• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Where to find seeding WoW Client 1.12.1 for Mac?

Fonsi

I became nostalgic recently for the Classic WoW and research enough until I found out about Kronos (which I am excited about). I have not been connected to the WoW community for sometime.

Where can I find a Classic WoW Client for Mac? (I have switch to Apple products over the years of not gaming) Will a client be provided at the launch of Kronos? I would much rather have it set up to go before hand.

i can't help you with the mac bit, but have you considered installing an instance of windows on your computer? no need for special versions then

No I have never heard of that. That allows for the IOS and Windows to work on the same comp?

i didnt check the previous links, but i'm assuming goris means "dual booting" which is pretty much, downloading windows and installing it onto a partition of your hard drive, and then you can choose on startup what to initiate, windows or mac. for games this should be very good for you :) im sure there are many guides for this

you can use windows OS and macintosh OS on pretty much any hardware, so it's really just as simple as installing.

I am trying the torrent out, lets see how it goes. It may take awhile... Good look from Goris if this works

Glad it worked, I noticed on the page that it had only a few seeds, but I figured there's no rush anyway, Kronos is still kinda far away.

I have a different issue than Fonsi. I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and the installation optimizer .dmg is only supported by OSX 10.7 or later. I have been trying to find anything that will allow me to download 1.12.1 on my current OS but I have been unable to find anything.

Ok so now I have used original disks to install wow, I have found an english US version of patch 1.12.0 but I cannot find anywhere an english US patch for 1.12.0 to 1.12.1. The patches milkutin posted are for english GB. Any help is appreciated.

I literally googled "english US patch for 1.12.0 to 1.12.1". Hope it helps.
This is Win version.

Ok so now I have used original disks to install wow, I have found an english US version of patch 1.12.0 but I cannot find anywhere an english US patch for 1.12.0 to 1.12.1. The patches milkutin posted are for english GB. Any help is appreciated.
I can't find it too, enUS 1.12.1 Mac patch is probably hidden somewhere very deep in internet, if even still exist.

Have you tried download preinstalled version from torrent?

Hey thanks for the responses. Forsooth, in all of my searches I have been unable to find the mac enUS patch. I tried to download a preinstalled version but like I said my OSX is outdated and the fully patched installation disk works only on OSX 10.7 and above.

I am not in a rush since we are still at 79% and basically it brought to my attention that I am going to have to spend some money on new hardware (I am using an archaic macbook from 2008). I mean it's not a newsflash it's just inconvenient since I am a student with a modest stipend.

Anyways, thanks for the help, especially you milkutin. See you guys in Kronos =]

...I am going to have to spend some money on new hardware (I am using an archaic macbook from 2008). I mean it's not a newsflash it's just inconvenient since I am a student with a modest stipend.

not trying to get up in your business, but have you considered something cheaper than apple? Would help with the wow version problem too :wink:

not trying to get up in your business, but have you considered something cheaper than apple? Would help with the wow version problem too :wink:

Haha we're on the same page. My next purchase is most definitely going to be a PC desktop.

Well, digging a bit deeper all I managed to find is an installer (not a disc image so I guess it could work), however it's a torrent.

If that link doesn't work or shows as blocked by your ISP just find another PB proxy and attach /torrent/6774094 to the end of the url.

EDIT:

Still shows it has 15 seeds, so there's hope, slow hope, but hope none the less.

Hey thanks for the responses. Forsooth, in all of my searches I have been unable to find the mac enUS patch. I tried to download a preinstalled version but like I said my OSX is outdated and the fully patched installation disk works only on OSX 10.7 and above.

I am not in a rush since we are still at 79% and basically it brought to my attention that I am going to have to spend some money on new hardware (I am using an archaic macbook from 2008). I mean it's not a newsflash it's just inconvenient since I am a student with a modest stipend.

Anyways, thanks for the help, especially you milkutin. See you guys in Kronos =]
It's okay, you're welcome. :smile:

So, there is still option to install fresh vanilla from original discs as you do, but now the enGB version, and then patch it.

If you don't have enGB discs, don't worry, you can download it (as ISO image). It's also rare now but it must still exist.
(I found only torrent on one czech tracker, which can't be downloaded for next 7 days, so I don't now if it works on Mac, it has also none seed. But we have lot of time until Kronos's opening, so... :biggrin:)

Or anybody here who have Classic Box with original enGB CDs can make ISO images and upload them for you. :biggrin:

But I still don't understand your limitations, you can't open .dmg file, okay, but preinstalled client from torrent is not in .dmg format, but usually in .zip or other archive, so, where is the problem?

Top Bottom