• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin SotC skill/talent, is it worth using? What spec for PvP?

You keep saying you don't want to play here, yet you keep posting on this forum. Just quit already.

You keep saying you don't want to play here, yet you keep posting on this forum. Just quit already.

As you wish mr "Uncle Tom" check Wikipedia.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, video with a raid boss without a SoC resist indeed does not prove that SoC cannot be fully resisted ever.

Many people wish this was true. But we know you bring
guvnodest.gif

Ofc i will bring that because i see you logic. :) and that make me bring this :guvnodest:thanks to Vanguard .

Also no more comments about that Bug ....

It is Healthy to expose all those stuffs in public regardless of your believes or my bad moral or ban, the server is not just Bugged , it is Gamebreaking Bugged for Paladins and for you is so hard to Admit so you deny all "Evidences" including "Videos" and "ElitisJerks" Website from 2006..

Last edited:
Good, that is what i expected now .

Not just that you can't Admit that this server is Gamebreaking Bugged for Paladins by denying Videos,ElitistJerks and Wowwiki from 2006 but you tend to Ignore that too .

Good luck with that :laugh:, at least everyone will see that, so in one or another way this conversation will become like Boomerang and strike you again and not by me next time.

At least you have to say thank you for making Paladin Topic alive and not dead like before i come.

Last edited:
It is Healthy to expose all those stuffs in public regardless of your believes or my bad moral or ban, the server is not just Bugged , it is Gamebreaking Bugged for Paladins

You stated in the Feenix and Nostalrius forums that the class was broken there too. Why did you play there? And why are you playing here? I don't adress any issue in particular with this statement but you too have your way of ignoring arguments posted by other players. You act like you know everything and like your opinion is infallible. This makes discussing any issues with you incredibly tedious. You too can be wrong as everybody else here.
What annoys most is that you describe the class as being totally unplayable when this is absolutely not the case. There are issues sure, but that is just normal for a private server.

Maybe you should try another server instead. There might be one where the paladin probably comes closer to what you think it should be.

Last edited:
You stated in the Feenix and Nostalrius forums that the class was broken there too. Why did you play there? And why are you playing here? I don't adress any issue in particular with this statement but you too have your way of ignoring arguments posted by other players. You act like you know everything and like your opinion is infallible. This makes discussing any issues with you incredibly tedious. You too can be wrong as everybody else here.
What annoys most is that you describe the class as being totally unplayable when this is absolutely not the case. There are issues sure, but that is just normal for a private server.

You stated in the Feenix and Nostalrius forums that the class was broken there too. Why did you play there?

Because in Feenix Protection Paladin particular was not "Game Breaking" Bugged and Crowd Control targets was not Building Threats, they had bugs but not Game Breaking ones until they go with their shit hole GDKP and 2.0 Patch which made me Quit that server (not playing) .

Nostalrius was reasonable and it was fixing them, also been working to fix and their logic was not according to their "Believes" like Psojed does but facts and evidences "where Psojed" denied them via his "Believes" and "Kronos Database" posting #Logic .

And why are you playing here?

I am not playing here. Those are Vanguard Retards who created character with Killerduki name and keeping it.

I don't adress any issue in particular with this statement but you too have your way of ignoring arguments posted by other players

I did not ignore any argument at all , but you are lazy to read what i posted as answer regarding that argument.

You act like you know everything and like your opinion is infallible.

I can indeed make mistake , but i act like that because i fucking playing this game since 2005 in Retail and i know crystal clear how those stuffs was working 100% and are denied here .

This makes discussing any issues with you incredibly tedious.

That's because of "Believers" .

You too can be wrong as everybody else here.

Ofc i can and when i am wrong i admit that , unlike Psojed tend to "Ignore" them.

What annoys most is that you describe the class as being totally unplayable when this is absolutely not the case.

