• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

1v1 Tournament

rhythx

TOURNAMENT RESULTS:
1st: Yolam
2nd: Worstworrier
3rd: Sushibarf
4th: Maredasan
5th-8th: Capture/Xposed/Ayz/Spasi
9th+: Ellarion, Ilycra, Pikkuhousut, Hershal, Hagson, Aeonix, Gentlegeist, Eywin, Serenery, Creedx​

i believe our stream peaked @ 250~ viewers (maybe more?) and we had 350~ people in STV watching, great fuckin turnout. thanks to all competitors, spectators and ofc GMs who helped immensely in keeping the peace

special mention for brochette who kited teremus to the event rofl

KEEP AN EYE ON THE FORUMS FOR A 2v2 EVENT COMING UP SOON, FEATURING BO3 GROUP STAGES AND DOUBLE ELIMINATION, gonna be big boys

VODS @ http://twitch.tv/perplexitycya

videos will be posted soon on my youtube

http://i.imgur.com/k9c6YdB.png

TO SEE THE EVENT DETAILS CLICK BELOW (rules, etc, how it was run.)

Creedx will be taking the place of 'Hellmoss' who cannot make it due to a last minute cancellation, and Ilycra will take the place of Dextros for the same reason.

DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 16TH JANUARY 17:00 ST
(original date felt a bit rushed, apologies)

if you are competing, please regularly check this thread for the possibility of minor updates in rule changes & other things

HELLO,

Myself & a few others will be hosting a duel tournament on the 16th January 2016 @ 17:00 ST.

There will be a maximum of 24 people competing, slots reserved on a first come first serve basis.

The event will also be streamed @ http://twitch.tv/perplexitycya

RNJhBLb.png

ENTRY FEE & PRIZE POOL

You will be required to pay an entry fee of 20g if you wish to participate.
1st place will take 60% of the entry pool + 100% donations, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%. so if we manage to get 24 participants, prizes will be as follows:

1st: 718.2 gold + 500 stars
2nd: 239.4 gold + 300 stars
3rd: 119.7 gold +100 stars

If you wish to sponsor the tournament, 100% of your donation will be added to the prize pool.
Sponsors<33333333:
Quasist: 655g
Icairus: 50g
Sufix: 50g
Maagd: 10g

smallprint: depending on the winner you may lose a very small percentage of your winnings (gold wise) seeing as one chunk of gold will have to go through the neutral AH which'll take a small cut

FORMAT

- Bracket will be single elimination; semi-finals and final will be bo3.
- First matches will be drawn using https://www.random.org/ - once your match has completed you will be required to peacefully leave the arena.
- If there is a mirror match, the bracket will be re-sorted. If a mirror match is forced (f.eg. in the finals) it shall go ahead.
- There will be 5 minute intervals between each match in the group stages. After each round is completed, players will be given 20 minutes to go and respec/regear for their next match. (and if a GM could oversee this to ensure no tampering we'd be grateful).
- You will be required to be @ the arena and ready for your match prior to the starting time. If you aren't in time for your duel, you will be automatically disqualified, no exceptions.
- If you are versing a warrior, you must let them charge you when the duel begins. No AoEing out rogues until they open at the start of the fight (exceptions being in warrior vs rogue where the warrior must let the rogue begin the duel with an ability in stealth). If rng plays a factor, the duel will not be restarted. This being the case, the rogue/warrior must have opened within 10 seconds of the duel beginning to avoid sapping shields off, etc
- In warrior vs. warrior, the players MUST BEGIN THE DUEL @ 5~ yds away from each other & WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE CHARGE UNTIL BOTH PLAYERS HAVE BEEN IN COMBAT WITH EACH OTHER AT LEAST ONCE (bloodrage doesn't count). In rogue vs. rogue players MUST BEGIN THE DUEL OUTSIDE OF STEALTH and will not be allowed to use BLIND, VANISH and STEALTH (rogues may use all other spells at their disposal, providing they're within the rules).
- If you are playing vs. a druid, you must allow the druid to open on you from stealth, unless you are a rogue, where the druid must start the duel outside of stealth and let the rogue open. In the event of a forced druid vs. druid matchup, both players will start in bear form.
- Stealth classes may not stealth for longer than 10 seconds after restealths/vanishes. This is to prevent waiting for cds & excessive eating in stealth. This rule is lenient, meaning if you run over 10 seconds because you're for example, waiting for a mage to be on global before you open, you wont be punished - but please don't abuse this. If we suspect you're waiting for cooldowns in stealth deliberately, you will automatically forfeit your match.

