• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Make Maraudon and Sunken Temple lvl60 Dungeons!

Qiyn

Would it be possible to make Mara and ST level 60 dungeons?

Blizzard's rationale for making Mara was to fulfill a need for a dungeon for those in their mid-40s or so. While there was a lack of dungeons in this level range, no one ever ran Mara.

Sunken Temple had a similar issue in that very few ran ST.

Even though i am suggesting for a change from actual vanilla, make these dungeons relevant! It would be a shame to waste developer time working on these dungeons that very few will ever see (and once if they ever go there at all).

Honestly, I'd rather see that they introduced Karazhan as a raid after Naxxramas. People will run Maraudon, seeing to both the quest rewards, end boss drops, and potential nature resistance gear. Sunken temple may be more of a downer considering if it works properly certain stealth classes wont farm there to much, hell the instance lock takes care of that pretty decent as well :biggrin:

But I diverge, to your question: Yes it would be possible. Is it probable: :no:.

You could always move around the loot from other instances.

Is this vanilla-like? Actually, the answer is yes. Having all these databases (with boss strats, loot tables, etc..) already tabulated is not vanilla-like. Outside of Thottbot, it would be good to have some surprises to make it still have the old feeling, and the new feeling!

And i agree, i would love to see a custom raid like 40-man Kara, with the old-Kara design. I just thought that this suggestion would be easier to implement and more relevant for a new server.

Another vanilla private server I played on had this feature. It wasn't bad, its wasn't good either.
The major flaw was that bosses which you could access pretty early had loot from bosses who were almost at the end of the original instance.
Its a cool way to keep low level content active as long as you make sure that all the important items from 5mans are not easier accessible.

Arugal from SFK is such a cool fight and its a pity these encounters lose all their relevance once you reach higher levels.
Even though its not blizzlike (at least for 1.12.1) the idea is okay.

I'd be okay with either dungeon (or both) being bumped up to 60 if the server staff is detecting a problem that changing the instances would solve.

As it stands, I think there's a total of 4 level 58-60 dungeon instances that a normal sized group can jam into at a given time. I'll agree that it IS a pretty low number when compared to later WoW expansions, but I'll leave it to the experts and respect what they want.

Edit - I was counting BRD, Scholo, Strath, and Dire Maul all as single instances. I guess technically Dire Maul is split into 3, and Strath / BRD might qualify as a bit more than one due to their sheer size or separation of wings.

Well its possible to script boss from BLW in Moroudon or something...but its not blizz>
I do the same when was Gm on Another Fun server....WC boss and trash replace with BLW+MC :biggrin:

And what is the next step after customizing Maraudon and ST? A complete new custom dungeon? I would prefer to stay blizzlike and I for myself wouldn't play on a not-blizzlike server.
Besides that: Most classes can solo Maraudon and get some gear (for pala e.g. the shield+sword from tinkerer is BIS gear before MC). And ST will be often done for your class quests since the classquestrewards for some classes are really nice, too. On the other hand with a 1x exp server you have to do every quest wich is there to et to 60 without grinding, so doing all dungeons (including Maraudon and ST) with there quests is a way more attracting way of leveling as grinding is. So I really don't think making those dungeons more "attractive" is not necessary.
And you really can't count only 4 58-60 dungeons. You can easily say that there are 9 (Strat living, Strat undead, Scholo, BRD, LBRS, UBRS, DM west, DM north, DM east). Otherwise you would have to count at the same way in TBC (bota+mecha+alka=1 dungeon eg.) since you have to compare the amount of bosses and the time needed to clear that.

(for pala e.g. the shield+sword from tinkerer is BIS gear before MC)
Totally not the best. Who the hell thinking holy pala need mp5, jesus. It's most useless stat for holy pala. Sword, well, it's decent.

And ye, i'm against remaking of this dungeons.

Last edited:
Totally not the best. Who the hell thinking holy pala need mp5, jesus. It's most useless stat for holy pala. Sword, well, it's decent.

Totally is the best... What offhand should one take besides that? A shield with 5 more int but 4 mp5 less? No thanks. And offhand with spirit and @heal? No thanks.

And what is the next step after customizing Maraudon and ST? A complete new custom dungeon? I would prefer to stay blizzlike and I for myself wouldn't play on a not-blizzlike server.

I understand that it isn't blizzlike. Neither is stopping experience for twinks. Nor is it blizzlike to cap recost gold.

The question should never be "Is it blizzlike?" If someone decides not to play on a server like this for non-blizzlike changes like the ones i listed above, then they would have found a million of other things to make this server seem bad in their eyes, anyways.

