• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please both parts of the community - Two servers

Tormenting

Been thinking about this since the kronos community is so torn up about these suggestions, especially on the xp rates as you can see in this thread:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86588-What-Experience-Rates-You-Prefer

Why not both?

semi-fun server: for the people who have been on multiple vanilla servers before (Emerald Dream, Rebirth, old Kronos) and are just simply tired of leveling and want to get to late game as soon as possible with:
Character auctions, 0-12 Optional XP boosts, Instant level 60, Cash shop at their disposal

I play on this server for the late game experience. I'd let Chero rape me with a tire iron if it would mean playing on this server. Twice if it meant playing here without leveling.​

Blizzlike server: for the players who want to play vanilla because of nostalgia and the way they remember it from 2004-2006 (or as you call it purists) Because i can promise you a big chunk of the community is sadly gona go for an alternative
Nostalrius Begins
- majority of players desire to go back to Vanilla

• 1x - 63.65%
  • 1-2x - 19.88%
  • 1-3x - 21.29%
  • 1-7x - 7.63%
  • 1-12x - 7.23%

Instead of pleasing only one part of the community.. why not both?

Last edited:
I don't want cash shop tho. I just want that blizzlike level 60 experience, just couldn't care less for leveling. Also the community is small enough as it is already, no use in dividing it even further. Not even feenix-Al''akir has a big population (anymore). If Chero(and the majority of this community) thinks 1x rates are the way to go, I will have to level on 1x rates. Low-level dungeons are fun I guess.

No matter how much you cry and/or beg for increased rates, there wont be any. This server WILL be as pure as it can get. If you want, you can try out some fun servers, but dont try to f. up this server with that noobish level rate crap.
If you cant take the leveling, you shouldnt play Vanilla at all or else you will QQ your way through.

No matter how much you cry and/or beg for increased rates, there wont be any. This server WILL be as pure as it can get. If you want, you can try out some fun servers, but dont try to f. up this server with that noobish level rate crap.
If you cant take the leveling, you shouldnt play Vanilla at all or else you will QQ your way through.

Not sure if troll or retarded :rolleyes2:

I want a 1x Personally, but the people who don't want to level have been posting in drones on the Xp rate thread even though the people who want to play a pure server are an obvious majority and facepalming almost every post that argues against increased rates and making childish remarks
No, better make it 0,1x so that we really enjoy the vanilla experience durrr, right?
which are derailing the thread even though Chero made it clear

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - ALL DISCUSSION WILL BE REMOVED

So i made a suggestion on giving them what they wanted while also letting us have our clean server. read the post next time :lol:

making childish remarks
goris said:

Oh hell no!
I wasn't the person who started implying that people who want 2x rates secretly want instant 60s. I just used his own argumentation to point out how stupid that was. Needless to say, he didn't get it. If you want to quote somebody as making childish remarks, I suggest you read the thread next time.

This is a bad idea. We will be glad if we will have enough of players on one server, second server imho will be just silly suicide.

Btw, Nostalrius is maybe good server /better than others/ but I really doubt that is better than Kronos.
I just looked at their stress test videos... 5000, or how, of server(!) player bots looks really cool, but it hasn't got anything together with server performance and stability. It's just like 5000 spawned NPCs, nothing more.
If is also their other proclaims just PR foolishness like this, I wish just GL and HF to their players. God with them.

Last edited:
Oh hell no!
I wasn't the person who started implying that people who want 2x rates secretly want instant 60s. I just used his own argumentation to point out how stupid that was. Needless to say, he didn't get it. If you want to quote somebody as making childish remarks, I suggest you read the thread next time.

Secretly implying that people want instant 60? try reading it again with glasses perhaps this time, the top post with a special Quote with it. Also on the topic of derailing a thread goris.. again :huh:

THIS IS A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT OPENING TWO SERVERS

Maybe i will have more luck than Chero did :lol:

If you try to please everyone you will never be happy yourself.
Additionally it is hardly ever possible to please everyone at the same time.

Its a good thing that the community tries to find compromises. I just don't see them working. One side simply has to take a hit.

Blizzlike server: for the players who want to play vanilla because of nostalgia and the way they remember it from 2004-2006 (or as you call it purists) Because i can promise you a big chunk of the community is sadly gona go for an alternative
Nostalrius Begins

Can you explain me what could be more nostalgic/better about the nostalrius? Besides the name resembling the word more.

Can you explain me what could be more nostalgic/better about the nostalrius? Besides the name resembling the word more.

I don't want to promote Nostalrius, but if Kronos would be doing these altered XP rates many players would flock to Nostalrius as they have made it their primary goal to stay as true to vanilla as possible while offering the same quality as Kronos (though they will give characters back that were used in beta and so on that i don't like)

Whether they are lying or telling the truth about quality, just simply by being true to the vanilla spirit they already grab a huge chunk of the players which i don't want.

So instead of loosing those players that want real vanilla experience why not compensate both groups?

Secretly implying that people want instant 60? try reading it again with glasses perhaps this time, the top post with a special Quote with it.
I don't even know what are you talking about. It looks like its a response to my post, but I have no idea what are you trying to tell me. I read it with glasses. If you are serious, link me the post you want me to re-read, with glasses ofc and I will re-read it.

Also on the topic of derailing a thread goris.. again :huh:
1.What?
2.I wasn't even going to bother replying to this thread, because anyone with half a brain knows it's a bad idea, but then I saw you quoting me.
3.You can't bring something up, out of context even, and then dismiss direct responses you don't like as derailing the thread. That's not how discussions work.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT OPENING TWO SERVERS
OPENING TWO SERVERS IS STUPID, AS HAS ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT BY OTHERS oh hey, my Caps key works too

Prepare your glasses - You even upvoted this post

I play on this server for the late game experience. I'd let Chero rape me with a tire iron if it would mean playing on this server. Twice if it meant playing here without leveling.

