• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos' Compendium of Dragonslaying

But you didn't hear? Trillions of people are going to come here because of that!!

Are most of the people that are crying about a TEMPORARY, LIMITED TIME and OPT IN experience boost actually players on this server? I am genuinely interested.

High all, :)~~

Just wanna put a few thoughts in here.... ~'~
(((...and I didn't read all of the posts b4 this, so it might already have been mentioned...)))

~> and I'm NOT a super experienced player or anything, actually never leveled to 60, yet ((~about lvl50 on Feenix and Nost)),

....but I did level a rogue on the feenix +xp realm (dunno if it was 7x or 15x), but it was a real pita !_!
//\\ you have no gold, and no gear ! ..it was no fun at all... //\\
~at some point u are struggling even with green quests, or have to do grey ones(which u can't see anymorê̂), or farm grey mobs to get any gold at all, so u can afford new spells in order to go for green mobs... ~leveling professions like leatherworking, blacksmithing or tailoring is also quite obsolete because you level too fast to keep up with mats, +those spells also cost gold....

~ What I'm saying is that leveling at 1x rates is a much better experience ((maybe execpt you'd raise gold+profession rates, too..)) ~

~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~

Another thought is that u might not attract as many new players as u think you would...
((....and maybe not the casual ones who log in to chill out and have a good time, BUT rather a ton of trolls who wouldn't go through 'the pain' of 1x leveling otherwise..))

And another thought:
"80% of the chars that are going to be leveled in that month are gonna be alts from people who already have a lvl60"

((~>cuz they have gold, gear, and help if needed with a lvl60 on alt-tab..))

//////\\\\\\
\\\\\\//////

All in all it feels like you are taking a huge risk of ruining the ~¥ F e e l i n g ¥~ of being on the server...

\\\\////
////\\\\

~~ ' ~~
But what to do? -well, I had one thought there, too.. :p

Nost has 'the problem' of having too many players.
Kronos has 'the problem' of having too few players.

Well.. ~there has always been some kind of 'hostility' in these two projects (at least in some parts of the playerbase, i dunno about the devs..), but a solution could also be to "offer char transfers" from nost to kronos for one month.
(~i can already hear the outcry about that, BUT: ~)
- you would not take the risk of ruining anything by having 7x rates
- the chars being transferred have also leveled at 1x rates (and it wasn't easier on Nost cuz u had dungeon groups or anything, -u had wpvp, wait for quest-mobs, items etc.)
- you'd instantly have 'equipped' lvl60's, and maybe some lower level chars as well. Maybe whole guilds might change over...
(- it could have a nice story around it, like "the dragons are going to attack Azeroth, and a 'bridge' was built to summon reinforcements)

//\\

~ well, the biggest point in this seems to be some kind of cooperation between those two realms. ((i mean tho outcry on nost for a 2nd pvp server is just ridiculous seeing kronos in want of more players..))
~ there would also have a lot of details to be worked out, like having a maximum amount of transfers (1000 for example), what can be taken over, and what can't ((limit gold to 100, items to one bag only/none at all (to avoid chars coming with tons of black-lotus or anything), reset their pvp-rank? (they can keep their equipment, though), etc. :p
~ if Nost would not want to cooperate, it might still be done....~>main thing would be to make sure players delete their transferred chars on nost.

~~ . ~~

Well, it was (just) a thought anyway, ...and especially if done in cooperation feels a lot better than going the x7 way.. <3
(((I also don't mind the 7x thingy, it might turn out well. ~~started a bunch of chars a week ago, heard about this, and gonna wait now till the end of the month.. (i like playing multiple accounts, and the 7x xp comes in handy there, +I won't need that much gear with a healer in my back :p)))

So, ...looking forward to join ya'll there <3

~¥~

Moonlove many good thoughts, but you can always choose a lower xp rate. I read it was anything you wanted between 1-7. I you feel there are areas you want to stay longer in and what not.
I'm new here and i came here because i know i soon will get the boost if i want it, to take me through the painful stages i already done so so many times before.
Cheers all.

otherwise some players as me are leveling their first char to level 40 and will wait until the 7xp come out !

Higher rates are beneficial both for new players or players that already have characters on different realms while transfers mostly only benefit players already have maxed out characters. Also imagine 500-1000 characters trying to transfer, you will need to do this manually as it isn't just capable to do it unless scripting a powerful tool(It would most likely take longer time than doing it manually). So if you have 2 guys doing 20 each day, it would take weeks to do it and most would just lose interest in that time.

Also if you have the optional XP rates you can choose the best to suit you. Some could manage going at 7x because they have played the game for so long that they basically know it inside out. While others only do 3-4 because otherwise they get more negative effects than positive.