And how can you Tank if target is under Crowd Control and when you have to take it when it release?
And how can you DPS as Retribution if "Seal of Command" Full Resist..
And how can you build up Aggro if "Seal of the Crusade" reduce your DPS once you JoTC.
And how can you Full DPS if "Seal of the Crusade" reduce your DPS once you JoTC.
And how can you Tank if Seal of Righteousness is not scaling properly.
And how can you do DPS if Seal of Righteousness is not scaling properly.

There are issues sure, but that is just normal for a private server.
http://www.kronos-wow.com/about/
perfectly working class mechanics
Their Advertisement is that they are best scripted Project and they tend to say that they was better than Nostalrius which shows quite the opposite.

Those issues are not just issues , those are Game Breaking issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVz7Besqazo

Last edited:
I don't have to much knowledge about paladin mechanics aside from the obvious mechanics regarding weapon / defense skill, base miss, "base" dodge etc. I'm just going to ask a few general questions of interest:

1. Is there a resistance school for Holy damage? If not: has this any impact on a NPCs ability to fully resist that magic school?

2. For Seal of Command: What is the chance, in the current form, for a full/partial resist?

3. For Judgement of Command: What is the chance, in the current form, for a full/partial resist?

4. Can we have a complete summary of how Seal/Judgement of Command should work in terms of full/partial resists with actual data collection sources from 2004 to November 30 2006 IF the ability was changed somehow with the arrival of patch 2.0, otherwise sources up until the patch where it was possible changed?

Example for base miss (Olgas post):
http://web.archive.org/web/20090715...n_skill_adjustment_discussion/p20/#post469576

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Miss?oldid=347982

P.S. The most annoying part about the twinstar boards/bugtracker(s) is being automaticly logged out when writing a post : |

Nostalrius was reasonable and it was fixing them, also been working to fix and their logic was not according to their "Believes" like Psojed does but facts and evidences "where Psojed" denied them via his "Believes" and "Kronos Database" posting #Logic .

You too often failed to deliver evidence that can't be denied to support your claims. If you do, then I am sure your reports are getting confirmed. Nobody denies your claims solely because of their beliefs. If you think that way then it's just an issue with communication. Psojed is a very experienced player as well.

I did not ignore any argument at all , but you are lazy to read what i posted as answer regarding that argument.

I don't ignore anything. When I have said what I wanted to say and don't have to add anything to a follow up, I just don't feel the need to respond.

If you want to address what I posted in this thread in particular, I just meant that it is indeed possible that even with a 4.0 speed weapon you can get (just as an example) 4 melee hits without any SoC proc. Even though SoC should proc roughly with every second attack if you have a weapon with that speed, sometimes in reality it just does not happen. Or you get lucky and get 4 in a sequence. That's all I wanted to say regarding the seemingly randomness of the seal.

I didn't address resists because I don't know how it worked and therefore can't say anything about it.

I can indeed make mistake , but i act like that because i fucking playing this game since 2005 in Retail and i know crystal clear how those stuffs was working 100% and are denied here .

I do too play since 2005 as many other players here. This can also mean that some things can be cloudy because it has been a while since vanilla. For example your claim that 1H weapon spec should increase all damage dealt when using a 1H weapon is questionable (even though it seems that SoR is getting a boost). Especially after analyzing the tanking video you posted. But lets keep that in the proper thread.

That's because of "Believers" .
Ofc i can and when i am wrong i admit that , unlike Psojed tend to "Ignore" them.

Nobody ignores anything. Sometimes the evidence is ambiguous or not solid enough. This has nothing to do with just believing in something. You have a claim, then it's your obligation to proof it. Psojed is very reasonable and does indeed admit mistakes if they happen. Read through his posts here and you'll see that.

And how can you Tank if target is under Crowd Control and when you have to take it when it release?
And how can you DPS as Retribution if "Seal of Command" Full Resist..
And how can you build up Aggro if "Seal of the Crusade" reduce your DPS once you JoTC.
And how can you Full DPS if "Seal of the Crusade" reduce your DPS once you JoTC.
And how can you Tank if Seal of Righteousness is not scaling properly.
And how can you do DPS if Seal of Righteousness is not scaling properly.

