• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A suggestion on leveling

brothir

Fact 1: Leveling in vanilla is a pretty slow affair (a good thing in my book, though occasionally tiresome).

Fact 2: Many dungeons are a bit out of the way, and provide little in the way of xp (killing a lvl 20 elite Goblin in Deadmines gives 20 xp in vanilla, whereas killing a normal lvl 20 gives ~150). Item drops are also pretty bad: it is entirely possible to do an entire dungeon and not get a single new piece of gear.

Conclusion: It is a time loss to do dungeons. If you want to reach level 60 as quickly as possible, you are better served skipping most dungeons.

Solution: Boost the xp that dungeon mobs give by 2-5 times (for comparison, Blizzard had boosted this xp gain by ~5 times by WotLK).

Justification: This will accelerate leveling by a small amount and give more of a reason to do dungeons for the average player. I personally love 5-man content, and can do SM Cathedral all day long. However, for what seems to be a fairly large portion of the potential playerbase, capping is the primary concern.

If these people are smart, they will skip most dungeons entirely: gear is (mostly) pointless until you're gearing up for MC, and having some blues from RFD won't make you level much faster.

On the other hand, I have seen several potential players claim that they will not play unless Kronos has a strict leveling rate of 1x.

This suggestion is an attempt to give a compromise between those in favour of higher rates and those in favour of lower rates, while simultaneously "fixing a problem" with vanilla dungeons.

What say you, good people?

I agree, although i like the pure feel i don't think it will affect the pure blizzlike feeling but allow more groups to be formed for dungeons instead of quest/farming all the time.

3x more xp in dungeons would be very reasonable. Of course if a level 60 is in the party or a higher level the xp should decrease.

Still a good idea, but you aren't the first who bring this on the table ;)
It's somewhere in the XP poll, and later in Schaka's leveling thread. jsut if u are curious. ;)

I dont like that. Dungeon run is allways xp boost - each has +-5 Qs (if you dont wipe every 10 minutes and then group breaks up).

If you dont want to make quests all the time your solution is to lock yourself into dung for 15-60? - cos thats whats gonna happen.

Last edited:
I think this sounds like a great idea, I love all of the old dungeons and would like to think I would play them anyway but if they slow me down so much it would be hard to convince myself to do them without this bonus

If these people are smart, they will skip most dungeons entirely: gear is (mostly) pointless until you're gearing up for MC, and having some blues from RFD won't make you level much faster.

Thats an insult ? What about people who just enjoing dungeons ? If you find the items in dungeon pointless, you can just grind the mobs in open world, cause questing is pointless in this way. I have nothing against boost xp from dungeons, but i strongly disagree with your (let me say - dumb) fact.

While I do like your idea, it might hurt the world population if people prefer grinding instances as they might become a faster way to level than questing. I for one do all instances on the way to 60 at least once, for the sake of taking a break from questing, and when I have all the instance quests. (AtlasQuest ftw)

Thats an insult ?

When I said smart, I meant "able to recognise the mathematically optimal path to level 60". I didn't mean that everyone who doesn't do the optimal leveling method is stupid, because then I would be stupid as well :wacko:.

What about people who just enjoing dungeons?

As I said in the OP, I enjoy doing dungeons regardless of rewards.

If you find the items in dungeon pointless, you can just grind the mobs in open world, cause questing is pointless in this way.

I find them pointless from an objective point of view, because mathematically the time spent attaining them is far greater than the time you gain from having improved stats.

I don't find them pointless from a subjective point of view: as a matter of fact, I try as hard as I can to get the Leech Pants from BFD every time I roll a caster because it's my favourite item in the game. :3

I have nothing against boost xp from dungeons, but i strongly disagree with your (let me say - dumb) fact.

That's fine.

I prefer 1x exp rates for everything in the game.

Yes I like to do all the dungeons, and dungeon quests even at the 1x. No I am not dumb, because I want to get to level 60 "ASAP", but I really enjoy the leveling process in a 1x environment, and would feel cheap if I rushed that process. I could be the minority, or the majority. I have no idea anymore which group of people is "ahead" in this exp Kronos debate.

my 2 cents.

I made the comment in the XP poll, and Lharts brought it up in the leveling thread.