The question that should be asked is, "Does this suggestion negatively affect my vanilla experience?" I for one, think it affects the vanilla experience only positively, hence why i suggested it ;). The discourse for this suggestion, and all suggestions, should be answering this question, whether you agree with it or not.

Totally is the best... What offhand should one take besides that? A shield with 5 more int but 4 mp5 less? No thanks. And offhand with spirit and @heal? No thanks.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=11923
And as OH any green shield 45+lvl with random healing enchant. Wisdom blessing give enough mp5 for pala.

With full BH, crit, int gear i'm easily go through full 5 ppl inst almost without mana breaks and always laughing of palas with mp5 who drink every 3-4 packs.

But ofc, ppl play whatever they want, u can stack as much mp5 as u want =)
ps. i'm done with offtopic.

Last edited:
And what is the next step after customizing Maraudon and ST? A complete new custom dungeon?

If they did it well... hell yes!

Edit: Yes to a complete new dungeon, not remade ST/Mara, I think those two serve a purpose even though their drops only compare to the level 60 dungeon drops in rare cases.

Last edited:
I understand that it isn't blizzlike. Neither is stopping experience for twinks. Nor is it blizzlike to cap recost gold.

The question should never be "Is it blizzlike?" If someone decides not to play on a server like this for non-blizzlike changes like the ones i listed above, then they would have found a million of other things to make this server seem bad in their eyes, anyways.

The question that should be asked is, "Does this suggestion negatively affect my vanilla experience?" I for one, think it affects the vanilla experience only positively, hence why i suggested it ;). The discourse for this suggestion, and all suggestions, should be answering this question, whether you agree with it or not.

there's a huge difference between respect cost and redesigning entire dungeons. creating new playable content is about as anti-blizzlike as can be. surely that's not rocket science to realize why it's never going to happen.

Sure - both instances might become irrelevant in late game, but: Maraudon got tons of pretty decent gear even for lvl 60 pre mc. Like hit-ring from princess or mana shield for pally/shaman. In addition don't forget it's also the mayor way gaining NR-gear for AQ beside crafting. Maybe for most players ST is for The class quest and thats it, but back to retail times, we ran maraudon/ST tons of times just because You could find a group for it pretty fast. I think the lack of doing This dungeons is just because of The lack of community size on most private servers. Nice idea to set em on 60 though, but scripting This perfect with scales will take some time. First of all i prefer havin 100% scriptet D1-Dungeons. Isn't that what will make This server unique and we're all truely looking forward to?

Isn't that what will make This server unique and we're all truely looking forward to?

No, i believe every server strives for 100% perfectly scripted instances. And every server has their bugs with the scripting. This is the opposite of unique ;)

I personally am looking for an excellent vanilla experience. I offered this suggestion because i believe it will not negatively affect my vanilla experience. Neither do i believe it will negative affect yours (or anyone elses, for that matter).

there's a huge difference between respect cost and redesigning entire dungeons. creating new playable content is about as anti-blizzlike as can be. surely that's not rocket science to realize why it's never going to happen.

Again, i believe that the argument for or against any suggestion should be: Does it negatively affect my vanilla experience, and why? If you are making arguments about whether or not it existed in retail, then you should at least remain consistent.

Last edited:
Again, i believe that the argument for or against any suggestion should be: Does it negatively affect my vanilla experience, and why? If you are making arguments about whether or not it existed in retail, then you should at least remain consistent.

lol k, i'm not the one advocating funserver, shitlord

I had to search for what a funserver is. Google yielded me this: Wasn't a funserver a server that was completey different from what retail is and other servers are and have a different unqiue experience. Funservers where changing up the world level cap is higher to provide a different leveling twist, There were custom quest/lore to it, Custom areas,Custom Instances, not just a few custom items but basically over 1000's of custom items.
I do not recall ever advocating for a server that follows this definition. Perhaps you are talking about a server one could have fun on? Sure, i definitely advocate for fun servers, then!

If you do not like the suggestion, could you tell me why you do not like it? That's all i'm asking for.

Honestly, I'd rather see that they introduced Karazhan as a raid after Naxxramas.

I love that idea so much!!! That would be smart because I don't think this server will ever upgrade to BC (especially not a forced upgrade) and endgame people would need motivation to keep playing and something to look forward to if you could sit at the level cap indefinitely. I would suggest that at the same time more PvP gear be released to help non raiders not get left behind in PvP. I'd also hope that it wouldn't come out right after Naxx.

I would be really happy if after a while karazhan would be introduced and if they would use some zone that we're left there until later expension (hyjal,Grim batol,northern lordaeron). Because naxx is the end of vanilla and usually after people get bored.

Top Bottom