollers/Switchers

Zipzo

Authorized
There is one single reason I've seen repeated more often than any other when asking friends or inquiring even to strangers as to why they don't want to come to Kronos from wherever they're currently playing, whether it be another vanilla server or any other expansion.

"I don't want to start over"

I think most of you can corroborate with this experience. The single most daunting obstacle that lay before any bright and bug-eyed player moving in to another 1x server. It can really burn someone out and there are many who may have already done switch before!

I've had the pleasure of being able to draw a handful of people in to Kronos simply by streaming and introducing them to (imo) the best vanilla experience out on the market, but I still feel as though I could be doing more, and that has let me to the jump-start of a project I intend to helm and manage for the single purpose of addressing what I believe to be the single most important obstacle worth addressing for new players: the grind. The reason I'm sharing this idea with you before putting it out on the reddit or spreading it elsewhere is because I also need your help! I will need a handful of folks from both factions willing to take part in this project in order for it to be successful (for players of both factions of course).

Introducing the ZIP-2-60 Questing Assistance Project!

What this project aims to do: Assist in the completion of difficult or otherwise un-doable quests for new players who have difficulty forming parties or getting over an XP gap due to a log of difficult quests, with the higher objective of motivating newer players to roll knowing they can always rely on assistance from their friendly neighborhood Kronos player to help get them up to speed.

How we plan to do it: I will be managing a queue system where I take requests from new players. The player-in-need will describe the quest that they would like to complete (or even group of quests!) and then I will contact someone on my roster of awesome epic raid-geared players to go and assist said player in clearing out those pesky quests! When the "helper" player is ready to assist with the quest assignment I've assigned them, they will send a message to the leveling player when they are online, in an effort to group up and help complete the task requested. When the task is finished, I will be notified by the helper, and it will be cleared from the queue. I can only take as many requests as I have people to send out! That includes myself, by the way! Of course this system can be abused by lazy people who want others to do everything for them, so...

At the moment the plan is to take requests for Elite grade quests only.

This includes dungeon runs.

By simply carrying you through quests denoted as being clearable by the player themself outside of a group, we risk infringing on the intended leveling experience of a Vanilla realm by "over-helping". To some, they don't care what-so-ever as long as they get their quests done as quickly as possible, but this is a point I intend to hold strong on because Kronos's ability to immerse people in the vanilla experience is significant, in my opinion, so for now I only plan to deal in elite quests or dungeon runs around the level of 40 and below (above 40 can be arranged depending on the dungeon and the class of the player helping).

This circumvents the issue of needing to find a group and wasting a lot of valuable XP time, both in terms of the the dungeon and their elite quests, which can sometimes be very difficult to find other people lined up on the same quests in your zone when you're playing. It can really take a stresser off of a new leveler knowing they can fall back on the Zip-to-60 team to help them in a bind where they aren't getting bites in world chat.

I'm going to use this thread to start a list or roster so to speak of people on both factions who would be willing to participate in such a project. Those interested should be (ideally) level 60 and/or pretty close to 60 otherwise you risk being unhelpful on certain higher level quests, have Skype or some easy method of contact similar (at worst I can make a horde alt), and have a thing for helping others and wanting Kronos to get better :).

Alliance Helpers
Zipzo
Sidney
Chalia
Montecristo

Horde Helpers
Volrat
Tekai
Diazepam
Druzz

Now This project cannot succeed without your guys' help, so if nobody volunteers to be a part of it then unfortunately it's back to the drawing board for me on ways that I can help Kronos grow. Here's to hoping others can see the value in this idea! Look forward to your responses/criticisms/ideas on how to maybe even make the idea better! See you guys around.

Last edited:
I would like to help but i have a very limited play time. Assigning me might be difficult as my playtime is not shedulable. What do you think if I would offer the helping service over the world chat on horde whenever I can and also directing people to this thread?

I would like to help but i have a very limited play time. Assigning me might be difficult as my playtime is not shedulable. What do you think if I would offer the helping service over the world chat on horde whenever I can and also directing people to this thread?

I don't think we'll deal in scheduled times. It's going to be a combination of whenever you're available and online and able, and the person with an active request is also online. At this point you can send the leveler a message and get it going on your own time. We're all busy at 60 (raidlogging :^]), so this project would not be intended to draw a great deal of time out of your general, lvl 60 business.

What faction are you?

I would be interested in helping players on Horde side. Same as Rockmaster, my playtime is rather chaotic, but tends to be past 20:00 ST. Contact me with forum messages or in-game whispers.

There will have to be a way to get data on whether this is successful (ie: gets more players to level to 60) or isn't (ex: players that look for this help would have leveled to 60 anyway).

I don't think we'll deal in scheduled times. It's going to be a combination of whenever you're available and online and able, and the person with an active request is also online. At this point you can send the leveler a message and get it going on your own time. We're all busy at 60 (raidlogging :^]), so this project would not be intended to draw a great deal of time out of your general, lvl 60 business.

What faction are you?
Faction: Horde
Name: Volrat

I would be interested in helping players on Horde side. Same as Rockmaster, my playtime is rather chaotic, but tends to be past 20:00 ST. Contact me with forum messages or in-game whispers.

There will have to be a way to get data on whether this is successful (ie: gets more players to level to 60) or isn't (ex: players that look for this help would have leveled to 60 anyway).