OPENING TWO SERVERS IS STUPID, AS HAS ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT BY OTHERS oh hey, my Caps key works too

I was hinting at this post, which had as much effect on you.

Just for curiosity, I'm asking you to select your preferred experience rate.

YOU HAVE MULTIPLE CHOICES

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD - ALL DISCUSSION WILL BE REMOVED
And it seems i had same luck as Chero with you :lol:

2.I wasn't even going to bother replying to this thread, because anyone with half a brain knows it's a bad idea

If this is the best you can contribute to discussions than thats okay but can you show some maturity and let people discuss it like grown ups?

Here is a great example for you how to discuss a topic

If you try to please everyone you will never be happy yourself.
Additionally it is hardly ever possible to please everyone at the same time.

Its a good thing that the community tries to find compromises. I just don't see them working. One side simply has to take a hit.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say goris it will start making people skip your posts:whistling:

This is my last attempt to make this thread get back on the topic of "Pleasing both communities" if you have a better idea than opening two servers, you are free to let us know.

OK, Now I get it. I still think you either misunderstood me, or intentionally chose to ignore the more childish quote because it supports your opinion on what the rates should be, BUT whatever.

As for contributing to the discussion, of course I can do better. I'm just a bit surprised that this even has to be discussed. The first two attempts at Kronos failed, because they were not populated enough. I can't even pretend to remember the exact peak values, but be sure that online population was nowhere near approaching the 1k mark. We all expect that the third time it will be better (one joker even believes in the 10k-100k range :lol:) but we have no way of knowing how much better.
Video views are nice, page visits are nice too, but both are poor indicators of the real online numbers on Kronos a few months after release. To elaborate on that, i direct your attention to the first paragraph of this post, which provides an example of great looking numbers meaning less than shit. For the staff to start feeling super-successfull and getting greedy with expecting enough population to support two realms would be a big mistake. The population is the most important factor of a wow realm that wants to succeed and last and dividing it up even before we know how many people will actually play here is stupid.
Creating two realms would, by the way, not stop the endless discussions about different preferrences of various groups. You would silence some of those who want higher xp rates, but the discussion would continue with some wanting only 2x rates and others wanting 10x rates or whatever. And it would also provide excellent foundations for cross-realm guilds flaming each other because the highrate guild killed some boss first and the other usual crap. And your 2x levelled rank 14 is shit compared to my BLIZZLIKE RANK 14... etc

P.S. You really don't need to repeadetly quote Chero to me, he knows very well where the delete button is and so far, he's only used it once, when I quoted him in that thread trying to tell people to quit discussing their choices, sort of.
I am usually not the one who starts discussions and I won't take "I can't defend myself, so let me quote the boss saying you shouldn't reply to me" as a reasonable argument in a discussion started by someone else.

I saw the post title and thought this would be a "make one server PvP and a second server that's PvE".

I'm so disappointed. Go x1 rates or go home.

1x = 63.69%
1-2x = 20.33%
1-3x = 21.37%
1-7x = 7.68%
1-12x = 7.26%

I didn't know you could have more than 100%....

but the people who don't want to level .... = lazy kids and mongoloids, go back play Dota or LoL then, RigorMortisBrain

Same lol i just copy pasted it, no idea how that ended up being above 100%:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the post title and thought this would be a "make one server PvP and a second server that's PvE".

I'm so disappointed. Go x1 rates or go home.

1x <3, but i'd rather have these ez-life players have their own server instead of potentially making it 2x or above on one server for all

The high level stuff works pretty decent on Feenix, so the main selling point of this server is the leveling. I noticed that in the poll most of the people who didn't want x1 speed wanted x2 or x3 speed so for those two reasons I find the suggestion that the second realm be x12 speed to be pretty much ridiculous. The people who want a x2 or x3 realm want other people to level at their pace still so a x12 speed realm with optional x2 speed wouldn't please them very much.

Besides no ones ever made a x2 or x3 realm before, so this could be a major selling point for switching to Kronos generally. People who have leveled on ED already maybe want a better server but think that they have already put in their time and don't want to switch just to start all over again. And people who just can't quite deal with the idea of doing the longest grind WoW ever had would like the idea of 2 or 3 times speed and not the crazy game breaking 12-14 times speeds, in retail it takes very little time to reach the max level at this point but it's balanced at least, and it's a fair amount slower than 10x speed would be.

If people are sure a server has working scripts and that it will release naxx eventuall the rates are really not important. Kronos needs to show it off.

Small one server project often fail due to legal, financial and/or ddos problems. Kronos is part of Twinstar.

People don't want to see their time investment go to waste on a server that goes offline or where development stalls.

Last edited:
1x = 63.69%
1-2x = 20.33%
1-3x = 21.37%
1-7x = 7.68%
1-12x = 7.26%

I didn't know you could have more than 100%....

Same lol i just copy pasted it, no idea how that ended up being above 100%:lol:

It was a multiple-choice poll. That means that one voter could have selected more than one options. That's how it ended up with 498 individual voters and 596 votes. So yes, more than 100% is perfectly OK, because the percentages are calculated for voters, not votes. Ex.: 63% of people selected 1x among other options. But they could have (and some did) selected other options, like x2, too.

Actually, only 53% of total votes were for x1 rates.

Top Bottom