• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Anywhere to see population ?

I think they nerfed census scanning. Haven't been able to get a full scan since earlier today. Might be just me though. Anyone else?

I think they nerfed census scanning. Haven't been able to get a full scan since earlier today. Might be just me though. Anyone else?
Yep, /who list is broken, you can search for anything but it's still showing only random 50 people.

Yeah, I get the same thing too. Also, I noticed that auctioneer database was wiped too. I did a scan yesterday and didn't appear to save it or something happened.

/who Command not working?

It seems like the /who command is bugged? Trying to /who Orgrimmar for example brings up random players throughout the world instead of only the people in Org. Also, it doesn't show the total people online.

Re: /who Command not working?

slingdinger said:
It seems like the /who command is bugged? Trying to /who Orgrimmar for example brings up random players throughout the world instead of only the people in Org. Also, it doesn't show the total people online.

kek its not bug , just server settings

Last edited:

Make sure you dont have Census running when you use /who

Starting to think they dont want the population to be known. Used to be in /who but got removed after the first few hours of the incoming refugees. Then the population count on the website got removed. And now the census addon doesnt work.

Starting to think they dont want the population to be known. Used to be in /who but got removed after the first few hours of the incoming refugees. Then the population count on the website got removed. And now the census addon doesnt work.

Yeah my census isn't working anymore either... I really want to continue monitoring the pop at different times and know how crowded this server will potentially be. Then decide if I want to keep playing here or not. (If I wanted to play on a clusterfuck 6k+ server I would have played on nost...)

You know, the simple command /who is query for all online players that server must search one-by-one. And with more players, it becomes more and more computationally demanding, causing server lags. So I'm not surprised it got disabled with more players. When your server barely handles this amount of people with somehow good latency, you simply don't want to have half of them mashing /who.

Anyway, do you realy need to know exact numbers? It's a lot of players, that's for sure, but I don't know if it's going to make an difference for you if you know it's 4860 instead of 6131.

Was about to write the same thing you were faster :)

What the hell are you talking about? Shift + click on name has ALWAYS worked and shows the player info etc.

Also you can run Census addon to see population.

My Census addon has stopped working yesterday and the /who search functions are now not working correctly for me. Can't search for players in areas, can't search for players in guilds, can't search for players of a certain class. Okay, apparently you want to hide population numbers.

I would like it to be official if it is the goal, because there are still ways to evaluate the population, give time and players will find them. Any function you leave can be used for that. Take the name search as an example.

The side effect is that it is now more difficult to search for teammates for dungeons. Previously it was possible to go with a /who c-war 15-20, for example. Now you can't. You can only use the level range. Which is limited by the 50 players displayed. So you might not see a lot of players.

Maybe this brings more players on the world channel, zone channels or on LFG channels. I don't know, but I would like the situation to be monitored.

This is just pathetic. Stop playing with numbers and start playing with people. There is lot of them. You already know there are about 4-5k people on Kronos. Personally I dont care if there is 1k less or more.

So why you care?

While blizzard hosted 1.12.1 you could not see total players either and true to that Kronos keeps this, i know from the time i assisted and tested for Nost that was during beta of Kronos that they added a function to add X value to total players online amount as a way to promote the server as more attracts more. the value was not flat but scaling depending on how many really where online. Quite smart as it is easy to do and no one would suspect it. It was due such sneaky methods i joined Kronos back then although i only play HotS atm.

note: Who and shift clicking players is a linked feature which back then if you just used /who would not work for awhile either due to a cooldown that was in place to save server resources. so the /who works as it did back then :)

I don't think it is intentional. I think that recent optimizations broke it. But if it is intentional, then it most likely is, as i have sayed above, to not "hide" population, but to reduce number of usages of /who command and resulting server load decrease.

You must realise that such queries increase server load exponentialy. If it takes 0,01% of server power to do query for 500 players, then it is 0.1% for 1000, 0,5% for 2000, 1% for 3000, 5% for 4000, etc.. I of course don't know exact numbers, but you must realise that /who is realy recource demanding with high population. And census addon is the worst one because it makes shit loads of queries in short amount of time.
Basicaly, if 1000 of 5000 players use census addon, then they take server resource that may handle another 1000 players efectively reducing number of possible online players without high latency.

I may be wrong, but i doubt it.

Hmm, when I used /who in SW (z-"Stormwind City" 57-63), i got all people in stormwind (23 players), but when i used it on higher range, it showed me random people. It realy seems that there is an bug atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hm... Upon changing characters I would do a /who z-shadowfang that worked, I tried again 20 seconds later and I got random results. Wierd indeed.

Yep, /who list is broken, you can search for anything but it's still showing only random 50 people.

In retail even now days if you go to /who you can see only 50 people list, no matter what you search. Now after the population got rised the devs seems to disable the effect to see how many was on each side via the /who tab channel, also by doing that seems that somehow end up broken or they totaly disable any command faction by purpose.

Guys... I can use shift- left click and use the /who function the way i want, everything works.
But it wont work when Census (Addon) is running. You have to stop the Addon (by clicking on "Stop") it, if you want to use those 2 functions!

I tested it myself, it doesnt work while running Census! You cant "Pause" it, to make those functions work, you have to "Stop" it.

Maybe there is actually an issue... Just try it, if you have Census it might run while you didnt notice. Maybe someone can confirm me that those chat functions doesnt work even tho the person doesnt have that Addon.

Guys... I can use shift- left click and use the /who function the way i want, everything works.
But it wont work when Census (Addon) is running. You have to stop the Addon (by clicking on "Stop") it, if you want to use those 2 functions!

I tested it myself, it doesnt work while running Census! You cant "Pause" it, to make those functions work, you have to "Stop" it.

Maybe there is actually an issue... Just try it, if you have Census it might run while you didnt notice. Maybe someone can confirm me that those chat functions doesnt work even tho the person doesnt have that Addon.

It just addon preventing you to see who when it runs since it runs those commands by it self, it might also bug if you keep trying to shift+Lclick to see who.

Top Bottom