• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What about the "after" Kronos?

Ratziel

I would like to ask: what the future after you have cleaned all the contents of version 1.12.1? On Nostalrius they are also prepared for this possibility: they have put in a program server 2.4.3 which will be released after giving the opportunity to all players to finish all the contents of version 1.12.1, and in which you can copy all characters of Vanilla server and continue playing TBC. Are you planning a similar thing here on Kronos, or you have other intentions for the future?

Not possible right now, but who knows what the future holds, bored people having fully maxed out characters takes 2+ years easy, a lot of things might change

Last edited:
nostalrius seems to think it's very easy to make a good tbc realm, makes me wonder what corecraft has been up to the last few years.

Also if you copy a character all its vanilla gear won't help much in outland. And you would need an instant lvl 58 function anyway because few people would bother leveling x1 from scratch on a tbc server.

Last edited:
Family is overrated. Screw social standards, i will make my own! With blackjack and hookers.
It is too soon to think about it, but i would like to enjoy Vanilla and TBC in most proper way.

This is just my humble opinion so don't think i want to troll. But, can you please stop with this Nostalrius comparing? When did Nostalrius became flagship of vanilla servers?
And to topic: time will tell. And i think that it will be very simple to copy a char from Twinstar vanilla server to Twinstar TBC server. So when the right time comes make this thread again and i assure you many might think the same, including me.
My angry tone comes from all this waiting till release, so nothing personal.

Yeah RL sucks, i once tried to get money just like people in wow, i ran around my city completely naked and i yelled please gimme money! Didnt last very long.

If i remember well, Chero once sayed, that he didn't thougt that far away. But assuming, that Twinstar have pretty good TBC, WotLK and Cata core at it's disposal, and that they already have maded relatively smooth transition from WotLK to Cata, It should not be problem to continue to with the TBC If Community will demand that. But first, we need vanilla up and running before we can think about what to do next.

Why should someone. Slow progress for 15+devs. 10k traffic (30% of it being french), and dead forums

I know its been said on other threads, but Nostalrius is going to allow beta testers to have 60's on realm opening... uh wtf? I can't even begin to describe the absolute auto-win that is. I took about 5 minutes looking at this server weeks ago and lost interest immediately upon seeing that. For all the complaints about being able to buy characters that were legitimately leveled to support an awesome realm instead of a random scam site, Nostalrius fan boys have some explaining to do. :)

Thread derailing time? Thread derailing time.

Imo, Nostalrius has the potential to become the next big vanilla server, and so does Kronos. From my observations, though, there's quite a bit more Kronos hate on their forums then Nostalrius hate on this forum, and you'd do yourself a favor by not becoming like them and blindly hating on their server. You say they going to give out free 60's to testers (which is actually very debatable, AFAIK admins stated that they're going to consider doing it several months after release, and would only do that if the current community will aprove, which I sure it will not), they say Kronos is a funserver that's going to have x2+ rates and p2w (guess I don't need to tell you how wrong is that). Maybe it'd work out better for both servers if both communities would stop going rеtаrd.

It would be better if their community wouldn't use our forum or corecrafts forum as a platform to advertise their server.

After Kronos? I quit vanilla wow for good.

Mind directing me towards some of the advertising posts? Or do they all get deleted? I don't recall seeing any, though I don't think I read 100% of the forums.

OMG stop talking about them !
moderate guyz...
What is this, Soviet Union in 30's? Can only talk either bad or nothing about "big bad enemy" server? Discussing the comptetion is fine and perfectly reasonable, this ain't Feenix where mentioning other server's name gets you permabanned.

OMG stop talking about them !
moderate guyz...

Censoring discussion is very different from censoring advertisement, discussion should be promoted and not frowned upon.

The minute Twinstar starts censoring inconvenient discussions we should all start considering moving somewhere else, there's a fine line between censorship and dictatorship, it would just show Twinstar staff are intolerant to any discussion out of their comfort zone, which might lead to unfair post deletion, bans, and general asshole'ness like Feenix apparently is.

Censorship is needed, because we are on Kronos forum, talking about Kronos.

If you want to speak of another server, do it on their forum. Nothing to do with soviet union, people can speak of everything, but not everywhere.

And as you may have noticed, Kronos Devs are very liberal so you can talk about other projects here as long as you don't provide direct links to their sites.

I think it's a good thing to talk about stuff other projects do fine. Gives a little competition and one more reason to maybe fix that little issue sooner rather than later. And perhaps you can pick up a good idea here and there.

I'm not sure how I feel about progression in a Vanilla server, and what happens when progression is at its limits. Honestly, a lot of Vanilla servers struggle to get more players at some point because all the new 60's have to compete against people and are surrounded by people in t2.5 and t3. It's kinda demotivating I guess, I dunno.

I'm not sure if I'd be okay with this idea, but either the server wipes itself after a certain amount of time, or instead of a full wipe, a 2nd server opens up and your characters are transferred over there, perhaps retaining level so you don't have to relevel, and your items are wiped and you are left with some bags, some pocket change, and some rudimentary equipment. And you start back through progression. Whatever just random thoughts. The more I type the more I dislike the idea.

Top Bottom