• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BG queue commands

lolda

Authorized
Well I tried TBC server here and there is a possibility to join BGs with commands like .wsg .ab .av. Wouldn't be that great for queueing during leveling, PvP would be more active on low lvls (it s anyway quite far to join BG without mount :biggrin:).
It might be a nice feature (but it won't be blizzlike right? :biggrin:). So feel free to dicuss:cool2:

Ehm, if i'm not mistaken, when BG ends, you end up at the battle masters in Sattrath. Can you imagine, that you queuee for BG from Tanaris and when it ends, you appear at Stormwind?

Thats just one of the features of the older WoW's. You have to choose 1 thing to do - PvP or farming.

Actually you did both since Queue times were in the 1-2h range regularly depending on the faction you played.
This only changed with x-realm BGs.

I really don't like these custom command things - but this is maybe the only non-blizzlike modification on vanilla what I supporting. Because I love low level BGs, especially on 1× rates realm. :tongue: Honestly, many people are lazy to go join BG into the city (and I understand it) when they are leveling in location far far away.

About porting problem when BG end... Feature which ports you when BG ends to the place where are you joined from may be good. :smile:

To encourage low level BGs... well okay, but certainly not on level 60.

BG joining commands allow players to still farm and pvp inbetween and will help with bg queues, and encourage more people to queue for bgs since it means they can still farm, not have to devote all their time to either. There's not much appealing about sitting in Ironforge for 45 minutes waiting for a battleground to pop but afraid to go out into the world, because once the BG pops you get brought back to Ironforge. This would mean more people in the world outside of cities, and more people queueing for battlegrounds.

At low levels it also helps because there isn't much reason to go to the city and queue for a battleground when odds are one will not pop, and it cuts into your leveling time.

Other servers have implemented these commands and they port you back to the spot you queued from.

hmm what about instead letting the command show how many are in que and how many are needed + how many BG's are up ?

I'm in favour of BG commands, while they're not particularly blizz-like it adds so much to the PvP environment on a private server (and unless Kronos gets blizz-like population, which no private server has ever to my knowledge achieved) it is quite simply required for a truly active pvp environment both at low levels and end-game.

The reason for this is, without BG commands the majority of the server's population will only touch BGs when they have nothing better to do and they will further be discouraged from doing this, since the only people regularly doing BGs will be the r14 farmers, who will be doing it with premades.

The only problem with BG commands is however that BG farmers can farm gold while farming honor, which leads to an un-blizzlike economy.

I'd suggest adding BG commands that port you back to the location you were at when you entered BGs, however add them with a tax, when you enter a battleground that you have signed up to with BG commands it costs money.

The only problem with BG commands is however that BG farmers can farm gold while farming honor, which leads to an un-blizzlike economy.

I'd suggest adding BG commands that port you back to the location you were at when you entered BGs, however add them with a tax, when you enter a battleground that you have signed up to with BG commands it costs money.

The whole point of bg commands is to allow people to go out and farm while queueing, if they're getting fast pops, they won't be farming as much just because of that. If its slow queue pops, the charged amount will be irrelavent.

I can garuntee the economy won't become imbalanced, gold gained from mobs doesn't add up to much on its own, it'll add to a more active economy as people are actually able to farm materials to sell whilst waiting for bg queues instead of afking in cities waiting for a pop.

I hope this doesnt happen. It would be so quiet and lonely at the battleground masters.:crying:

I hope this doesnt happen. It would be so quiet and lonely at the battleground masters.:crying:

Think of all the extra people in the open world for you to kill, and the faster queues because people don't have to choose between farming and pvping.

I'm not generally for custom stuff. But this is one of those things that does make sense and would probably improve the overall PvP experience. More people queuing = faster BG's. More people out in the world instead of sitting at battlemasters = more world PvP.

I give my thumbs up to this :thumbup1:

This might be the only non blizzlike thing id love to see implemented here.I mean its good for every1 really :D
Any chance a developer can comment on this?

i think bg queue commands would be good at the start and a little bit longer until the population is big.
because it is to obvious that not everyone who is leveling want to do pvp. so it becomes a small number. and that is why my opinion is that bg commands are a good thing at the beginning. (maybe until 2k? idk)

This might be the only non blizzlike thing id love to see implemented here.I mean its good for every1 really :D
Any chance a developer can comment on this?

Totally agree. A bg queue command feels like a necessity tbh. Without it pvp will most probably be dead except for lvl60 where it will be just a small portion of the playerbase participating.

Maybe from 1-59, but on 60? No thanks.

Why?

There will be less people queueing for battlegrounds if they have to choose between that and farming, meaning longer queues for the people who do. It would get people out of the capital cities as well, versus sitting AFK in Orgrimmar/Ironforge waiting for a battleground to pop. Faster queues, more pvp, more world pvp, making pvp accessible for people who only have a few hours to play and would otherwise have to farm raid consumables, I don't see the issue other than its not "blizzlike".

Sign up, fly to where you want to farm, enjoy your Q time collecting herbs. Profit.
Its not that signing for BGs and farming are mutually exclusive.

It would get people out of the capital cities as well, versus sitting AFK in Orgrimmar/Ironforge waiting for a battleground to pop.

One of my biggest complaints about current retail WoW is that people sit in cities and queue instances all day. Getting people out into the world is a great thing! BG queue commands FTW!

I don't think the argument is that they are mutually exclusive, it's that more people will be participating in PvP (also at level 60) if they don't have to interrupt their farming going to a battlemaster.

Edit: Or atleast, that is my argument.

Sign up, fly to where you want to farm, enjoy your Q time collecting herbs. Profit.
Its not that signing for BGs and farming are mutually exclusive.

It takes time to leave the city and go farm, and after, you get ported back to the battlemaster, then have to fly out again, repeat. This might work for hour long queues between battlegrounds, but thats a situation advocates for a .bg system are trying to eliminate as well. I don't see the benefit in encouraging people to AFK in cities when you could get more people in the world, allow people to better balance pve and pvp, and encourage more economic activity.

Top Bottom