• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Requesting a Holy priest guide

goris

Authorized
Hey, I'm still in the process of choosing a class for my Kronos experience and I am considering a holy priest. I played the class a bit, but only in TBC/WotLK and mostly shadow/discipline. I also don't have any experience with healing in vanilla and tbh I'm a bit scared of it, mostly because of mana regen issues. So I figure I should get to know the class more, before I make my decision.

-Does anybody know a good guide for a raiding holy priest? Can you link it?
-If not, is anybody bored enough to write something up?
Tried googling but to little success.:sad:

The more detailed the better, but even the basics would be appreciated.

http://www.feenixserver.com/forum/topic/10474-ultimate-holy-priest-guide-for-112/ from the feenix forums.

This guide will answer most questions and help you a lot on your way, though bear in mind it's not flawless in any way.

Stuff I disagree with:
Specc: Healing focus is rarely worth it, I suggest you use this if you're the priest with the most +heal, or this if you're not (since you won't be using renew).
Buffs: Nightfin soup, Kreeg's Stout Beatdown, Crystal Force and Elixir of Greater Intellect are not mentioned, though proper buff stacking might render them useless. Once you reach rank 6 you can also use Combat Mana Potions for trash.
Gear: Cassandra's Grace is horribly overrated, a green 50+ +healing will be better and cost a 10th of the price or less. A lot of other pieces (bracers for example) can also be replaced by green ones with +heal.

And probably some more than I can't think of right now.

Cassandra's Grace is horribly overrated, a green 50+ +healing will be better and cost a 10th of the price or less. A lot of other pieces (bracers for example) can also be replaced by green ones with +heal.

And probably some more than I can't think of right now.[/SPOILER]

While some green + healing items are better (pre-raid), they are semi rare and aren't easy to find. Keep that in mind while pre-raid gearing. Good rule of thumb is to always check the AH or advertise that you are looking for end game green + healing gear. Cassandra's Grace seems like it's always in the AH, or someone is always selling one which is why most people go for it.

Last edited:
Aim at 300-400 heal while keeping your mana maxed out as much as you can.
Mana regen is not much of an issue at first.

Silent resolve is waste of points, ot lets say very situational in raids. In 5mans obv it has it's uses.

Silent resolve is waste of points, ot lets say very situational in raids. In 5mans obv it has it's uses.

If silent resolve is a waste of a point then what is Martyrdom?
If you get crit in raids you die 90% of the time. If you get crit (hit) in raids something is horribly wrong. Even if you get crit and survive it only has a 50% chance of proccing. Even if you get crit and survive and it proccs the effect is literally worthless since another hit would surely kill you.

4% flat threat reduction might not help much but at least it helps a little, sometimes. Martyrdom is literally worthless.

I used to raid on feenix as a priest in the earlier days of the server (before naxx release), and this was pretty much the go-to spec. There were variations at different gear levels (taking Healing focus for some fights, Mental strength builds when mana pools get higher in later raiding, etc).

One important thing to remember is that Spirit of Redemption actually WORKS on Kronos! On feenix, they never bothered to fix it, so I was accustomed to just skipping it like everyone else.

Use this build as a model, and substitute in for Spirit of Redemption, it should be a staple of any priest. An ability that occurs when you die sucks, yeah, but it gives your entire raid a boon that that 10 seconds of free prayer / greater heal spam and it can mean the difference between victory and death. 100% worth a single point. It also looks crazy cool.

Lightwell is notoriously deemed terrible, but can be great in certain situations. One example is the one dragon (flamegor?) in BWL with the AoE fire ability that stacks. When melee get that magic number of stacks, they can run behind a pillar and use the lightwell while bandaging--the well lasts for three minutes so can be cast pre-fight. The problem is, you either take lightwell or Divine Spirit. Only 1-2 priests need Divine Spirit in your raid technically, so if you work it out with your class, lightwell may be a viable spec for a couple priests.

Also of note if you're a first-time priest: Holy Nova is almost always terrible.

We will have access to DM, so most of the "classic" BiS list can be followed, if you wish so.

Top Bottom