• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Spells and Mechanics #1

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

today's Showcase highlights various working talents and mechanics. Among these are absorption and immunities for both physical and elemental damage, the Mage's Frost and Fire Ward reflection talents as well as a demonstration of stealth detection modified by Perception and Paranoia.

[video=youtube;E3z6nyycNjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3z6nyycNjk[/video]

Read More

Last edited:
I had not realized how powerful paranoia + perception was, since it did not work on the last Vanilla server I played.

The paranoia / perception part of the showcase was really great. People playing dps cloth casters on vanilla private servers usually fixate on Forsaken mages and warlocks as the Best due to stuff that is broken on them, with Will of the Forsaken working by default. Your showing the working ranges of each ability will really make people think twice about their previous decisions.

Great video. I want to be a shadow priest that specs Holy for raiding since the respec cost will be capped at 10gp. Forsaken is normally the best for Horde, but I have some questions about shadow and this server.

1 - Mind Flay + Shadow Weaving. How many stacks of Shadow Weaving was one full cast of Mind Flay supposed to generate in pre BC WoW, and will this server have it work in that way?

2 - Shadowguard. Will Shadowguard have the proper proc chance for Blackout on each orb hit that does damage? Will Shadowguard properly have the chance to strike for critical damage, and will shadow weaving stacks be gained on each orb strike?

1) 1 stack
2) blackout work on shadowguard,it can crit, 1 stack

Go troll 20% healing reduce is badass ,also best look

1) 1 stack
2) blackout work on shadowguard,it can crit, 1 stack

Go troll 20% healing reduce is badass ,also best look

Unless you're a staff member or you say the magic words "I'm a tester in the server beta", those answers don't mean much to me. Yes, I have a good idea on how they're supposed to work (I played WoW when it launched), but I was asking how they will work on THIS server.

wow shit, now I am undecided again...
Might roll a female human instead of a night elf.

Once again your work is stunning!

I truly enjoy your showcase videos, as not only do they demonstrate how awesome your server is going to be. It is also a way for you to stay in touch with the community and tell us that you are actually working.

Love it!

I Really love the video's, but i can't help but wonder why the progress bar on your website doesn't move after releasing 4 new video's? This makes me quite sad, because that would mean all the work you've done wasn't even worth 1%?
:sad:

A progress bar always is an arbitrary number :)
Since the team is currently working on mechanics and spells mostly its hard to make an estimate on how much is still left (or maybe not even found yet).
10% of all issues might take 70% of the whole development time. Just as an example ;-)

Once the team switches over to dungeons and quests you will see the bar raise more quickly.

That 75% isnt really accurate as far as server functionality goes, the number is being brought down by some low level dungeons and things like scourge invasion or Naxxramas. Maybe they start working on Naxramas after release idk, so even if the server launches and the progress bar shows 90% for example, from players perspective, it might be 99%

It makes no sense to start with PvE content before mechanics aren't working. Chances are a fix for an ability causes a side effect on a quest/script/encounter, bugging it.
You've probably seen this before on other server when a quest or encounter doesn't work as it should even though it was working just fine 2 weeks ago.

Chero tries to keep the impact of side effects as low as possible. Which is, from a developers perspective, a really wise move.

If the intent is to build a following while developing, that progress bar is doing Kronos no favors. I would comment that progress bar out of the HTML and let the video blog posts and the "Coming Fall 2014" sell the server.

I'm a reasonable adult who doesn't have ADHD and even I wonder if that non-moving progress bar means literally nothing is happening. After all, the videos could be describing development from any period, not bugs currently being solved.

Top Bottom