• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Wanted : Bugreports, reward : gold

tekai

Authorized
My offer :

To stimulate the creation of bugreports, to help starting players get some money or mounts and to help make their creation more rewarding (regardless of their future) I have decided to offer 5 gold for each new bugreport created to any player that claims to have made one until my money pool goes dry.

Also, Dalloway will offer 50 gold or in-depth, well-sourced, video bug reports of broad issues (significant mechanics, Events, entire Quest-Chains, etc.) such as the ones linked in those examples [->]

Conditions :

The report must not be a duplicate of an already existing issue. Search well before you make a report or you might not be able to participate anymore.

The reporter must send me a private message on the Twinstar forums to claim their reward. They must be the one creating the bugreport.

If there are many bugs of the same nature (eg: creature doesn't move AND doesn't cast spells or all troll creatures don't drop cloth, boss doesn't cast spell X and Y) it must be a single report.

The report must follow the basic format suggested : 1) How it is currently working. 2) How it should work. 3) Sources from 2005-2006, with publication year specified and link. Example

*Dalloway* will sponsor Alliance players and Tekai will be the one for Horde players.

Tools :

The main bugreporter
Guide to create a bugreport
2005-2006 Google searches with useful keywords
Guide to find boss bugs and dungeon/raid/bosses video references
Good example of reports [A] https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7652 [C]
Screenshots and videos.
Quick tip to find Wowwiki evidence with the correct publication years.
Twinstar database (NPC, spells, items, professions, events, IDs, etc.)
World wide web and website archives
Old Wowwiki from 2005-2006 by using the page history

Further advices :

Keep it simple and practical, no walls of text.
Sources aren't of the same value, a single player comment is of less value than a patchnote.
If you provide a video for reference, specify at which point in the video stuff happens.
Sources from 2016 are of few use, things change a lot in 10 years, check the publication year.
Stay as objective as possible, what happened, what you saw, few speculations.
If many issues are related, making a list helps. See https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7716 for example
Be specific, if a creature should spawn, which one is it? If it should deal damage, how much?

Last edited:
I shall sponsor Alliance players according to tekai's rules.

Furthermore, for in-depth, well-sourced, video Bug Reports of broad issues (significant mechanics, Events, entire Quest-Chains, etc.) such as the ones I have linked below, you will be rewarded with 50 gold per report.

#VANILLA-3481 | #VANILLA-4878 | #VANILLA-3006 | #VANILLA-3651 | #VANILLA-3658

Welcome to Kronos.

EDIT
Your Bug Reports are to be sent to tekai for evaluation. I will trust his judgement and send the gold to whoever he asks me to.

Last edited:
All my due respect comes to you Dalloway, I am impressed by those reports o_O :D ! Detailed videos... my... If all players did that, I don't even- ^^

Thank you for the support for the Alliance!

This honestly is a nice incentive for not only players but devs, sometimes bugs have problems being recreated in a controlled environment so supposed duplicate entries may seem redundant but if one has access to logs and what processes got fired off at the time you can typically find a source of a bug a lot faster

Top Bottom