It seems that you'll never find out, since you don't play here. I had no problem at all with tanking both as holy and protection paladin up to UBRS (I don't do any 20 or 40 man raids so I can't tell you anything about that). And there are some paladins getting pretty good numbers DPS wise.

That does not mean that those issues should not get addressed. They will be if there is evidence and enough information on how to fix them. Sometimes it's also the case that it is known that something is not working properly, but it is not known how it did work exactly back then. Maybe because formulas are missing or something.

http://www.kronos-wow.com/about/

Their Advertisement is that they are best scripted Project and they tend to say that they was better than Nostalrius which shows quite the opposite.

You can't just say that because of the state of a single class or spec. There is a lot of stuff in general that works better here than it did on Nostalrius. And some stuff worked better there. It seems you never played here so you obviously are not in the position to judge that.

Paladins are far from being broken. If you'd actually play, you'd see that. What you are doing is just making things look worse than they actually are to everybody who comes to the forum and asks about this class before rolling here. Without you even having played here.

Anyway, I hate to discuss stuff endlessly on the forums. I think I said all that I wanted to say about all of this. It's getting really tedious discussing all of that over and over.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Psojed
Yes, video with a raid boss without a SoC resist indeed does not prove that SoC cannot be fully resisted ever.

Psojed saying that Seal of Command should fully resist = stupidest thing ever that he has ever spouted.

If that were the case, then SoC would follow both melee and spell casting avoidance checks which is beyond retarded.

SoC can be blocked/dodged/parried as per normal melee attack table but only partially resisted against higher level targets as per level resistance rule.

- - - Updated - - -

bad server is bad

and

worse tester is worse

1. Is there a resistance school for Holy damage? If not: has this any impact on a NPCs ability to fully resist that magic school?

No, but you do get partial resists against higher level mobs. In raids I see 25% damage reduction on Seal and Judgement of Command occasionally. I have never seen a full resist of either.

I don't know the chance of it occuring.

Please stop giving them attention that they thrive on. Ignore all their posts and they will go away.

I'm spending time with my favourite uncle named Tom of course

Oh, and here you go:

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-realm-test/391.htm
Poster: Caydiem at 3/15/2005 3:16:09 PM PST
Subject: Re: Seal of Command destroyed. The Seal of Command change will no longer be in the upcoming patch.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/106719.htm
Poster: motive at 3/15/2005 3:36:38 PM PST
Subject: Re: Seal of Command change After considering the posts in this thread we have decided to back this change out of patch 1.3.0 completely and re-evaluate the math behind this before making any further changes.

= Seal of Command should be Dodged Parried and Blocked.

Last edited:
I don't have to much knowledge about paladin mechanics aside from the obvious mechanics regarding weapon / defense skill, base miss, "base" dodge etc. I'm just going to ask a few general questions of interest:

2. For Seal of Command: What is the chance, in the current form, for a full/partial resist?

3. For Judgement of Command: What is the chance, in the current form, for a full/partial resist?

4. Can we have a complete summary of how Seal/Judgement of Command should work in terms of full/partial resists with actual data collection sources from 2004 to November 30 2006 IF the ability was changed somehow with the arrival of patch 2.0, otherwise sources up until the patch where it was possible changed?

Example for base miss (Olgas post):
http://web.archive.org/web/20090715...n_skill_adjustment_discussion/p20/#post469576

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Miss?oldid=347982

P.S. The most annoying part about the twinstar boards/bugtracker(s) is being automaticly logged out when writing a post : |

1) Holy resistance is not shown in game, but it actually still exists in the game code. Since there is no way to boost holy resistance, it's highly unlikely that a monster will resist or fully resist your holy spells. The only cause is resist by level difference, which is the reason for our current discussion. When attacking L60 you probably won't see any resists, but when attacking a L62 or boss monster, the partial resists will appear.

2) It depends on the monster you're fighting. I read some wiki article that the client acts as if a lvl 63 (boss) monster automatically had 24 resistance to all spell schools for the purpose of resisting, so the chance to get fully resisted is only around 1-2%. My recent test with target dummies supports that.

