• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Over the recent weeks, the Kronos team and Azeroth have had a growing chill down our collective spines. The landscape of Azeroth is about to change, never to be the same again!

[video=youtube;vCqmYPFbAGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqmYPFbAGQ[/video]

The Dragons of Nightmare

The Dragons of Nightmare are fast approaching!
Warped by some uncontrollable dark energy that has plagued the emerald dream, four dragons are emerging into Azeroth from the great trees. These dragons are a threat to Azeroth, and must be stopped before they spread madness, terror, and death to all inhabitants of our world.
The first of these dragons shall arrive on a day “loved” by some, and despised by others. On this day, those we love may be lost as the carnage between the factions of Azeroth runs rampant. It will forever be remembered as the Valentines Day Massacre!
Every 14 days from the emergence of the first dragon, another shall follow until all four dragons
of nightmare have been unleashed.

The War Effort

Azeroth faces a war from many fronts. The Silithid Invasion was the mere beginning of a far greater insecticide menace, and this must be stopped! The long forgotten city stronghold of Ahn’Qiraj seems to be the focal point of this threat, but it will take the strength of both factions working together in order to breach the enchanted Scarab wall and open the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj.
Generals on both sides are currently devising plans on how to handle these threats, but there is a significant lack of resources to get it done. Azeroth needs each and every one of its heroes, now more than ever! Starting one week after the arrival of the first nightmare dragon, all of Azeroth will be asked to help gather as many resources as they can muster in a War Effort to help open up the gates of Ahn’Qiraj.
But with so much bloodshed and hatred between the factions, will it even be possible for them to put aside their differences and work together for the common good? Are there enough heroes to help curb the dragon threat and help demolish the insect menace?
With the Dragons of Nightmare and the War Effort upon us, Azeroth needs every man, woman, (and maybe even a few strong gnomes) to help defend our world from peril. The time for action is now!

Experience Boost

Missed the hype-train and haven’t had the chance to experience the sheer epic-ness of Kronos? To celebrate the release of coming events, starting on February 19th Kronos will have an optional 1-7x exp boost that will run until March 28th. This is your chance to become part of the Kronos experience.

Battleground Reputation Boost

PvP is very important to the Kronos Team, and to many members of our community. As such, to enhance battleground participation we’re making the following changes to bolster the bloodshed. Note: these changes will be revised by our team at a later date after we have monitored and evaluated the results.

Warsong Gulch
Warsong flag reputation rewards will be increased by x2.
Mark reputation will remain as is.

Arathi Basin
Tick reputation gain will be increased by x4.
Mark reputation will remain as is.
We’re through the looking glass; Azeroth has never been such a dangerous place! Only the smart, the brave, and the heroic shall survive the peril. Will you be among them? Or will you be a casualty? Time will tell…

Last edited:
HELLO!

to anyone new to this server, our main tank, TERD will be issuing leveling greens and mount gold. if you are leveling between now and march 28th, just whisper him and tell him I (silhouette) sent you.

GL HF!

x7 leveling rates even for a limited one month time is going to seriously affect the server for those playing the game in recapturing a pure experience. I'm assuming that this decision was made with that in mind, and that the desire for a larger player base won out over the negative consequences of the situation.

For myself I haven't quite settled on how I feel about it, but once done it will leave others to brand Kronos as a Funserver and move on.

Edit - toss out the change to Warlock Summon. Competitive guilds will take advantage of the month long x7 exp rate and make that entire situation moot. Lock Summons for everyone!

This month long event will have numerous negative effects for the server. Calling this out now.
I'll try to remain patient but I'm not convinced this issue was given sufficient consideration.

Last edited:
x7 leveling rates even for a limited one month time is going to seriously affect the server for those playing the game in recapturing a pure experience. I'm assuming that this decision was made with that in mind, and that the desire for a larger player base won out over the negative consequences of the situation.
For myself I haven't quite settled on how I feel about it, but once done it will leave others to brand Kronos as a Funserver and move on.

They did xp boosts on live.

Once the XP-rate change goes live, please change the server message that you see once you log in:

- Period of the XP-boost
- Instructions on how to change between 1x to 7x XP-rate
- Message that there is a World-chat

This will prevent alot of forum threads...

The XP boost is the biggest news of this update obviously. And a very good decision in my oppinion.
I see the argument that "i levelled without the boost, so why should others get it?"

But i think the players kronos are trying to reach with this feature are players who already have done the 1x XP levelling to 60, on a server like nostalrius, and who are too demoralized by the thought of doing it again despite being utterly pissed at what that server has become.

The feenix vanilla server turned into a burning crusade server overnight, with all the vanilla players seeing their characters going from naxx-geared to levelling-geared without warning. Obviously a big chunk from there want a new home, and this 1 month offer will cause a big flow of players im sure.

What is key here is that this boost is a one-time event for the server. It is 1 month only. Calm down.

As a team, we understand that not all decisions we make for the sake of the server are going to have 100% approval from the community. As a team, we look at every aspect of the server and the concerns both we as a team share and those of the community. We weigh and evaluate all the pros and cons in great detail of every change (or potential change) we discuss. It’s impossible to make a change that every member of the community will agree with, so we do what we feel is in the best interest of the health of Kronos.

