• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

World Chat

Ryanp

I think having a world chat option is necessary because I doubt this server will be as populated as original WoW was. I liked how Feenix's world chat was only accessible after level 20 to keep spammers out, but that's all I liked about Feenix's world chat. It was the only option if you were looking for a group and often times it would be hijacked by trolls, people would just wait for the chat to clear up before starting to look for a group again. Here is what I would consider to be the best option for Kronos's world chat:

/join world chat
/join world LFG

This way anyone chatting in 'LFG' would be braking the rules and would be reminded to instead join 'world chat', and vise versa.

I think it's the only option that makes sense after having spent a considerable amount of time on Feenix. Giving people who just want to troll a captive audience of people who just want to find groups isn't a fair situation.

Last edited:
In my opinion 1000 players should be enough to say "Remove/block World chat". Why? Because a custom global chat was an idea to connect people for those things like trading and communicating in general. with 1000 people this shouldnt be a problem through LookingForGroup and Trade Channel. There is also enough people who has memories of the LookingForGroup beeing used a lot.

There are already Channels made by Blizzard. Checkout the Channel options. Some you join automatically and some you need to choose.

Also you can /ignore whoever you want.
... i mean why do you want to go away from spammers when you can ignore them. Do you wanna risk to have a bad time with those people meeting them again? :D

On feenix, it seems like they dont want people to use the ignore function, rather using the Hack/Cheat forum section to report people.
I always wondered why there is the oppurtunity to report players because of the chat. (i know racism etc. is normal to report through GM Ticket, but this can be prevented with /ignore too...)

Good point, but I can recall discussions starting in trade in original WoW that would involve some trolls/annoying people (easy to ignore) but also many other people responding to them (people you probably don't want to ignore) and these discussions would be so popular that they would basically shut down trade for a time.

Basically though my main concern is having a world LFG channel that is a part of the game from day one. (ED had one but for a long time you could only send messages to it if you were in a main city so it never caught on) I'd be quite happy to see it be like original WoW. I just don't want it to be the same situation that ED has, that you have to use world chat if you want to find a group, and therefor you have to deal with trolls kicking off very long "conversations" which make it basically unusable for looking for a group about 30% of the time.

Last edited:
Being able to keep in touch with everybody in the world is a pretty good thing, in my opionion. I like how ED did world chat: its only available for characters of 20+ level, so you don't have level 1 trolls shitting up everything, and Barrens chat also doesn't disappear)

Yeah lets also create:
World Warlock
World Warrior
World Dungeon
World Raid
World Enchanting

oke?

Remove it and let players start using trade/general channel and whispers again. Its part of the flare and you would have to ACTIVELY communicate with other players.

Remove it and let players start using trade/general channel and whispers again. Its part of the flare and you would have to ACTIVELY communicate with other players.
But flare ia already annoying enough to play against as a rogue

Also dont remove/split up worldchat please, it's just so much fun

I liked the faction restricted world chat at lvl 20 on ED as well :) Would love if we got the same on Kronos or something similar.

I kinda like world chat, it makes the world feel more alive. And you can reach people outside the main city easier. As long as it is not cross-faction.

Last edited:
just create a /world channel on your own and advertise it. If people need it, they will join. I like having a faction world chat, but please keep in mindy that not everybody is prepared to enter global Barrens chat. I love it though.

If you don't like global chat channels don't join them. Make global chat cross faction while you're at it!

Usually the world chat is used for shit talk -> I don't need that
Since Kronos 2 already had a group finding option at innkeepers I see no need to keep the chat just for LFG or w/e.
I would be glad when guilds won't be able to spam the chat for member search all of the time. Rather use the forum for it.

Not sure if they will keep the meeting stone function on innkeepers this time too (might be they want to remove it for full blizzlike). If they keep it I see no real reason for a world chat.

Usually the world chat is used for shit talk -> I don't need that
Since Kronos 2 already had a group finding option at innkeepers I see no need to keep the chat just for LFG or w/e.
I would be glad when guilds won't be able to spam the chat for member search all of the time. Rather use the forum for it.

Not sure if they will keep the meeting stone function on innkeepers this time too (might be they want to remove it for full blizzlike). If they keep it I see no real reason for a world chat.

Wow, this is the first time i hear about those innkeepers. Were they functioning as a "meeting stone" or "summoning stone"?

If you don't like global chat channels don't join them. Make global chat cross faction while you're at it!

Pls no. I was a total douche back in peenix World Pvp, and it was super fun. Then I played on Rebirth and became a care-bear who wouldnt attack allies outside BGs. Cross faction chat/trade kills the enmity between factions.

Last edited:
Don't add worldchat, it's mostly full off trolls, retards and people who want to be in the center of attention by spamming and advertising bullshit. End of discussion.

Channels are good, but cross-faction channels are stupid and on heatlhy populated server nonsense and anti-PvP.

Btw if you block world channel, players just will simply create other channel, so if you want completly ban global chat you must ban also the player channel system, and this is really not blizzlike.

But I like the idea of the integrated Blizzard's channels, cause why create something which is already existing... Just make Trade worldwide, and it's done.

Did you know on ED/Warsong, the world channel eliminates LookingForGroup, Trade, WorldDefense, GuildRecruitment and LocalDefense channels?

Top Bottom