ITEM RULES
(these are always subject to change)

You may use:
Iron Grenades
Up to lvl55 food/drinks that do not give you buffs (no 3% per sec fruitcake things)
Mounts
Bandages (
no anti venoms etc)
Class items (rogue poisons for example)
Anything with a cd of 10 mins or under (reflectors, etc)

Restricted (you will not be allowed to use these):
Any and all abilities and items with cooldowns that exceed 10 minutes (lay on hands, soulstone, invis trinket, etc)
No foreign buffs (from other classes)
Thistle Tea (TAKE NOTE ROGUES)
Tidal Charm
Rocket Helm
Consumables that give you anything combat worthy whatsoever (heals, dispels, defensive, offensive etc (scorpid surprise, free action, crystal restore, health pot.. etc)
Magic Dust
Large Rope Net
Horned Viking Helm
Gnomish Death Ray
Grenades that aren't made of iron (this means shit like arcane bomb's banned)
Flash Bomb
Anti Venoms
Graccu's Mincemeat Fruitcake (or w/e it's called)
Quest Items (like burning gem, hello xposed)
Noggenfogger Elixir (can act as a trash buff)

If you wish to participate, leave your name here and send 20g to 'Allstarduels' (A) / 'Allstarduelx (H) by the 15th January 2016. If we haven't received your payment by this date, your spot will be vacated for someone else.

-- Once we have confirmed payment from 24 individuals we will update this thread. If you pay the entry and intend to compete but for some reason(s) are unable to attend, please notify us 48 hours prior to the tournament so we have enough ample time to find another competitor. If we aren't able to do this, the opponent of said person will be given a first round BYE. --

happy holidays

SPECTATOR RULES

If you intend to watch the tournament, please be orderly & form a circle around the edges of the arena. Please do not stand inside the arena after 17:00. You may use whatever items you want (incl. combat pets/firewater/fireworks/etc) except ones that disrupt the peace and/or disturb the fights in the arena when the tournament is live. This means no grenades for example. Please refrain from excessive usage of rank 1 spells (like blizzard) as this just makes an annoying sound and isn't pleasant for anyone. Do not kill the opposing faction. GMs will be there to keep the peace and I wouldn't test their patience as you'll most likely be teleported somewhere instantly. Please do not spam the chat too much as I will have to be yelling when to start the duels.

edit1: slight format change for no-shows
edit2: added time between rounds for spec changes
edit3: balance changes to start of duel
edit4: added death ray to banned items (far too much burst)
edit5: DATE HAS CHANGED due to lack of signups (cmon boys) and added rule for beginning of duels
edit6: first sponsor added!
edit7: disallowed mirror matches unless absolutely necessary
edit8: time changed from 1400 to 1700 to accommodate for large interest in tournament from people in the US timezones (no one wants to play right after their morning wank)
edit9: Sufix sponsoring with 50g!
edit10: Quasist 655g sponsor holy moly / thistle tea banned
edit11: Kronos team being hella nice and throwing some stars our way <3
edit12: added rules for warrvswarr & rvr
edit13: banned flash bomb
edit14: prize pool substantial enough that it warrants prizes for top 3. get signing up
edit15: added spectator rules
edit16: UPDATED rules for rogue vs. rogue and warrior vs. warrior. if you are one of these classes, please make sure to read over the updated rules.
edit17: added stealth rule
edit18: BRACKET POSTED along with something i made in paint ))) (also added stream link). SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Last edited:
I likely won't attend but I wish you all the best on your tournament event ! Huzzah!

(side note : You say players can use mounts, any word on players that only have 60% vs 100%?)
Priests with mind-control could help prevent other players from causing a mess. 90% of the gold price to the first, what about the 10% that's left?

