• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior warrior

I see so mace would be very good then, what's a good mace? I can only think about the legendary mace at the moment also, what do you think about sword spec?

Mace from my point is extremly good as warrior , whiele most people go for axe or sword for more dmg , the random stun can change a fight also is very easy to get a good mace.

sword and axe start to shine with big gear :D

I see! Interesting answer i'd like the other people to express their opinion as well

Sword -> more burst (recklessness + sword proc)
Axe -> more crit on moves like MS or exe
Mace -> random stun which can, like Indaco says, be game changing

Sword -> probably the easiest to aquire. MC random boss drop, Zin and then BRE. All pre-BWL content
Axe -> good craftable with Arcanite Reaper and Nightfall. DTC and Spinal Reaper also solid weapons
Mace -> AV mace, BWL drop (Sulfuras if lucky)

I like the style of swords more thus my preference lies there.
There are just no really good maces till BWL (except Sulfuras). Yes, AV exalted is a 3.8 speed weapon, but with normalization it does not matter as much anymore. I'd take https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=19358 instead if I had the chance.

Take a https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=18822 (slightly better then Nightfall with an effective DPS of 70.6) and then wait what else you can get your hands on.
If you are lucky to get a https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=19854 you pretty much don't have to worry about upgrading for a long time.

Take your race into account. Humans benefit from swords and maces, Orcs from axes. I'd take sword anytime because of the proc, imho an extra attack outweighs any crit or stun.

Take your race into account. Humans benefit from swords and maces, Orcs from axes. I'd take sword anytime because of the proc, imho an extra attack outweighs any crit or stun.

thats debatable a crit + a sword proc crit is nice , but without crit a white for 400 dmg is not that great.

whiele a stun at right time it allow you a free autoattack and a same time it block your enemy

Thanks again Lharts for the detailed answer, it was really helpful. I'd like to ask something else about something way more basic like stats and how to see whether a weapon is better compared to another one.
I know that warriors should aim for strenght but what about agility? Also are there any other things to take into consideration, whether a weapon is an upgrade or not (apart from the dps tooltip which i'm not even sure)
Thanks to Psojed for answering this topic

Last edited:
thats debatable a crit + a sword proc crit is nice , but without crit a white for 400 dmg is not that great.

whiele a stun at right time it allow you a free autoattack and a same time it block your enemy

That's not debatable, that's a given.
- Axe spec gives crit, so your 400 autoattack can crit for 800.
- Mace spec gives you stun chance so you might, or might not land another autoattack, because your next autoattack is delayed by your current attack speed.
- Sword spec proc gives you an instant extra attack, coming together with your previous attack, so it's burst damage. While you don't stun your enemy, the damage is guaranteed to be dealt with your triggering attack.

So unless you have 0% crit chance, your damage possibilities are like this:
Axe 400-800
(1. noncrit 2. crit)
Mace 400-400-800-800-800-1200-1200-1600
(1. noncrit+nonproc, 2. noncrit+proc+not landing a second hit (enemy blinks, insignia, immune, you get stunned during mace stun or whatever), 3. noncrit+proc+landing a second noncrit, 4. crit+nonproc 5. crit+proc+not landing a second hit, 6. crit+proc+landing a second noncrit, 7. noncrit+proc+landing a second crit, 8. crit+proc+landing a second crit)
Sword 400-800-800-1200-1200-1600
(1. noncrit+nonproc, 2. crit+nonproc, 3. noncrit+proc noncrit, 4. crit+proc noncrit, 5. noncrit+proc crit, 6. crit+proc crit)

This is not counting in that someone else can come and heal your enemy or stun/disarm/sap/fear/mindcontrol/coil/poly you, in which case your delayed mace attack gets removed. Thus I value the instant burst damage even higher. Also not counting in there's a crit cap. And for PvE, go find yourself some old calculations.

Eh, the crit cap really only affects PvE situations. I am of the opinion that sword spec is the best regardless, as proccing sword spec off of hamstring is infinitely better than seeing an extra 40 damage from the critical strike.

I'd be more favorable to mace spec if I knew that stuns reset your opponents swing timer (making it devastating vs zinrokh/arcanite reapers/etc), but I'm not sure if thats the case in vanilla.

But this is coming from an alliance warrior's perspective, I'm not sure how hard up Horde warriors get since they have access to windfury

re: weapon dps upgrades
when it comes to duel wielding in pve, first check the dps, and then check the stats of the weapon in question.

For example:

comparing Perdition's Blade vs Dragonfang Blade as a main hander.
http://database.feenixserver.com/index.php?item=18816
http://database.feenixserver.com/index.php?item=19346

Perd's blade has 3 more DPS over dragonfang blade, so you'd assume at first glance it'd be superior, but that isn't the case. the 16 agility even after the soft crit cap will net you greater dps, as that's a little below 1% crit. What you lose in white damage, you will more than make up for in yellow damage.

2H weapons are a little different, but as long as you have a high dps 2 hander with a slow swing speed, you'll be fine. Speed is relevant in pvp, not so much in pve.

Entry level weapons for pvp are the demonshear, the nicker, and arcanite reaper if you've got a massive wallet.

Last edited:
Oh man you've been so helpful since the beginning,thank you so much i really appreciated all this well written info now i'm just eager to try the mace spec vs the sword one!

Too much theorycraft :D at end each warrior spec is based on which weampon he got :D

Thanks to both, say ironvervousides what would you pick between the two sword that Lhartz linked? Just curious because one has strenght plus while the other has attack power

By the way i saw alot arms warriors in pve, but of course on the horde side with windfurry totem, its really amazing. You spam mortal strike and whirlwind on cooldown and in the meantime you spam harmstring to proc wf even more. In mc and bwl arms was topping meters in my guild. (emerald dream tho so dont know if it was bugged or something)

By the way i saw alot arms warriors in pve, but of course on the horde side with windfurry totem, its really amazing. You spam mortal strike and whirlwind on cooldown and in the meantime you spam harmstring to proc wf even more. In mc and bwl arms was topping meters in my guild. (emerald dream tho so dont know if it was bugged or something)

It works for hordeside, so long as your guild leader is okay with Mortal strike taking up a debuff slot.

31/5/15 spec is really good. you can tweak it around a little.

That is a great spec, however with respec costs capped at 10g per swing, I don't see why you would choose a hybrid spec over a pure one. You can tank everything up until MC without issue with a dps spec.

And pvping without piercing howl is suffering/impossible depending on your ping

Top Bottom