• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Radio Silence Is Over

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Kronos

We’re almost a week into what has been a tough transition for some, both veterans and new heroes alike. We’d like to take a moment to welcome the new players to the community. Hopefully in time you will come to regard Kronos as your second home. With a migration of players choosing to make Kronos their new home, this has put both stress and frustration on both new players and veterans alike. The challenges haven’t stopped there however. Since Wednesday our team has worked 24hrs a day on the numerous challenges that we faced. These challenges included adapting to the sudden (and completely unexpected) increase in population by working on significant performance and stability improvements, dealing with a higher than normal GM ticket volume, and with any added population our team has noticed increases in both attempts at hacking and gold selling. Our team has had a lot to do in a very short amount of time which has led to a somewhat radio silence. As of this news article our team are finally starting to catch their breath, and likely seeing their loved ones for the first time in almost a week. So lets bring you all up to speed on some of the things our team has been facing, and more importantly how we’re going to be handling some of the key concerns the community (and we) have moving forward.

Read More

Last edited:
At first I was like...

Yay, no China!

But then I was like...

Oh, China.

:rolleyes2:

It's quite nice to see all the work you put under the table to ensure a quality server to all members of your community. I'm sure most of the work you do is already seen in game and will eventually lead to something better. May I suggest one thing about the server at this moment. I'd tend to say that there is no dynamic spawn at all. By this, there's not enough monsters for everyone to kill or even to team up to complete certain quests. The server don't seem to detect how much players is in a certain area to increase the spawn rate of mobs in the mentionned area. That would be a nice assest if there's a way to implement this feature. Good work, keep going like this!

Thanks for all the support and work over the past few days. I think I speak for all Nostalrius refugees when I say thank you for making us feel at home and start levelling.

Reasonable responce.
Legit Chinese guilds should keep very close track of who they let in or they risk losing access themselves.
A bit harsh but fair.
Keep up the good work.
Would be nice if we had draw distance back to reasonable.

@Chero

Could you please give us some information about how secure TwinStar servers are against Blizzard's actions? We know that Kronos is located on Sweden, but how safe is that exactly? I think many players have that concern as well and maybe it would be nice to give some words about that.

Thanks to the admins for their hard work.

There is one further improvement that needs to be made:

UNIFY ALLIANCE & HORDE AUCTION HOUSES.

Today I was trying to buy a runecloth bag (horde side) and there were only three for sale by a single individual, who of course sold greatly overpriced. The auctions from level 60 players are pitifully few. It is unacceptable that in a whole faction's AH there's only three runecloth bags for sale.

So please, unify auction houses asap to make more basic goods available to levelling players.

Today I was trying to buy a runecloth bag (horde side) and there were only three for sale by a single individual, who of course sold greatly overpriced. The auctions from level 60 players are pitifully few. It is unacceptable that in a whole faction's AH there's only three runecloth bags for sale.
Maybe it is because ongoing War Effort event?

hi chero & staff

lord knows we will always complain but i think you have been handling this all very well

keep it up

@Chero

Could you please give us some information about how secure TwinStar servers are against Blizzard's actions? We know that Kronos is located on Sweden, but how safe is that exactly? I think many players have that concern as well and maybe it would be nice to give some words about that.

First I wish to thank you Chero, and all the other developers, GMs, moderators, and everyone on the entire team. I think some players may not be truly grateful enough, considering this is a place built with the staff member's own free time and sweat, giving us an amazing playing experience for free. All the staff deserve the utmost respect and gratitude. Thank you!

I quoted the above part, because I also wished to ask about this. To be honest, this is the one and only issue I am truly concerned about. I know all of the other issues, such as preformance, stability, and ability to stop hackers/gold sellers will be sorted out in time, and I have faith all of the issues will be handled eventually. Blizzard itself is the one problem I fear, however, since they are the only real threat to the entire life of the server itself. If the threat from Blizzard can be stopped, all the other minor issues can be solved over time. I can volunteer to help with money if you need assistance with future relocation efforts.

@Chero

Same question on my mind.

Thank you Chero and team, very glad to hear this. My immediate concern is regarding the exploding server population. Is there any chance at opening a second server to split the population down some?

Thanks for awesome server Kronos.
Everyday I play here and I feel so good that administration and staff CARE about server perfomance, doesnt swinging banhammer like retarded, only after serious reports investigatements etc.
Everyday optimisations, announcements, plans, events are really amazing.
I was choosing kronos over nost cos of lower latency, less bugs, good progression and administration. I still enjoy everything, except lags situation. It became more laggy since nost fall for obvious reasons, game is changed in pvp as melee class (rogue). But I still glad that administration trying to fix it everytime and making more and more optimizations.
Thanks for professional bug fixing like removing lag after Preparation usage (not like "lol its ur clients we admins test it on ptr and see nothing ))))) closed )))")
Also thanks for supporting people who's trying to organize some server-wide events (if not staff help I think those 2 Perp tournaments could be just a deathmatch between 2 factions)
optimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizationsoptimizations
Long live Kronos!
I wanted to make some sugar message like this those days, wanted to make some thread about this, but oh well thats even better place. And ye, sorry for russian english mistakes if I had any

Last edited:
Hi there. New player here. I wanna abide by the rules etc. Do whats best for the server. I am from australia. I have always connected to nostalrius and other servers via a VPN to improve my latency. 350 with vpn, 500 approx without. If i am not allowed to do this on kronos i am fine to stop using my vpn. I dont fully understand if i am allowed to or not?

As a new player on the server I'd like to thank you for the time and effort you put into the server stabilisation. I was impressed and honestly surprised how well you handled this huge increase in the playerbase and all the other problems coming with it.
Hopefully all of us newcomers can merge into the community, and will be able to give some back.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks! I can't believe how stable the server has been so far since the "migration". Great work!

Ya'll have been handling this great. Mad respect, keep up the good work Chero & co.

Dear Kronos staff, would it be possible to return the population count to at least the site? Even if it updates once every 30min or an hour (just include timestamp under it)? That should not impact performance at all.

Top Bottom