Haha perfect then u know what u alrady wrote ;)
Sorry don't remembered your name..

And i think when u give the dungeons a moderate xp increase it won't turn out that farming dungeons will be faster then questing, it should just be a resonable alternative for the occasional pure mob grind when u lack of quests. And it's a good way to make it easier, to make new friends and get in contact, while pure questing this is pretty rare. The few elitequests a mostly done very quickly.
Imo it's a good idea as long as the increase won't surpass normal questing. Instances are the most fun part of wow, and the low level ones are the one that are played way more unfrequent then the level 50+ ones.

Last edited:
I dont like that. Dungeon run is allways xp boost - each has +-5 Qs (if you dont wipe every 10 minutes and then group breaks up).

I'm afraid you are wrong. It's true that there are quests for most of the dungeons, but they don't give much more xp than regular quests: for instance, the trogg quest and satchel quest in RFC give 1850 xp each I believe, whereas a regular level 16 quest usually gives 1000-1500 xp (provided it is a "large" quest".)

Then factor in that every mob in a dungeon is worth 4-5 times less xp than any mob of the same level in the overworld. Then take into account that you have to spend time finding members for a group.
Then consider that you have to get everyone to the instance, and in vanilla the meeting stones do not summon people. Finally, add the (very real) possibility of a wipe, and you are going to have to find yourself one hella group in order for any dungeon run to be an xp gain compared to normal leveling.

If you dont want to make quests all the time your solution is to lock yourself into dung for 15-60? - cos thats whats gonna happen.

Do you think it is worse to have an inactive overworld and active dungeoning than the opposite? Serious question, I'm legitimately interested in your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha perfect then u know what u alrady wrote ;)
Sorry don't remembered your name.

That's absolutely fine: I don't have an avatar yet so I look fairly anonymous. Agree with the rest of what you said as well.

Do you think it is worse to have an inactive overworld and active dungeoning than the opposite? Serious question, I'm legitimately interested in your opinion.

Idk ... looking forward to:
/worldwide LFM 3x mage + heal sm 30-40 grind.

If you do want to enjoy low lvl dungeons, you will run them even on 1x rates. If you dont care about the dungeon but you do care about its time efficiency then you need raised xp rates. Feels to me just like way how to **** the system.
Just my opinion :wub:

Leveling is slow - give us more xp.
PVP is unfair - raiders fuck us naked - give us pvp gear separate from raid gear.
Mounts are slow - give us flying.
Raids are hard and need more ppl, give us something barely big than 5-man and with minimal difficulty so we can "experience" the content we paid for.

Find yourself there. I want pure blizzard like vanilla, what it was. And because I know some stuff cannot be implemented like it was gradually patched so best form is 1.12.1 what it was then.

Last edited:
Honestly 2x xp in a dungeon is not a bad idea, to develop this thought you could put this xp rate in leveling ranges in which you haft to grind 2-3 levels until you gain access to the next tier of quests (45-48 comes to mind). I'd have no problem with 1,5-2x experience in all dungeons of course, even so if it would be implemented a while after the actual release.

The experience increase is nothing major nor gamebreaking, it could to some extent motivate sessional levelers to interact a bit more on the way to 60. Nevertheless, I don't believe any system of this will be implemented seeing how everyone's opinion seem to differ.

Twinstar allow's the sale of individual lvl 60 character's from account to account so if someone's too lazy to level on their own or at normal rate then they can surely purchase another persons character through donation points later on.

another good reason to "ban" multiboxing since it would make those sales that much easier and frequent if you could level/boost characters solo like that.

I actually like this idea. 2x exp rate in dungeons would be a nice addition, but it should also ONLY be available in dungeons, 1x exp rate anywhere else. Don't know if it would be an easy job for the developers though. If it is possible, this would the perfect solution imo.

Last edited:
well 2x exp rate ONLY for dungeon and 1x the rest is a great idea, and it would make some dungeon's more appealing that are otherwise only done once and then skipped or never.

most quest and farm outside dungeons unless there's some really good leveling gear + quests that can be earned fast.

Didn't blizzard have a party xp bonus or a dungeon party xp bonus in the first place?

Top Bottom