I think it will be a requirement starting now that we get a testimony from anyone that we help, and I can post the testimony here (or in the ultimate request thread if I make a new one) in a section for them. Those will be nice to read.

Thanks for offering your hand, it really helps to have helpers on the horde side as an alliance player.

I'll add the both of you to the prototype roster.

What about loot? FFA and leveler gets all? Group loot so the helper can get some things? According to a consensus reached on group creation? What if a BoE drops that the helper needs? Or if helper needs cloth for profession? Some pre-set rules to the helping process? (ex: helped player [HP] waiting alongside the helper, not talking & not moving if not to loot -> what reaction from the helper?) Is it too soon to advertise on world chat? Some kind of attitude/philosophy from the helper? (ex: helper lets the HP try once alone with advices, if not successful he gives help).

Fuck yeah man. This is definitely what the community needs.

You know I'm in Zip. 60 Shaman (Resto/Enhance)

Playtime: PST varying between 3-9 PM

Tossing you a message as well bro.

What about loot? FFA and leveler gets all? Group loot so the helper can get some things? According to a consensus reached on group creation? What if a BoE drops that the helper needs? Or if helper needs cloth for profession? Some pre-set rules to the helping process? (ex: helped player [HP] waiting alongside the helper, not talking & not moving if not to loot -> what reaction from the helper?) Is it too soon to advertise on world chat? Some kind of attitude/philosophy from the helper? (ex: helper lets the HP try once alone with advices, if not successful he gives help).

Hm, I think that this can be a self-manages thing. The helper can clarify if there is anything of importance that they may want with the lowbie, and come to an agreement between themselves. I think this is unlikely to be a large-scale issue so much as a micro one on rare occasions but a good thing to bring up nonetheless.

Fuck yeah man. This is definitely what the community needs.

You know I'm in Zip. 60 Shaman (Resto/Enhance)

Playtime: PST varying between 3-9 PM

Tossing you a message as well bro.

Hey man! Thanks for volunteering! Yoroshiku! I'll see to your message!

Right now I need more Alliance lvl 60 helpers. Horde appear to be the kinder faction so far!

Last edited:
Hello Zipzo, I'll be honest with you; I don't think this initiative will encourage more people to join Kronos, since elite quests and/or dungeons are a small portion of levelling, and if people are too lazy or just not in the mood to start all over again, this is just not enough to stimulate them.

On the other hand I think that initiatives like this one will keep the server alive, that's what a healthy community does: they keep the server alive. So I'll be glad to join you, feel free to add my Alliance toons Ramses and/or Montecristo.

Kudos!

Hello Zipzo, I'll be honest with you; I don't think this initiative will encourage more people to join Kronos, since elite quests and/or dungeons are a small portion of levelling, and if people are too lazy or just not in the mood to start all over again, this is just not enough to stimulate them.

On the other hand I think that initiatives like this one will keep the server alive, that's what a healthy community does: they keep the server alive. So I'll be glad to join you, feel free to add my Alliance toons Ramses and/or Montecristo.

Kudos!

The only other option short of carrying them through their entire questing experience or just plain piloting the account yourself would only be anything that Kronos devs themselves would have to agree on and do (XP boost or recruit a friend mechanics).

That or the character auction.

I felt this to be the best possible approach from the POV of what we as players can reasonably do. I do appreciate the input though! More so, thanks for your volunteer!

The only other option short of carrying them through their entire questing experience or just plain piloting the account yourself would only be anything that Kronos devs themselves would have to agree on and do (XP boost or recruit a friend mechanics).

That or the character auction.

I felt this to be the best possible approach from the POV of what we as players can reasonably do. I do appreciate the input though! More so, thanks for your volunteer!

I'm just thinking of when I started playing here on Kronos, basically it was a "mistake". First of all you have to know that I've been playing on another vanilla WoW server ("greenish dreamland") for over 3 years, I levelled like 6 level 60 there, I did raid up to AQ and ranked up to rank 10. I spent so much time on my toons that woul've never moved on another server and start all over again, even if that server was dying and had a very low population.
But something happened, my network had a problem for like two weeks or so, and it was so slow that I couldn't raid with my old guild or even opening a web page, the only thing I could do was playing WoW without too many people around, so basically I could only explore Azeroth or questing around.

At that time I knew that there was this new super-good-scripted server called "Kronos", like the ancient Greek Titan son of Uranus (sky) and Gaia (earth), but like I said I didn't want to start all over again since I spent so much time on my toons, but I had no choice. I wanted to play WoW, but my connection was so bad and the only thing I could do was levelling, and so I did on Kronos. I started a new toon here, just to pass the time to wait for my connection to be fixed, so I could go back raiding on the "greenish dreamland" server, but long story short: after I tried Kronos for a pair of weeks there was no turn back. And I left my epic geared toons for a level 30 crappy priest to start a new exciting adventure.

So for me it was a "mistake", I didn't plan to leave my old server, I've been "forced" to do so becouse of my network problem. And that's why I don't think anyone playing on any other vanilla server that was out before Kronos will ever come here, unless they are greatly motivated. Something drastic must happen to force someone to throw away thousands of hours of gameplay just to get a better script.

But maybe even the tiniest drop will help to fill the void that oppresses Kronos at the moment, so once again kudos to Zipzo for the initiative.

Last edited:
I like initiatives like these, all the small things help!

Name: Zaj
Faction: Alliance

Top Bottom