• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The new chat restrictions

kalfis049

What's with these new chat restrictions? Now you need to be level 10 to talk in General/World chat? That is beyond ridiculous. This is an MMO right? Why are you making the game less social?

The "chat is too toxic" is not a valid excuse since you can just turn the channels off.

I hope this type of lazy enforcing ends here.

You can use anything but those right?... it's not gamebreaking at all. You can't even go into dungeons before that, so please keep calm

What's with these new chat restrictions? Now you need to be level 10 to talk in General/World chat? That is beyond ridiculous. This is an MMO right? Why are you making the game less social?

The "chat is too toxic" is not a valid excuse since you can just turn the channels off.

then how else would you propose one can better fight lvl 1 throwaway twinks that advertise goldselling and stupid trolls that nobody wants anyway?

It is a sad day for me (genuine lvl 1 celebrity) Now I can only nod when the good people of Iron Forge express their devotion to me.

Chinese gold farmer detected.

There's gonna be a few bankers running around the levelling areas I suspect - yes, I spelled it correctly :wink:

It takes on average maybe 3 hours to get to lvl 10. if you can't go without chatting or trolling for 3 hours in public channels (not say, yell, whisper) then we're sorry. However it's either this or have the potential for gold spammers in public channels every 15minutes by level 5

I was surprised at this limitation; why not implement an ignore feature vs limiting potential legit player communication?

It takes on average maybe 3 hours to get to lvl 10. if you can't go without chatting or trolling for 3 hours in public channels (not say, yell, whisper) then we're sorry. However it's either this or have the potential for gold spammers in public channels every 15minutes by level 5

Ive been getting level 1 gold sellers whispering me, any plans to up whispers?

I think it's wonderful. Less spam, even though I usually take part in shitting up world chat, this doesn't restrict socializing that much, level up mate.

You have no idea how it was on Nost. Having a minimum lvl restriction is a must have on that kind of server.

Even for whisper, it was also implemented to prevent goldseller whispers and harrassement. If you for exemple kick an ***** from a group and you /ignore him. Chances are if he is a very ***** person he will create a lvl 1 to harrass you. So putting a restriction lvl on whispers as well would be great too.

And don't even try, getting to level 10 is a matter of 1 hour at most. Very easy to do. So if you want to start talking to everybody and their mothers, get your toon to lvl 10 asap by questing and grinding in starting zone.

and you can always use /yell /say if you are feeling that lonely. Maybe someone will answer you back...

The issues we are having with Whispers that we didn't have with the global channels as much is that we want to provide people who are actually here to play some freedom in being able to speak to friends or for a alt to be able to get a guild invite to their guild by whisper requesting the invite, as Davros has said we have a few ideas being thrown around and we will see if anything comes of them but for now please continue to report Gold sellers through the ticket system in game :)

Maybe there is an Add-on people can use to specifically block out communication from certain level ranges with exeptions made by the player himself?
I have researched but couldnt find anything in that area, maybe you guys know some Add-on like this?
This would be a good temporary solution until the devs have figured out a good way to get rid of those goldsellers.

It fucking sucks, makes lvling with randoms a pain in the ass. In the starting zones especially. Really stupid tbh.

Top Bottom