3) Judgement of Command's resist chance is higher, because it follows spell hit rules. That means, in addition to the statement above for SoComm, JoComm's chance to get resisted is related to caster's spell hit. Vs. a L60 target, you have 4% chance that judgement gets resisted, vs boss it is 16% chance that judgement gets resisted. Note that this is only true with damaging judgements, JotC, JoW and JoL always land.

4) SoComm is a special magic attack that follows the rules of physical attacks and abilities. It follows melee crit and melee hit rules, so it can miss, be dodged, parried, blocked, it crits for 2x damage, but since the damage dealt is magical, it is also subject to resists.
JoComm is a magic spell. While it also follows melee crit and crits for 2x damage, it uses spell hit for miss calculations. Since spell miss is displayed as "resist" on vanilla, JoComm can only be a hit, crit, resist or partial resist.
I'd love to get my hands on some combat log data about paladins, but I couldn't find any.

Also I don't get logged out from forum or from bugtracker mid-post, cookies keep me logged in, sounds like an issue with your browser or security settings.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Psojed

Psojed saying that Seal of Command should fully resist = stupidest thing ever that he has ever spouted.

I'm only saying that the absence of a fully resisted spell is NOT evidence that spell is never fully resisted. Using your own words, TL;DR: The absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.

Paladin is not the only class having resists on their "physical" attacks, Hunters with Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting will experience them aswell. I also did a test before starting this lengthy discussion with you two, I was autoattacking a boss monster for 10 minutes straight. Out of 100 SoC hits, I had two full resists on Kronos. My SoC in that particular fight was 19% of total dmg dealt, and out of that 2% of attacks were a full resist. Much effect. Such wow. Must fix.

Everytime I enter the Paladin section it's like :

So-it-begins-the-great-shitstorm-of-our-time2.jpg

This is a bit sad, because Theloras has proven to be a very invested member in the Retribution Paladin cause (and has written amazing guides for them) in the Vanilla private server community. I'm sure Killerduki, despite his stubbornness only wants the good of the Paladin class.
Come on guys, can't you just love each other ? :no:

Sorry for my bad english.

As I found out yesterday, we've been shitstorming since 2013, tho on the other forum it was kept much more civil than here :biggrin:

I agree, he did write some nice guides with lots of information, I just wish he could accept a different opinion.

No, but you do get partial resists against higher level mobs. In raids I see 25% damage reduction on Seal and Judgement of Command occasionally. I have never seen a full resist of either.

I don't know the chance of it occuring.

What about pvp? I have gotten a full resist SoC on a higher level horde before? He was ten levels higher or more because I only saw skulls.

Thanks God he muted me so his claim remain legit.

Did anyone read careful what this guy just wrote?!

This guy is most Retarded Believer in the World.

1) Holy resistance is not shown in game, but it actually still exists in the game code. Since there is no way to boost holy resistance, it's highly unlikely that a monster will resist or fully resist your holy spells. The only cause is resist by level difference, which is the reason for our current discussion. When attacking L60 you probably won't see any resists, but when attacking a L62 or boss monster, the partial resists will appear.

2) It depends on the monster you're fighting. I read some wiki article that the client acts as if a lvl 63 (boss) monster automatically had 24 resistance to all spell schools for the purpose of resisting, so the chance to get fully resisted is only around 1-2%. My recent test with target dummies supports that.

3) Judgement of Command's resist chance is higher, because it follows spell hit rules. That means, in addition to the statement above for SoComm, JoComm's chance to get resisted is related to caster's spell hit. Vs. a L60 target, you have 4% chance that judgement gets resisted, vs boss it is 16% chance that judgement gets resisted. Note that this is only true with damaging judgements, JotC, JoW and JoL always land.

