• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Several Hunter questions

Epyon

Since I've played on many Vanilla servers, and things are always different,

1. What's the radius on traps here... how close do you have to be to trigger them? The last server I played on you could stand on your trap and still get melee'd by the enemy. Trap radius was much bigger than that on Blizz Vanilla.

2. Do hunters suffer spell pushback when casting Aimed Shot?

Hey,

I tested some hunter features at the test server and you dont have to worry.

Aimed shot dont get pushbacks while casting.
Its hard to say the range of the traps, but it triggers before you stand on it. I tested it on npc's they always get into the trap before they hitted me.

Alright cool. I worry about the trap radius because I've been playing feenix vanilla and melee can just LOL at me while dancing around my traps. It's pretty much a game-breaker for hunters. I remember specifically in retail Vanilla my freeze trap would always get the melees if they attacked me while I was standing on my trap.

The nice thing in vanilla is, that the traps are instant. So if you have a bit of skill you should be able to set every melee with feign death into a trap. This works perfect here.

I'm sure that the trigger range is good here.

Vanilla traps have no arm time. They will work instantly.
In TBC blizzard added a 2 second delay before the trap was active.

Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Traps can be set while in combat, but require a 2 second arming time.

Last edited:
So if you have a bit of skill you should be able to set every melee with feign death into a trap.

And the amount of skill needed especially in PvP can be reduced if you at first assure that your melee opponent is slowed (or even better snared by Improved Wing Clip proc for example) and then gets trapped by using a simple macro which looked like

/cast Feign Death
/script CastPetAction(10);
/script PetFollow();
/cast Freezing Trap(Rank 3)
on the Vanilla server i played so far. :)

Last edited:
/script CastPerAction(10) only works if you have the desired action in this slot. I suppose its the default, but you never know.

Wouldn't PetPassiveMode() work too?

Not to mention, that here, on kronos, pet will automaticaly stop attacking enemy that is freezed by Freezing trap or polymorphed.

Just tested it. The one with the trap also happens here.
Noone has reported it so far. Going to do that right now :)

Since I've played on many Vanilla servers, and things are always different,

2. Do hunters suffer spell pushback when casting Aimed Shot?
On this server Aimed Shot suffer pushback from casting Aimed Shot like it was on retail.
The Hunter is not taking any damage at all that would increase the cast time of Aimed Shot (some fights such as Vaelastrasz, Firemaw and Flamegor in BWL cause the raid to be taking constant AoE damage) from http://www.wowwiki.com/Hunter_tactics?oldid=358792.

I just hope my pet doesn't fall through the map while running to a mob :mad2:

Top Bottom