• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

At what percent will the sever launch?

Surely not 100%, since Naxxramas and Ahn'qiraj won't be completed, nor available, at launch. Around 95% I'd guess.

There was some discussion on this tread about it : http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88421-Progress-bar

There have been numerous posts that the server will launch before the progress bar hits 100%. It will likely it will never hit 100% because something always needs to get fixed.

So at what progress will the server release at? I think the general consensus is possibly during 90-95%. Because it will launch long before any of the major raids are completely finished.

There was some discussion on this tread about it : http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88421-Progress-bar

There have been numerous posts that the server will launch before the progress bar hits 100%. It will likely it will never hit 100% because something always needs to get fixed.

So at what progress will the server release at? I think the general consensus is possibly during 90-95%. Because it will launch long before any of the major raids are completely finished.

Yup, that would be my guess as well

Dude.. stop.. 85? Im already too hyped for this. xD

85% is not realistic. All the dungeons MUST be at 100% at launch, so if you calculate how much all the dungeons at 100% will move the progress bar, that will be at least 8% on the overall progress. 83 -> 91. It's ok to be hyped, but be realistic. So if you want all the dungeons, classes and battlegrounds to be at 100% at launch, that's going to be around 95%.

Every time I see Chero is online I expect news update or an answer in one of these threads, like now.:biggrin:

85% is not realistic. All the dungeons MUST be at 100% at launch, so if you calculate how much all the dungeons at 100% will move the progress bar, that will be at least 8% on the overall progress. 83 -> 91. It's ok to be hyped, but be realistic. So if you want all the dungeons, classes and battlegrounds to be at 100% at launch, that's going to be around 95%.

Actually from what I understand from the devs posts, for example what filvorja said: "You see these numbers are arbitrary. 95% means that the class is in a really good condition, yet may still have some flaws. Undiscovered or not yet fixed issues for example."

95% might just be the maximum because there can always be more bugs that have not been discovered yet. The only exception is Warsong Gulch but no idea why. So at release 95% would be with everything known fixed (even AQ, Naxx, Scourge Invasion etc.) Therefore it should be less than 95% on release day (if I had to guess it would be around 90%) OR I might be totally wrong :biggrin: It seems logical though...

Warsong Gulch itself is pretty simple...there arent that many quests associated with it and as long as you can't exploit the BG (all possible exploits are known thanks to retail) and the power ups or flag carrying isn't bugged...then there really isn't that much too it.

AB and Warsong are completly done. AB also has the mobs running arround on caps and several flag bugs solved.
The only battleground which still needs some love is AV.

There are 46 bars total. Let's assume that everything will be at 95%, except WG (100% already), AQs, Naxx, Scourge Invasion, Screpter of the Shifting Sands, War Effort. This assumption is logical, because every bar is rounded to 5% now, so there shouldn't be any 97% or 99%. We have (95*39+70+60+25+1+100+85+90)/46~=89.91~=90% average on release.

P.S. Numbers are very gumanitarian, that's why all calculations are senseless in fact :)

Were those posts by devs? Haven't followed these topics much.

Couldn't the percentages mean launch ready? As in when something reaches 100% it's deemed good enough for the moment and doesn't necessarily mean it's bug free or perfect. And therefore the server won't launch until everything is at 100% (except for the parts which will be released later I guess)

I'm genuinely asking because I've been thinking that by default till now. Because admins confidence to release is a more tangible goal as opposed to perfect Blizzlike state, which will never get to 100% anyway. That other reasoning sounds like those scenarios where teachers won't give max points on a test "because nobody is perfect". Well that's "informative" (not to mention irritating and condescending)...

How can people get irritated about a simple concept? Staff does not claim to be 100% blizzlike cause thats delusional. They give you an estimate on how close to the real thing this server will be. There is nothing condescending about it. They just don't want to go the same route of every other private server and blatantly lie to their own community.

100% fully working all dungeons scripted best no bug all perfect every spell talent questitem working real experience 1x rates scripts

90%+, cause some content is missing on launch, is more then realistic.

I got carried away there. I didn't accuse of them being condescending, if those bars measure Blizzlike scripting. Because they already have claimed one aspect of the game as 100% Blizzlike.

I hope they wait a bit, because my home computer has taken a dump on me, and it's going to be a minute until I can get the funds together to part together a new one.

Yeah, if you could just go ahead and delay Kronos until I'm back from Italy, that'd be great.

The thread you linked to is about setting up the client. Nothing in there even mentions a possible release in the near future.

edit: It got posted by a tester. Seems to me like someone did this tutorial on their own to help the staff out a little.

Last edited:
Personally I'm starting to be slightly worried about the launch : the hype was generated for the end of 2014. One month late would have been fine, but if it doesn't come out in Febuary I fear that we'll lose a lot of people. And if we launch after Nostalrius does, the population will most likely be far below our expectations. A lot of people on Nostalrius forums say they're going to roll on whichever launches first (personally I won't even bother rolling there, I'm not interested since I have no sympathy for their community).

I'm really starting to think Kronos should just make sure most of the low lvl content works (as in lvl 1-40 or something, or the most important dungeons between 1-60) and launch as soon as possible. We really could dodge a bullet right there.

Yep, alot on their forum, not on ours.
The only thing that could really hurt is becoming CoreCraft 2.0.

I heard of CC on this forum first. I checked their forums and it seems, that CC has been in development for years, and people still try to hype it. And literally no one knows when will the server be ready. People throw numbers around, like "it will launch in 3-4 months", and still nothing after 6 months. It's funny : )

The thread you linked to is about setting up the client. Nothing in there even mentions a possible release in the near future.

edit: It got posted by a tester. Seems to me like someone did this tutorial on their own to help the staff out a little.

ohhhh /facepalm - did not see this :)

Personally I'm betting on 90%ish, since 100% won't be initially possible at first with undiscovered bugs lingering. 90% here is about 180% compared to other servers.

Top Bottom