Seohyun

Kronos needs more of this. Maybe 3v3 tournaments in the future?

3v3 tournaments definitely a possibility, would like to run some - depends on the success of this.

No bo3... sure
Allow grens... sure

Let me know how it went, cheers

while i agree that bo3s are a lot healthier especially given they allow a meta shift & adapting, it'd take too long to wait for people's cooldowns

I likely won't attend but I wish you all the best on your tournament event ! Huzzah!

(side note : You say players can use mounts, any word on players that only have 60% vs 100%?)
Priests with mind-control could help prevent other players from causing a mess.

thanks

rules wont be changed to accommodate for people with peasant mounts - that's on the player to farm them, would be the same as regulating tier gear for people who haven't yet spent months in raids

How will this tournament work if a horde shaman has to duel a horde caster? For example, grounding totem is not functional in a duel. Or how will this work with a priest duel against their own faction as dispel is messed up in duels?

Other than that i am interested in participating. I have yet to decide on who i will enter with. Good initiative
:biggrin:

How will this tournament work if a horde shaman has to duel a horde caster? For example, grounding totem is not functional in a duel. Or how will this work with a priest duel against their own faction as dispel is messed up in duels?

Other than that i am interested in participating. I have yet to decide on who i will enter with. Good initiative
:biggrin:

i don't follow.. these things don't work even in /duel?

they do not work exclusively in /duel against the same faction. this problem can be solved by fighting in arena tho

sup with skull of impdoom?
SAPPER CHARGE? ;d
and net trinket, deathray?
sorry if questions are retarded cos i see Any and all abilities and items with cooldowns that exceed 10 minutes
but still

Last edited:
sup with skull of impdoom?
SAPPER CHARGE? ;d
and net trinket, deathray?
sorry if questions are retarded cos i see Any and all abilities and items with cooldowns that exceed 10 minutes
but still

none of those items exceed 10 minute cds, so they're guccizzle

Sapper charge puts your nades on a 5min cooldown afaik, so your loss.
Large Rope Net is banned so I would assume net-o-matic is the same.

Large Rope Net is banned so I would assume net-o-matic is the same.

engi net's allowed

Lame rules. Ban everything that is fun.

some classes auto-win with some of the items on that list, lack of counterplay, etc

Bo1 is shit.. Bo3 all the way!

assuming 24 players compete - 20 total matches that are bo1; if every match goes to 3 games, we're looking @ 30 minutes minimum wait time between matches

also wanna ask about an item which not rly making worthy effect
its invis trink
would make fites more interesting, isnt? ;p
yes cd 60 mins
but mebe

Are there any rules about the start of the duel? I imagine everyone will be tryharding and if any warri takes part in this he will be denied charge in every duel, which means autoloss vs alot of things.

Are there any rules about the start of the duel? I imagine everyone will be tryharding and if any warri takes part in this he will be denied charge in every duel, which means autoloss vs alot of things.

updated rules

So many rules of this "tournament" are so wrong.

no one's forcing you to play my friend but seeing as this is the second time you've come in here throwing bags of shit;

you're free to run your own tournament, complete with obnoxious items that break and make some matchups absolutely unplayable, as well as rules that facilitate unwinnable duels as this event is honestly for people that have a clue how the game works and is in the best interests of balanced matchups (or as near as we can get considering vanilla is already unbalanced, no need to make it worse just because a few people need 15 min cd items to win)

i really don't want to have to waste time arguing with you so if you're gonna respond, bare in mind that nothing you say will make the rules change and i'd rather this thread be kept for info/signups

Last edited:
I definetly wouldnt allow death ray. I used to do the "cheap, gouge -> death ray into CB evis" on my rogue, which is 3k minimum even to plate, usually more. 0 counterplay except mage iceblock

- If you are versing a warrior, you must let them charge you when the duel begins. No AoEing out rogues until they open at the start of the fight (exceptions being in warrior vs rogue where the warrior must let the rogue begin the duel with an ability in stealth). If rng plays a factor, the duel will not be restarted.

Love this, count me in.

Top Bottom