• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alliance [H/A] Oceania (GMT+8 - GMT+12)

ffaxu

Hello fellow Australians, New Zealanders, Pilipinos, Singaporeans, Malays, Indonesians and all other peoples living in GMT+8 to GMT+12!

How many of you are planning to play on this server?

From past private server experience I'm assuming our numbers aren't going to be very high so let's start getting organised now to make sure we will be able to raid when the server opens!

The intention is to form ONE guild for all of us (assuming there are less than ~100-120 of us) so that the number of active players will always be sufficient to play the game (and *gasp* maybe even compete for kills)!

The priority is player numbers right now. Class balance and faction choice can be decided later (I'm going to assume you are all intelligent and that we won't end up with 40 rogues).

If you're a player from GMT+8 to GMT+12 come join our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/oceaniakronos/

Last edited:
I am in as a casual-type member, I don't have the ability to play overly regularly/often but am keen to lend a hand when I can

Perfect! People can play however it suits them and can find their own way of being valuable to their guild mates. As long as everyone sees themselves as being part of a larger ecosystem and can articulate how they are providing value to everyone else (this goes for hardcore players and casual players alike) they are more than welcome! I have no problems managing for different play styles in the guild.

Hey!
+8GMT reporting in!

Very excited to play Kronos in an oceanic guild.
I'm sure we will find the numbers as soon players from Valkyrie Feenix and Rebirth come over.
My personal vote is alliance but as you say that can be discussed later.

I would absolutely love to play on this server. But 400ms ping... I'm not so sure. I may jump on when the server launches to check it out.

This is just what I am looking for!

I was not sure if there was going to be anyone within Australia, but it seems my luck has changed. I noticed you have a post in both Horde and Alliance. Is the Faction not yet set in stone? I don't mind which Faction, so long as I'm playing with locals.

I am +9:30 GMT hours. Located in Adelaide.

This is just what I am looking for!

I was not sure if there was going to be anyone within Australia, but it seems my luck has changed. I noticed you have a post in both Horde and Alliance. Is the Faction not yet set in stone? I don't mind which Faction, so long as I'm playing with locals.

I am +9:30 GMT hours. Located in Adelaide.

Glad to have you :) To answer your question, the faction hasn't been decided yet.

I think it's time we start to get organised and maybe even doing some family and (mostly) friends drip recruiting. Does anyone have a suggestion for where on the internet we can organise ourselves?

The following list is what I think we need:
  • A landing page to direct people to for information about this guild.
  • A way for people to register their emails for interest in playing in the guild when Kronos opens up.
  • And maybe an IRC channel for everyone to idle in (like back in the old days!).

What other suggestions do people have?

Last edited:
Glad to have you :) To answer your question, the faction hasn't been decided yet.

I think it's time we start to get organised and maybe even doing some family and (mostly) friends drip recruiting. Does anyone have a suggestion for where on the internet we can organise ourselves?

The following list is what I think we need:
  • A landing page to direct people to for information about this guild.
  • A way for people to register their emails for interest in playing in the guild when Kronos opens up.
  • And maybe an IRC channel for everyone to idle in (like back in the old days!).

What other suggestions do people have?

This is just a suggestion, and I am not too sure if it is really a good one, for some reasons with I will add further on into my post. A possible website or "landing page" could be a Facebook group, or even a Facebook like page. The possible problem for this though is that some, if not many people would feel people knowing who they are and their real name is something they do not want to reveal in-game. Which of course, they do have a right to not disclose who they are. Although, I do feel a lot of the positives outweigh the negatives, for example:
  • A group or page on Facebook could give instant updates about raids, dungeons or other happenings.
  • Facebook is used by practically everyone who has access to the internet, which makes it easier to communicate.
This may also factor into your how people can register for interest in playing with the guild. You could have have someone say "Join Group" on Facebook. Once the Guild Master or Officers have seen this request, they could send them a brief or full length paragraph about:
  • Why they wish to join the Guild.
  • What times they are available for raids, dungeons and etc.
  • What class they have picked and their "main role" or which class they shall pick and that main roll.
  • Just some general information such as their characters name.

Of course this is just my suggestion, and I can understand if people are uncomfortable with it. Perhaps once Kronos does establish a good server population they could possibly implement a lot more customization with guild pages/or forums. Although, I do like how Kronos has it at the moment already.

