• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Some Improvements

Otherguylb

Authorized
Hello Everyone,

I share the sentiment that vanilla was brilliant and all that stuff. But what if we make a server that will have few minor modifications? We can vote on such things obviously.

The few things I can just remember that were annoying are these:

1) Sap and Polymorph were just too long. You could be literally be annoying(and nothing more), just sap someone in BG-s for full 30+ seconds and it was not even dispellable. At least polymorph and traps can be dispelled, but what about Sap? Crowd Control is good and useful but with reasonable duration.

2) I know it's a pvp server but what about making a rule that one could not attack a gray colored(10+ levels lower) player on his own unless he was attacked first.

I can't remember any more just now, but we can add more as other people comment too. I doubt such things would remove "vanilla feeling" but on the contrary - make it more enjoyable.

P.S. The fact that Rogues could exit combat while dueling, is this a bug or is it normal? It was pain to duel rogues when they exited combat all the time and used cheap shot for ages. It's nothing serious, but wanted to ask here.

1) Sap and Polymorph were just too long. You could be literally be annoying(and nothing more), just sap someone in BG-s for full 30+ seconds and it was not even dispellable. At least polymorph and traps can be dispelled, but what about Sap? Crowd Control is good and useful but with reasonable duration.

From which server are you? :p

P.S. The fact that Rogues could exit combat while dueling, is this a bug or is it normal? It was pain to duel rogues when they exited combat all the time and used cheap shot for ages. It's nothing serious, but wanted to ask here.

They exit combat if you do nothing to them, as well as other classes...

I can say that no such changes will happen here.

From which server are you? :p

They exit combat if you do nothing to them, as well as other classes...

I can say that no such changes will happen here.

I'm not 100% certain, but 1.6 patch notes list
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.6.0
"You are considered in combat for the entire duration of a duel."

This doesn't sound right to me as I think I remember warriors at least getting a charge off.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.5.0
Also says you can't switch inventory gear while dueling, but zyzz, father of aesthetics, proves that wrong at 1:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJyABDmDYM

which was taken sometime post 1.7.

It seems to me like blizzard had some bugs of their own that no one ever called out. I hope it remains untouched, personally.

Interesting comments. At first this is not only about rogues. If rogues can apply slow poision to warriors then just stay at exactly 7 yard range not to get intercepted, seems like they restealth soon. Same applies to mages who polymorph you and then start eating and drinking. Patch notes say they should not be able to do that.

About sap - I don't know, does not sap have 30 second duration on players?

5-8 kiting is a form of art. Intimidating Shout is a thing, by the way. Can't say much bout polymorph, but I've never had sap last more than, say, about 10 seconds on peenix. And there were heartbeat resists.

Interestingly enough, heartbeat resist wasn't implemented until TBC
Nah, dude, just no. Watch Vurtne's videos, in his first one he has his polys last for 15 seconds tops. I suppose that patchnotes don't mean that heartbeat resists are a new mechanic, they just state that the longest CC in PvP can last is 12 seconds, but it might be even less because of said resists.

Nah, dude, just no. Watch Vurtne's videos, in his first one he has his polys last for 15 seconds tops. I suppose that patchnotes don't mean that heartbeat resists are a new mechanic, they just state that the longest CC in PvP can last is 12 seconds, but it might be even less because of said resists.

If you broke into my house at night and slapped me in the face and asked me if I thought heartbeat resist was a vanilla mechanic, I'd blurt out "yes", but I'm not so sure now after reading those patch notes.

If you can find the video you're talking about, we can maybe see why it lasted as long as you claim it does, but as for blizz mentioning old mechanics in new patch notes? There's no analog.

This would explain why rocket helm lasts 30 seconds in pvp videos though.

• Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): There is no longer a random chance the effect of "Sap" will end (i.e. removed the heartbeat resist check). The effect will still end early when the target is damaged.
  • Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.

And this is about polymorph:

• Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): Duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.
  • / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): In PvP, Crowd Control effects will last no longer than 12 seconds instead of the full duration, with a chance of a heartbeat resist. Casting a lower rank polymorph on a target that is already under the effect of a higher rank will cause an error message and not consume mana.
  • Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Charm and Polymorph mechanics can now be reactively countered by spells and abilities (e.g. Druid Shapeshifting will now cancel Polymorph effects)

As you see, up to 2.01 patch it was possible for polymorph to last longer than 12 seconds.

If you broke into my house at night and slapped me in the face and asked me if I thought heartbeat resist was a vanilla mechanic, I'd blurt out "yes", but I'm not so sure now after reading those patch notes.

If you can find the video you're talking about, we can maybe see why it lasted as long as you claim it does, but as for blizz mentioning old mechanics in new patch notes? There's no analog.

This would explain why rocket helm lasts 30 seconds in pvp videos though.
Can find that no problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4MWr2Z5XU
Poly starts at 10:06, ends at 10:23 = 17 seconds
Poly starts at 18:01, ends at 18:14 = 13 seconds
And many more examples.
PvE duration of poly is what? 50 seconds, was it? Obvious case of heartbeat resists right here.

Can find that no problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4MWr2Z5XU
Poly starts at 10:06, ends at 10:23 = 17 seconds
Poly starts at 18:01, ends at 18:14 = 13 seconds
And many more examples.
PvE duration of poly is what? 50 seconds, was it? Obvious case of heartbeat resists right here.

Looks like average CC of long duration abilities was around 15+ seconds, and blizzard tightened it to 12 seconds as the maximum topend in TBC. Rockethelm apparently was changed to reflect that policy in 1.11, which explains why most pvp videos have the 30 second disable.

Top Bottom