• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Warlock PvP Specs

Spazztastic

Authorized
Just a quick post to help someone out

Feel free to add opinions, suggestions, and tweaks/playstyles

SM/Ruin with 3pc T1:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...305122011350000000000000000005052005102000100

note: can swap fel concentration for imp agony / suppression / whatever
Grim reach great against rogues, warriors, everything pretty much.

Nightfall / Conflag:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...430122000000000000000000000005052005102005151

note: can swap out aftermath for imp searing pain, and imp drain life to wherever

Full Destro:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...000000000000205000000000000005052005102505151

note: points in aftermath are optional

(roughly based off of lharts spec, broken link now)

Soul Link:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...000000000000205031015250105105050002100000000

note: can swap out devastation with anything of your preference, keep shadowburn though

Last edited:
I want to create this absolute disgusting cancer piece of sh!t which is more about control than anything else. Soul Link or CoEx?

Edit: on retail I played mostly SM/Ruin but I think that's not gonna cut it in Kronos. Have to specialize more to get the same results since players got better. If it wasn't for Demonic Embrace being not included in SM/Ruin, I would probably roll that again.

Last edited:
SM/Ruin CoEx is the best control you're gonna get as a warlock.

Drakedog migh tbe a close second, 1v1 or 1v2. Not BG's for sure.

Soul Link gets credit for being able to stay alive long enough to contribute something

I prefer burst specs, nuke a healer down or create mad pressure on one or two, sometimes three targets while

Crutch on Fear

Edit - I didn't enjoy soul link on kronos, purged and slammed, and gimp damage. maybe not enough geerz

Last edited:
With the gear readily available to me, I have 4500 hp, 4800 mana, 281 spell damage, +80 shadowdamage(361), +4% spellcrit (including Spell Stone), +1% spell hit. That's 5/8 T2 and 2/5 ZG. 9.8% spellcrit. That's with no talents.

Do you think that's enough?

You got 5/8 T2 and ask if its enough?
Ahm, yeah. I guess you're good.

Your Hit is kinda gimped, getting resisted usually results in your death

also grab Rune of Perfection

pre cos your banishes, atm its bugged though cant put it on tail of cast

You have good stam, if you can slip a health stone/pot in a rogue stunlock, and possibly survive to coil, fear, dot/coex you'll be ok

warriors will still rape you if you dont have pet stay bound

@Lharts Many alliance warlocks have better gear and don't bother to pvp, that's my rationale for asking that question.

@Spazztastic I'll make sure to create a few macros before I join wsg. I figured 20 spell penetration from Rodrigo would be enough, but I'll get the rune asap. Thanks for the advice!

Off the top of my head I think rodrigo's is 10, optimally you would use both of those spell pen items though yeah

dunno if you're alliance on your lock, buf if so, try to break wotf early. Most UD dont pop it when it's clutch, they just kinda insta pop it whenever a fear hits

for any other race w/ trinket, double casting fear can be pretty hilarious

Odrcyyq.png

pic taken from nost forum

Sums it up pretty nicely.
Having experience on both sides I can assure you that playing against Cleanse spamming paladins is alot worse then having to deal with wotf and shamans.
Gnome locks with escape artist are so insanely good.
Humans detect MoD rogues from 20y away.

idk, once you hit over 4k life and arround 200-300 sp lock plays very nicely. Your stats are way more then enought to properly PvP with. SL help, but is not necessary.

Like Spazz already said, get both items. Rune and AV ring are the best PvP slots you can get. -20 resistance is equal to 5% additional hit for binary spells such as Curses, Corruption or fear. Bonus points for having a Sageblade.
Just check how much +shadow resi T2 has, add the +10 UD racial and you know how useful these items are. Even more so as horde when you need to deal with paladin auras.

Priest buff and aura alone give a 15% chance to resist fears. Both classes also have talents to reduce the success rate of fear by 10 or 15%. Pretty cool getting arround 30% of your fears resisted by default.

Last edited:
@Spazztastic Okay, will do! I didn't know ud were so lavish with this awesome cd! Usually whenever I use warr fear they use it for obvious reasons, but it's cooldown is short so they always have it up. Thanks for the advice!

@Lharts Got it. I'll get and use the Rune and PvP trinket at all times then. I find that comic to be really funny, thanks for sharing it!^^

Isn't Soul Link supposed to not be a magic effect on the warlock but only on the pet? iirc it was physical buff for the latter half of classic wow. I want to see people trying to disspell SL off my 310 resist Felhunter.

Well then somebody needs to report that on the bugtracker, I'm too lazy for that, and going into Soul Link as Alliance is worthless as long as it is a magic buff on the Warlock. I don't mind priests having to target the Felhunter and dispell it to get rid of Soul Link, that's how it's been in vanilla.

Huh? What you mean report it?
I just agree to what you said. It is a magic buff on the pet, but not on the players. You always need to target the pet to remove it. Shamans might not be able to purge it since your felhunter has 310 resistance and Purge is a Nature spell. Priests on the other hand remove it fairly easily with Dispel Magic since this is a holy school spell.

I just confirmed on the PTR that the 'Soul Link' is a magic buff on the casting Warlock. Do you mean shamans/priests can not remove it by casting their purge spell on the warlock?

Priests and Shamans can remove it by dispelling/purging the pet, not you.
Throwing your pet all your trash buffs may help.
Also, an enemy lock will instantly banish your pet anyway.

Try it out. You can't remove it from the warlock.

Thank you, this is the information I was looking for!

Priests and Shamans can remove it by dispelling/purging the pet, not you.
Throwing your pet all your trash buffs may help.
Also, an enemy lock will instantly banish your pet anyway.

Yes, good luck banishing a 310 base SR Felhunter. 5pT2 is not hard to get, seeing as Helm, Chest, Bracers, Legs and Boots are garbage for PvE. But maybe I'm just talking out of my ass since I haven't tried SL even once with my lock.

Thanks for all the support!

you're probably going to get dispel spammed and zerged down anyway
You mean, like every warlock will if he gets caught in a zerg? I see this as a much bigger threat if you are not SL.

Think I will try SL too in a few days. Just for the lulz.

yeah exactly that

I'd rather take a quick death and respawn sooner, though there are those times when staying alive those few extra seconds matter.

I just cant stand the gimp damage output, dancing around in mid or whatever usually leads to the enemy getting backup

Hello, wanted to share my personal favorite.

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...031120000000003000000000000005050005122025121

PVPed with nightfall/conflagrate for long time before I realized that one(my preference) shouldnt really rely on nightfall at all. Having grim reach 2/2 is key talent for many situations, because you can curse warriors before they are in charge range + fear, skillcoil range etc.

With this spec you will also have some of that extra stm for survivability.
Downside could be that u wont have any slowing effect, but aftermath is very unreliable anyways and with most coex -specs u wont have as good and controlled burst I think.

Edit. Yes I guess you can put points from pyroclasm to aftermath or imp searing pain, but I think hellfire with 26% chance to stun every sec, even if its gambling is very nice for peeling or when you ran out of other options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom