• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nost players and world chat

Makoto

When people say that a fraction or a server have more imature players i tend to ignore that for just being rumors and generalizations. But now when nostl players have come to the server and started writing in world chat i can see that it whas true. This morning (Eu time) i been seeing the most imature chat conversation in a long time. If you just put 10 minutes a day you could ban of alot of these people. We dont need there poisonous attitude here on the server. Like the whole guild nostalrius refugees can just ban straight over for example...

Hello friend. The world chat already had some toxic chatting episodes before the arrival of Nost. players, please take a look at this recent discussion. Once again, I will give my opinion about this:

I personally don't see the point of having this channel, so I never join it. I don't think it should be removed because apparently some people like it, but I suggest some alternatives for it:

• If you need a group: use /who, create a polite inviting message for your dungeon (e.g. "Greetings, are you interested in Deadmines?") and copy paste it to the people online in the level range.
  • If you want to sell: use the auction house and the trade channel in the main cities to advertise your sellings (I know only few people do this one but I think the server would be a better place if people used it).
  • If you have any doubts about the game/server: the local general chat should be enough.
  • If you want to recruit for your guild: general chat on the low level zones and general on main cities.

Hello friend. The world chat already had some toxic chatting episodes before the arrival of Nost. players, please take a look at this recent discussion. Once again, I will give my opinion about this:

I personally don't see the point of having this channel, so I never join it. I don't think it should be removed because apparently some people like it, but I suggest some alternatives for it:

• If you need a group: use /who, create a polite inviting message for your dungeon (e.g. "Greetings, are you interested in Deadmines?") and copy paste it to the people online in the level range.
  • If you want to sell: use the auction house and the trade channel in the main cities to advertise your sellings (I know only few people do this one but I think the server would be a better place if people used it).
  • If you have any doubts about the game/server: the local general chat should be enough.
  • If you want to recruit for your guild: general chat on the low level zones and general on main cities.

Well ofc its been bad people in chat before but now its more than ever. And i would ignore worldchat if people actualy used LFG-channel, trade-channel etc.

While I'm new as well I agree that general chat is disgusting. I opted into just removing it from sight as to not deal with it. I also would point out that the tension between this whole situation is extremely high that ruling out the possibility it could be your own kin laying claim to being one of these 'refugees' in hopes to create an ever further gap between the two communities. I can't apologize for everyone's behavior, but I can say sorry to Kronos for the sudden influx and had it been up to the nost community I am quite sure they would of been very happy to of stayed on Nost had they of been able to chose. While other server's seem to have open arms this one in particular has be rightfully defensive drawing unneeded attention to it due to the fact this is your home and the community as a whole does not need yet another world destroyed left searching for a new. Our best hope is that an answer to our dilemma gets handled very soon and that the nost community will be able to pick up where it left off.

While I'm new as well I agree that general chat is disgusting. I opted into just removing it from sight as to not deal with it. I also would point out that the tension between this whole situation is extremely high that ruling out the possibility it could be your own kin laying claim to being one of these 'refugees' in hopes to create an ever further gap between the two communities. I can't apologize for everyone's behavior, but I can say sorry to Kronos for the sudden influx and had it been up to the nost community I am quite sure they would of been very happy to of stayed on Nost had they of been able to chose. While other server's seem to have open arms this one in particular has be rightfully defensive drawing unneeded attention to it due to the fact this is your home and the community as a whole does not need yet another world destroyed left searching for a new. Our best hope is that an answer to our dilemma gets handled very soon and that the nost community will be able to pick up where it left off.

I agree that the hostility some people show towards nostl players are sad. I like that we got more people. For me around 1k-1.5 on each fraction all day a good amount on a server.
The problem is that its been alot of complaints from nostl players against server that people get irritated over. You came (not your fault) on our raiding day that fucked up alot for alot of guilds when they couldnet logg on etc.
I feel that people should open nostl players with open arms. And i feel nostl players (some) need to tone down there attitude also.

From what I've seen, the bad behaviour is coming from both sides. Personally I think it's childish and immature and hopefully it will settle down and the them and us attitude disappears. If people aren't willing to accept the new players and the new players aren't willing to try to fit in, things will never get any better. There are two sides to this and both are contributing in a negative fashion.

Calling someone else immature or uncool is inherently immature or uncool in itself.

You know this man.

The dude abides.

I remember killing someone in Ashenvale named Matoko

Human Female, died twice, utter dogshit at PvP

In any case use the in game mute function, only bother the GMs if they circumvent the mute to harass you.

c'mon people, thers always rotten eggs in dem baskets!
Dont cum here n think u have the best meat in the businezS!

Lets be honest here guys, there's more or less the same amount of immature kids on all servers. It only gets more obvious when a server becomes crowded.

The Issue is Even though we all play on the same server now no one is willing to accept that their server is worse, now why this is a argument in the first case is beyond me as there has never been a form of competition between the servers and they existed next to each other for over a year, the news that blizzard shut Nost down hurts the Nost playerbase as now they need to do all their hard work over so if kronos players were a little nicer to the players coming from Nost Kronos could once again become an amazing place. I know that i am inactive and no longer in a position of staff but it hurts me greatly to see a once great server falling over the littlest of things.

-Snowfox

I see it like a bad break up. All the nost players are quite salty over what happened and Kronos is like the "rebound" that catches all the flak. I believe that in time it will get better, the only worry I have is that the surge of players coming from nostalrius will put up a red flag for blizzard.

Lets be honest here guys, there's more or less the same amount of immature kids on all servers. It only gets more obvious when a server becomes crowded.

Good thing we just got 5k players and more to come then.

:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I see it like a bad break up. All the nost players are quite salty over what happened and Kronos is like the "rebound" that catches all the flak. I believe that in time it will get better, the only worry I have is that the surge of players coming from nostalrius will put up a red flag for blizzard.

Of course it will.

In a month or two, I'm certain that Kronos will more or less have absorbed the Nostalrius population sans a few thousand players going to other projects/quitting.

The fact that management has just showed these people an open door is a death sentence to server stability and longevity.

As a Nost refugee myself, I understand what they're going through. However, the attitude that many of them bring is disappointing. Spamming /yell about how great Nost was, and trolling "Anal [item link]" or linking legendaries in chat does nothing except annoy people and give us good refugees a bad rep.

I really hope people calm down and get over it. The Kronos community has been great so far, and I would hate for the handful of rotten apples to make us all look bad.

TY Kronos!

When people say that a fraction or a server have more imature players i tend to ignore that for just being rumors and generalizations. But now when nostl players have come to the server and started writing in world chat i can see that it whas true. This morning (Eu time) i been seeing the most imature chat conversation in a long time. If you just put 10 minutes a day you could ban of alot of these people. We dont need there poisonous attitude here on the server. Like the whole guild nostalrius refugees can just ban straight over for example...

In the meantime high-level veteran Kronos players are making sure the leveling experience for newcomers is as close as possible to AIDS. I don't think any of the servers has a claim to a mature playerbase.

In the meantime high-level veteran Kronos players are making sure the leveling experience for newcomers is as close as possible to AIDS. I don't think any of the servers has a claim to a mature playerbase.

They're making it Nost-like

well even i liked to troll alittle in world but i must say this went a bit to far for even me lol world cant even be used now because so much spam but made a simple sulution to this prob made a new world channel whitout nos peeps /join global up to now we just had kronos people in the channel and people who act decently so if your tierd of it then just shut off world and join global instead simple as that!

I'm getting some srs deja-vus over here. I don't want to get all political, but I'm bored so I'll just go ahead.

Nost Refugee Crisis

Kronosarians generally welcome refugees but are scared of:
Economy ripping.
Letting in Chinese gold farmers.
Server lag.
Overpopulation.
Etc.
Oh and back to topic; refugees come to our server and behave like shit (not all but some, making us stereotype them).

European Refugee Crisis

Citizens generally welcome refugees but are scared of:
Refugee impact on economy.
Letting in potential terrorists.
Refugee impact on culture.
Etc.
Oh and back to topic; refugees come into "my" country and behave like shit (not all but some, making us stereotype them).

They're making it Nost-like

It'd be nost-like if suddenly someone got banned for corpse camping a GM's alt :^)

But really though, the main problem I have with the rapefugees is they can't let go of their dead server, it seems less about the adventures they had there and more about the time they sunk in. To me it seems a lot of them are new to the whole private server scene and have no real clue about how volatile the lifespan of a PS can be.

In all honest concerning chat I'd suggest a 2nd world channel, name it something like "Global" and leave it unmoderated so people can just endlessly shitpost in there, don't make it so it auto connects you to the channel to remove whining.

I mean in theory the above SHOULD work, but shit never works the way it should off paper

I try my best.

If it was only the world chat beeing filled with verbal shit. The problem is that these players can disturb the whole server with their poisonous and immature behaviour, like e.g. in groups. Also one thing that was considered fun on nostalrius: killing a whole raid with all world buffs right at the next flight point next to a raid instance.

I am here since the end of the 7x event and the community seemed to be very nice. I do not want to have this destroyed by so.e cancerous racist immature nostardius people. Dear server admins, I beg you to do counter this development as hard as you can.

Top Bottom