4) SoComm is a special magic attack that follows the rules of physical attacks and abilities. It follows melee crit and melee hit rules, so it can miss, be dodged, parried, blocked, it crits for 2x damage, but since the damage dealt is magical, it is also subject to resists.
JoComm is a magic spell. While it also follows melee crit and crits for 2x damage, it uses spell hit for miss calculations. Since spell miss is displayed as "resist" on vanilla, JoComm can only be a hit, crit, resist or partial resist.
I'd love to get my hands on some combat log data about paladins, but I couldn't find any.

Also I don't get logged out from forum or from bugtracker mid-post, cookies keep me logged in, sounds like an issue with your browser or security settings.

I'm only saying that the absence of a fully resisted spell is NOT evidence that spell is never fully resisted. Using your own words, TL;DR: The absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.

Paladin is not the only class having resists on their "physical" attacks, Hunters with Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting will experience them aswell. I also did a test before starting this lengthy discussion with you two, I was autoattacking a boss monster for 10 minutes straight. Out of 100 SoC hits, I had two full resists on Kronos. My SoC in that particular fight was 19% of total dmg dealt, and out of that 2% of attacks were a full resist. Much effect. Such wow. Must fix.

Let me begin step by step:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_0.9

Holy Resistance has been replaced with Arcane Resistance.

And then again he play with assumptions to claim his "believing nonsense" (only retards deny evidence and assume).

http://web.archive.org/web/20060718...ow-europe.com/en/info/basics/resistances.html
2005 ^

http://web.archive.org/web/20060719121457/http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/resistances.html
2006 ^

Resistance Score----------------50 -100 -150 -200-250
Chance to Resist Spell-----------0%-1%-1%-11%-25%
Chance to Resist 100% Damage--0%-1%-1%-11%-25%
Chance to Resist 75% Damage---2%-6%-18%-34%-55%
Chance to Resist 50% Damage---11%-24%-48%-40%-16%
Chance to Resist 25% Damage---33%-49%-26%-14%-3%
Chance to Take Full Damage-----54%-20%-7%-1%-1%

That was again another nonsense "believer" which says bullshit regarding Resistance score.

!!!!!!Now everyone read this careful!!!!!!
(Anyone that played Vanilla,TBC,WotLK will confirm that this was most retarded speech that's been ever said)

And Because both are in same subject differently retarded explained i will put them on same answer.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_table

Magic-damage melee auto-attacks

- The attacks of some monsters that do magic damage are actually treated as melee attacks, and use the standard melee auto-attack rules. For example, the melee attacks done by a fire elemental inflict fire damage, but they're resolved as an ordinary white-damage auto-attack—they can miss, be dodged, be parried, be blocked (as of Patch 3.0), and do double damage on a crit. The only difference between how a magic-damage melee auto-attack, and an ordinary physical damage melee auto-attack, is resolved is that if the target has any resistance to that school of magic, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

Magic-damage melee special attacks

- Some monsters also have melee "specials" (the equivalent of yellow-damage attacks done by players) that do magic damage. For example, the Crystal Strike ability of the Erratic Sentries on the Isle of Quel'Danas inflicts Arcane damage, but is resolved as an ordinary melee special attack—it can miss, be dodged, be parried, and be blocked, and does double damage on a crit. The only difference between how a magic-damage melee special attack, and an ordinary physical damage melee special attack, is resolved is that if the target has any resistance to that school of magic, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

- A few player abilities, such as a paladin's Seal of Command, are likewise resolved as yellow-damage melee attacks that deal non-physical damage. The odds of the various attack results occurring with one of these attacks are determined the same as for physical melee attacks—the base chances are determined by the player's Weapon Skill with the wielded weapon, the miss chance is reduced by the player's Hit Rating, the chance to be dodged and parried is reduced by the player's Expertise, and the chance to crit is increased by the player's Agility and Crit Rating.

Magic-damage ranged special attacks

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Judgment

Judgment is a paladin ranged ability,

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Seal_of_C ... did=327126

However like other physical attacks, Seal of Command can miss, or be dodged, parried, or blocked. Judgement of Command can only be resisted.

