• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior warrior

hhh

Hello fellow warriors what do you think about blood craze talent for pvp?
Is it useful? Is it pointless? I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter

I'd prefer imp battle shout over it, assuming you have 5k life it regenerates around 25hp/sec(assuming it's always up) and I just don't think that worth it compared to whatever you decide to put in your talent points instead.

I think it's mostly pve talent farming, u learn it, get 2 crusaders or lifesteal chants on weapons with lifesteal proc and gear up valor set for heal bonus with darkmoon heroism trinket. It's totally useless in pvp, imo.

Thank you as well!I'd like to know what you guys think about anger management and piercing owl regarding pvp.
So far i learned through Lharts posts, that the display of anger management is wrong and it works like any other expansions but i'm not sure whether is it really good to pick up (cheer for Lharts) and what about piercing howl?Is it worth it?

imho piercing howl is an absolute must, makes warrior peeling capabilites even better and I find it pretty valuable while chasing

Good to know that, i wasn't really sure about it ,due to my lack of experience in pvp.
Would this spec be "decent" for pvp?
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11226005_1_80230502135251d1105050104c5x

I would switch unbridled wrath for booming voice
I would drop the 1 point in improved hamstring and 1 point in 2H spec for 2 points in improved charge.
That way you can throw up sweeping strikes directly after charging which helps you out immensely vs hunters and warlocks.
Immobilization is overrated in warrior pvp. Your main threat is going to be mages who will be able to blink out of it, hunters who can instantly FD/trap you which lasts longer than the immobilization, and warlocks/spriests who will be able to kill you regardless of you killing them or not.

Very interesting answer i like it thank you very much. Yeah even though i don't have much experience playing wow i also thought about mage being very annoying since a smart one will just use frost nova when you open with charge and use blink when you use intercept (correct me if i'm wrong) but yeah thank you again :)

Very interesting answer i like it thank you very much. Yeah even though i don't have much experience playing wow i also thought about mage being very annoying since a smart one will just use frost nova when you open with charge and use blink when you use intercept (correct me if i'm wrong) but yeah thank you again :)

A mage that's aware of your presence will not allow you to get off the initial charge, as detect magic(unsure)/counterspell(yes) will put you in combat forcing you to find LoS cover (which doesn't protect from R1 blizzard) or blow bloodrage+intercept which puts you at a massive disadvantage cooldown wise.

Even if you do get the initial charge off on a mage, warriors cannot match them cooldown for cooldown, and need to rely on engineering/luck to beat a mage of equal skill.

You need engineering if pvp is going to be your focus.

Yeah i think i read it somewhere about detect magic making you into combat state, i also thought about engineering good to know! Thank you again and for anyone else who want to gives tips feel free to talk

Ye the imp. hamstring is garbage i tested it for myself and it won't proc that often so it is a big waste of 1 TP, better to put it into Imp. charge, which will help you alot when your gear isn't that much good to get 30+ rage from charge and 1st swing, so you can then use Mortal / Sweeps + Hamstring or Pierce Howl.

Last edited:
Thank you as well for answering. I'd like to PvP so that's good to know :)
now what really bothers me is the leveling aspect since , some people claim to level with arms and some claims dual wield fury is the way to go, there's already a topic about that but it didn't really bring any interesting info at least for me hehe. If you want feel free to give your opinion about this matter as well

Thank you as well for answering. I'd like to PvP so that's good to know :)
now what really bothers me is the leveling aspect since , some people claim to level with arms and some claims dual wield fury is the way to go, there's already a topic about that but it didn't really bring any interesting info at least for me hehe. If you want feel free to give your opinion about this matter as well

I preferred fury because it's not limited to weapon specs. It also gets you access to deathwish which is great at sub-60 pvp.

As long as you don't put points into protection, you're fine.

Good to know! Hopefully the other people viewing this topic would add their opinions as well on how to maximize early leveling :p

Arm is better at the start due to improved overpower and anger management. Later fury gets stronger due to self heal and of course enrage. While enrage is the real reason fury works best. Self heal from Blood Thrist is also very good for leveling.

I leveled as arms without any problems but my goal was always to get a best 2-Hander i could get for my lvl. Leveling then was smooth but a bit of time dependant ( it required to run some dungeons for couple of times to get all drops ), i never wanted to get to max lvl asap my goal was to enjoy low lvl quests dungeons etc. so i hit lvl 60 in about 2-3 months but finished almost every zone and quests there except the starting zones. I will follow the same way here aswell since i love the old world zones quests dungeons etc. :)

Edit: I also used consumables to make things even smoother

The guys above me already told the most important things! I will also roll warrior i guess, since i mastered this class and it was my first class on retail.. Not sure about the race yet.

I played with improved hamstring a long time but came to the conclusion, that it is not really helpful, as the ppl already pointed out in this thread.

After all, my personal, favourite PvP-build for warrior is this one:
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11226005_1_8053250203220105c105050104005x

I like the 5% parry and 2% weapon specialization more than 2% parry and 5% specialization, because 3%more dmg dealt with your weapen is not worth 3% less parry. Parry takes out one whole attack you get, which can save your life against melees.

It would be interesting, what the rest of you would say about this issue?!

Last edited:
Thanks Lharts and Rzax for the answers, i could either spec full arms or i could spend some points early in arms (as Lharts said) and then spend the rest in fury mmh...

To moonster i'm not entirely sure about Unbrindled Wrath and the parry talent maxed out, isn't it better to do more damage compared to be a bit more defensive?
[h=3][/h]

so you would take 5/5 parry as well Lharts? Does anger management become useless with good gear? Also about unbrindled wrath is it even worth it compared to booming voice?

No I wouldn't, I just wanted to point out that its not an entirely defensive stat only.

Anger management is a really important talent even in late game. The tooltip may say that it decreases rage decay when infact if generates 1 rage every 3 seconds (beeing 33% less rage decay effectively).

Booming voice is more a PvP talent where Unbridled Wrath really helps you in early and late game PvE since it drastically increases your rage gain. Same goes for Anger Management.

Awesome , i knew about the wrong tooltip of anger management when i read some of your old posts ,but i asked if it became useless since moonster didn't spend a point in it which surprised me.
So far then the arms pvp spec would be like this
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11226005_1_80232502134251e155d104c5x

I'd like to discuss which weapon specialization is better between axe sword and mace (also because i don't know many vanilla weapons or which posses the best attack plus stats)
Everyone who might read this feel free to post i'm looking forward

Last edited:
Weapon spec is personal preference. Although I think axe/spear is the least useful, assuming that DRs work correctly on "random chance CC" and mace spec isn't diminished by initial charges.

I see so mace would be very good then, what's a good mace? I can only think about the legendary mace at the moment also, what do you think about sword spec?

Last edited:
Top Bottom