One of the most common themes from members outside of the Kronos community is the ideology that the Kronos population is so low compared to other projects that nothing can be accomplished. We wanted to provide players who “missed the boat” on our hype train a second chance to come experience the quality of Kronos and the greatness that is the Kronos community.

We completely understand that there is a portion of the player base that is strongly for the realism of 1x xp. We understand to a certain degree that providing an optional xp rate change for a limited of time to players takes away from this realism. To this section of our community who may not agree with this decision we hope that you can look beyond the realms of realism towards the greater goals that will benefit you both short term and long term. These bonuses including the ability to bring your friends to the game and get them up to a point where they can play with you (or you play/level with them), the ability to help bring more people to the Kronos community who have had interest but have not yet made the choice to check us out, the increase in both PvE and PvP activity just to name a few. There really is no downside to bringing more folks to the community.

We hope you understand why the decision was made, especially right now being the perfect time for new players to come experience all that our great community has to offer. Having more players to enjoy the community you have come to love and enjoy is a win-win-win!

All around excellent news. Bring on the Dragons, my Black Qiraji Battle Tank, and the influx of Nos scum for me to farm. +1 Kronos Dev.
No OnE cAn StOp TiMeCoP!!

The 7x rates will be enough for me to finally get around to leveling my Shaman. :smile:

ZELk7bI.png

Couldn't resist :p

Attachments

• dessin_progression_annexe_113b.jpg
    dessin_progression_annexe_113b.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the 7x event; I'm moreso apprehensive about the length of it and hope it won't interfere with the vanilla "experience" where we have more 60's than people getting to 60 in the span of a month - Personally, I think two weeks *at max* would be best for this event. On the flipside, I think it will give people who are maybe coming from another server or the curious a chance to "catch up" on Kronos. With the AQ event coming, the Dragons being released, and this event, though, I think this will bode rather well for overall server health in the end.

Last edited:
Experience Boost

Missed the hype-train and haven’t had the chance to experience the sheer epic-ness of Kronos? To celebrate the release of coming events, starting on February 19th Kronos will have an optional 1-7x exp boost that will run until March 28th. This is your chance to become part of the Kronos experience.
No.
Just no.

This is totally ridiculous.
Not only it's completely breaking the Blizzlike feeling, but it's also completely over-the-top.
x2, perhaps even x3, maybe. Grinding teeth, but maybe.
x7 ? That's just stupid.

Last edited:
No.
Just no.

Not only it's completely breaking the Blizzlike feeling, but it's also completely over-the-top.
x7 ? That's just stupid.
Blizzlike feeling? ded server where you cant do any dungeons or elite quests from 20-55 is not blizzlike...

Well there goes the blizzlike aspect of kronos. 7x is going to mess this up. Goes against the spirit of vanilla especially when there are 7x fun servers out there.

This is basically an all-in decision. Either this will get bunch of new people on the server, or it wont in which case only HC players will get fked over by ppl skipping weeks of work they had to do. But they will also fk over rest of server pop by making their current advantages even bigger.

Im not sure about the data but from my experience there are constantly players in starting locations with new chars.

But to be honest if you wanna steal some pop from that other server, this is probably the only solution. As bad as it might be there if ppl have guilds, friends and equipped 60s there, why would they leave all that time invested behind just to do blizzlike leveling even on better server from the scratch? People can get used to everything and once you get used you dont like change, thats how it is.

This action might give them the impulse to at least "give it a try" cause it wont be as painful to get char and maybe chceck the end game pretty fast or even how leveling/community/dungeons is. All this needs is couple of hundreds of ppl coming and starting new chars, suddenly the ask for elite quests/dungeons/profs etc. will skyrocket and soon new 60s will start to spam dungeons and after that raids + bgs ofc. Then it might create some chance that bigger groups of people will decide to migrate to better content.

Kronos team should be then very much ready for potential influx of new players. Lags and server crashes wont help for sure.

But this counts for community too. I know many people are more than willing to help others and I myself have no problem to help but if the influx really comes, the world chat will explode, forum will too so we all should be ready to give solid impression and helpful hand. So enough afking in OG, lets do something for community.

No.
Just no.

x7 ? That's just stupid.

Well, its an option and its not perm. So its an awesome idea to have it tempo like they are gonna have.

7x might've overdid a bit but, at least this shows Staff is ready to make decisions for a bigger and more stable population. As for "ded servur" thing, i could find groups for dungeons within an hour of searching when i leveled alts. Kronos was not dead, you always lose players but you have to get new players that start out to balance it and grow steadily. Kronos population had slowed down lately and more and more people were becoming raidloggers/uninterested casuals. %60 of my friendlist didnt log in past 2 months, many of them were members of successful guilds that cleared all content. I dont know about horde side but we had 2-3 more raiding guilds that filled at least 30 ppl into a raid.

I know that there are hundreds of people, who used to play in Warsong/Penix or other servers but had to move 1x server coz of no other alternative, If we can advertise this and show them the superiority of Kronos, they would definitely come over instead of playing with 3 second latency.

Yes i prefer Blizzlike leveling myself, but a person who plays 6 hours a day and joins Battlegrounds is better than those who play 3 hours a week as if doing a chore.

Top Bottom