As a last bit of information, I have in no way played Vanilla "hardcore" or ever played Vanilla on retail. As I mentioned in another post on here, I played Feenix until about level 12, until I encountered bugs, and then I stopped. So I think that possibly this part of organizing is best left to the professionals. :laugh:

I am definitely going to join this guild. Not too sure if the name is Oceania or something else, but I hope in the coming weeks we can possibly have a representable name and a Faction decided. Maybe holding an Oceania vote to see which Faction is popular? That could be unfair for some people though. If you have had experience with Vanilla, I do not mind you being the Guild Master. You seem to have an idea of what you're doing to organize something with the Guild. I shall inform some people I know who might want to play the game, and do not want to pay for retail and want to try the true World of Warcraft experience. I hope they join us!

All the best and until we speak next time, looking forward to yours and many others replies.

Regards,
Kaltimer.

A possible website or "landing page" could be a Facebook group, or even a Facebook like page.

I would have concerns about creating a barrier for people who aren't comfortable disclosing their identities to a group of strangers (like you mentioned). It would be unfortunate if that stopped people from joining!

I have in no way played Vanilla "hardcore" or ever played Vanilla on retail.

That shouldn't be a problem. Anyone with any experience will tell you that the number one priority is to get sufficient numbers. Experienced vs. Inexperienced and Casual vs. Hardcore is actually pretty easy to manage to make sure people don't get frustrated with one another and have fun all whilst in the same guild.

Not too sure if the name is Oceania or something else, but I hope in the coming weeks we can possibly have a representable name and a Faction decided.

Guild name won't be Oceania (if I have my way haha). We'll think of something better and figure out the faction once we have enough interested members.

If you have had experience with Vanilla, I do not mind you being the Guild Master.

The only intention and priority I have is ensuring that people in the APAC region interested in playing on Kronos are gathering in one guild so we can get critical mass and have enough active members to play the game. If the guild wants me to lead, I'm happy to step up; if the guild wants someone else to lead, I'm happy to follow :)

I shall inform some people I know who might want to play the game, and do not want to pay for retail and want to try the true World of Warcraft experience. I hope they join us!

Nice! This shouldn't be about avoiding paying though. This should be about wanting to experience Classic. Classic not an easy ride so people should be here because that's exactly what they want to experience.

Keep any other ideas for how to organise coming!

You make some very good points as to what I had to say before, thank you for your input.

In terms of getting prepared for having an Oceania guild on Kronos, I guess we can only hope that more people start to get interested in Kronos and are from around Oceania time frames.

This shall be possibly my last suggestion until we know when Kronos will eventually launch. I think when Kronos have an official launch date for their server we as a collective group should then discuss Guild name and the faction we shall represent! This suggestion in mind, I shall use that time to think of some guild names for when the release date is announced, and possibly what faction I'd like to be on. Right now I am 50% Alliance and 50% Horde, so depending on the majority, I'll join whichever!

As for now, like I've mentioned and possibly you've already thought about. We just wait it out, and hope for more members. This shouldn't be too long though, as the interest seems to grow everyday for Kronos! I hope that by at least launch we have a fairly decent number of eager people interested in joining. We can only hope though.

Regards,
Kaltimer.

Hi All,

Could i suggest a reddit forum for the guild to based out of?
As this would protect identities but also be highly accessible to all.

I Believe most of our members will come from advertising the guild inside the game once it has been released as noted by ffxau that vanilla wow is targeting a very specific player base. As vanilla wow is nothing like any game released in the last 5 years. You have to enjoy a bit of punishment (In a gaming way of course!)

As for guild leader I would prefer someone with previous vanilla experience.

Looking forward to playing and building the guild soon! :biggrin:

Hey all +10 here, count me in as well and super stoked to see an Oceanic guild already prepping!

Hi guys, excited to join here too (need to create reddit account first but will do so shortly).

Played vanilla wow retail but never got to raiding. Currently waiting for Kronos while playing WoD but I'm bored already!

I enjoy pvp greatly but would like to experience the raids I never managed to do. My time is limited but I can probably commit if we have a good schedule I can plan around.

Planning to roll warrior (class I know best) or hunter, warlock if no one wants a fury war :/

For the Horde!

+10 waiting to play. Once Kronos is up and running i'll be there. Resto Druid for hire.

I do work on shutdowns. So all over the place and different times too. So unable to confirm when i am free to play normally. But hope to be around and leveling with you guys.

Is this still looking to go ahead. Either as a raiding guild or place for Aussies and other people down in our timezone to hang out when the server is quiet. In those wee hours of the morning for the Europeans.

Not sure if you are horde or alliance, 16 lvl NE hunter here name is Cynthele gmt+8, add me if u are ally

Top Bottom