- The Arcane Shot of a Hunter, and the Hammer of Wrath and Avenger's Shield talent of a Protection-specced Paladin, are resolved as ranged attacks that do non-physical damage. They can miss or be "fully resisted"—and they do double damage on a crit. The only difference is that if a mob target is higher level than the player attacker, or if the target has any resistance to the school of magic used by the attack, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

And Since

This rule for "Fully" or "high partial" resist won't apply as it should never apply for "Holy Spells".

I'm only saying that the absence of a fully resisted spell is NOT evidence that spell is never fully resisted. Using your own words

Now that everything was provided as "Evidence" explained trough Blizzard Websites , Patchnotes , Wowwiki .

He deny :

[video=youtube;ovhRqAxnXqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhRqAxnXqg[/video]
Uploaded on Nov 19, 2006

Resists suppose to be Partial

1:32 = 476 dmg (159 resist) = 25% = 635 full amount of damage - Seal of Command

2:02 = 322 dmg (321 resist) = 50% = 643 full amount of damage - Seal of Command
2:07 = 163 dmg (54 resist) = 25% = 217 full amount of damage - Judgement of Command
2:26 = 262 dmg (87 resist) = 25% = 349 full amount of damage - Judgement of Command

But never Full (Seal of Command)

Only Judgement of Command suppose to be "Full Resist" instead Dodge/Parry/Block if you lack melee Hit Rating.

And because he is too ****** to accept the evidence that counter his "Believes" he deny every single thing explained:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_table

- A few player abilities, such as a paladin's Seal of Command, are likewise resolved as yellow-damage melee attacks that deal non-physical damage. The odds of the various attack results occurring with one of these attacks are determined the same as for physical melee attacks—the base chances are determined by the player's Weapon Skill with the wielded weapon, the miss chance is reduced by the player's Hit Rating, the chance to be dodged and parried is reduced by the player's Expertise, and the chance to crit is increased by the player's Agility and Crit Rating.

^^^^ Because he is stupid enough for this ^^^^ where 0 Resistance (non existant Holy) suppose to be under:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060718...ow-europe.com/en/info/basics/resistances.html

Resistance Score----------------50 -100 -150 -200-250
Chance to Resist Spell-----------0%-1%-1%-11%-25%
Chance to Resist 100% Damage--0%-1%-1%-11%-25%
Chance to Resist 75% Damage---2%-6%-18%-34%-55%
Chance to Resist 50% Damage---11%-24%-48%-40%-16%
Chance to Resist 25% Damage---33%-49%-26%-14%-3%
Chance to Take Full Damage-----54%-20%-7%-1%-1%

It should never ever resist more than 75% of the damage (not even that much since Holy Resistance is not even 50 but 0 "non existant")

Everytime I enter the Paladin section it's like :

This is a bit sad, because Theloras has proven to be a very invested member in the Retribution Paladin cause (and has written amazing guides for them) in the Vanilla private server community. I'm sure Killerduki, despite his stubbornness only wants the good of the Paladin class.
Come on guys, can't you just love each other ?
no.gif

Sorry for my bad english.

I am stubborn because i present Evidence and know how things work despite Psojed that work on "Believes" and counter me at any sign so he "Mute" to hide that this server is extremely Game Breaking bugged so he spill all the nonsense lies.

As I found out yesterday, we've been shitstorming since 2013, tho on the other forum it was kept much more civil than here
biggrin.gif

I agree, he did write some nice guides with lots of information, I just wish he could accept a different opinion.

And he says that we don't accept a different opinion where he don't accept "Evidence" because of his ****** "Believes"

Good luck with this , you are free now not to just mute me, but you can ban me for the truth exposed how retarded Dev/Tester this server have.

Last edited:
Duki, you were a joke on the feenix forums, you are a joke here too.

Never forget Naxxramas guide. The guide of a raid he NEVER set foot on.

You present as always, dubious evidence about shit that can be modified or comes from users. Nothing factual in the 100%.

We're not going to take your "brilliant" mind as the be-all-end-all.

Get out. Go play somewhere else. No one wants you here. There's a reason why Vanguard took your name, and i can see it now.

Top Bottom