Looks like people are making accounts just to troll this thread. Good times. :yawn:

If it was a permanent thing I'd def have a problem with it, but one month I can deal with.
Looking forward to hitting lvl 60 this month!

Always fun to see that a topic like this brings forth people that you've never seen before and probably never will.

I thought it could add something if one of the new guys added their thoughts on the matter since we are the ones you try to get here right? Or maybe i wasn't one of the persons you were thinking of @Lharts and @Abyxsal?

..... why 2x wouldn't have worked and why 2x-7x wouldn't have an effect on 1x hardliners in one of my earlier posts.

Seen the post, plz do not write it down here as a fact.. it is just an opinion..
As this is the opinion of the people who run the server, people have to except&respect it of course.

But if the plan is to just get more people for raiding etc, just give away lvl60 accounts for free...

But if the plan is to just get more people for raiding etc, just give away lvl60 accounts for free...

This is bullshit, increasing the xp rate optionally for one month is perfectly fine as a way to attract new players. It's only one freakin month you know... and they would still have to farm, find their gear etc, no big deal. I'll still be xping on x1 though

Same for me as Wardruna, but I don't think this is game breaking... Your just trading level grind for gear and resource grinding. I already see a number of new players on and think this is gunna be real good for the server and life will go on after this month is over.

I think I will try to hit 20 before the xp change hits, regarding gold I think that using the AH right gives enough gold. Especially if you have a gathering profession.

We would like to thank the community as a whole for the overall understanding and mostly positive view on the limited time optional boost. So far we have already seen an influx of new players coming into the game, which is great. This means nothing but great things for our community, and we are both humbled and thrilled to see players stepping up in helping spread the word about Kronos, and doing things to help welcome these new players and helping them out. Based on the observations we've seen (and still being 9 days away from the optional xp boost), we're so far pretty confident that we haven't scratched the surface on the number of incoming players (but nothing ever is certain in life nor in games) that will be joining the Kronos community. The Kronos team wants to thank all of you and a continued thanks moving forward.

For the player base who remain upset regarding the limited time optional change, all we can do is hope that you will come to see an increase in the servers player base as a great thing whether you agree with the change or not. But just a friendly observation, it seems that there are quite a few of negative responses towards this limited time event that seem to share either the same, or similar IP addresses. I fear that it's likely that we need to work extra hard in those certain areas of the world where we seem to have strong representations in our community to win this player base over :wink:

Last edited:
We would like to thank the community as a whole for the overall understanding and mostly positive view on the limited time optional boost. So far we have already seen an influx of new players coming into the game, which is great. This means nothing but great things for our community, and we are both humbled and thrilled to see players stepping up in helping spread the word about Kronos, and doing things to help welcome these new players and helping them out. Based on the observations we've seen (and still being 9 days away from the optional xp boost), we're so far pretty confident that we haven't scratched the surface on the number of incoming players (but nothing ever is certain in life nor in games) that will be joining the Kronos community. The Kronos team wants to thank all of you and a continued thanks moving forward.

For the player base who remain upset regarding the limited time optional change, all we can do is hope that you will come to see an increase in the servers player base as a great thing whether you agree with the change or not. But just a friendly observation, it seems that there are quite a few of negative responses towards this limited time event that seem to share either the same, or similar IP addresses. I fear that it's likely that we need to work extra hard in those certain areas of the world where we seem to have strong representations in our community to win this player base over :wink:

I have definitely seen more than a few new players over the past week or so and having talked to some I was told by several that they heard about the +XP event and came over from Nost and others.
So it seems to be working!

Great news, for the ppl who feel this ruins their own experience, just stay away from the pc for that month and do something else :wink:

Once the XP-rate change goes live, please change the server message that you see once you log in:

- Period of the XP-boost
- Instructions on how to change between 1x to 7x XP-rate
- Message that there is a World-chat

This will prevent alot of forum threads...

don't forget this suggestions.

Yes there is.
It was downed by alliance. Allied forces of Horizon and Synced guilds. We made 2 raids, one to peel the Horde and one to kill the boss. It took us about 1.5 hour and 3 wipes.

For Synced I want to thank here Horizon for help. This wouldn't be possible without you.

I hope that someone recorded it and will post it here.

Log of the fight - https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?boss-kill=292251

Cool, thanks. I hope more people will roll horde in the upcoming event. The forces seem to be imbalanced.

Once the XP-rate change goes live, please change the server message that you see once you log in:

- Period of the XP-boost
- Instructions on how to change between 1x to 7x XP-rate
- Message that there is a World-chat

This will prevent alot of forum threads...

Also, the in-game message at level five says channel 4 is global for "fRaction", not faction.

i wasn't there but there people were talking about how well it was executed. there was also at least one person being rude on irc (again) which is funny considering the context of this server, stay classy i guess.

go kronos! :smile:

Top Bottom