• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Character Auction

Szabinger

I've read on /r/wowservers, that Kronos will have character auctions, which allows players to buy lvl60 characters. I'm just curious if it's true at all.

Not this shit again...
People like to be morons. They enjoy it so much that they do it every day. Anyways...

The auction works like this:
Player A can put a character up there (at least level 20)
Player B,C,D,... can bet on that character
-> who ever wins gets it to his account.

Characters don't appear out of thin air. Players actually have to level them. Characters stay the same, only the owner changes.

Now what happens if Twinstart wouldn't offer this?
Chars and accounts get traded over the black market with the possibility to scam someone. Wtih Twinstars system you can't scam anyone and also support the server. Everyone wins.

Would you be able to buy a 60 without leveling it?
Could happen. It is more then unlikely though. Noone in their right mind would put his character up there once hes done cause you can't get any finicial benefit from it.

Let me elaborate:
A player levels his character to 60 on ED. He gets bored and plans to quit the game. Why not make a bit of cash with it and sell it for real money? Done.
Now do the same here. You hit 60 and get bored. Put the character on Twinstars auction and get nothing back then virtual currency from a Project you will no longer play on. Whoopdiedoo.
Which of both is more likely to happen?

tl;dr version
Yes, there will be a character autction, but the system can not be exploited and character are legitimately leveled.
The system prevents scams and helps to support the server financially.
Getting a 60 character is more then unlikely.
The narrow-minded people on /r/wowservers don't know shit what they are talking about and interpret this thing completely wrong.
Believe it or not, its no problem. I don't understand why some people try to make it one.

Last edited:
Yes and no. Twinstars features a system which allows players to sell their own characters to other players for twinstar coins. If you want a level 60 character, you have to find someone who sells his first. It's a system to prevent account trading on shady websites and to allow people who grew tired of their characters and don't have the time to level again to switch class/faction by trying to sell their toon and to buy another. All you can do with the coins you earn in an auction is spending them in another auction, so it's nothing but a character swap, which happen on every private server, usually secretly.
Nothing will be created ex nihilo, all characters have to be leveled by someone, all gear has to be earned. Personally, I highly doubt that we will see a significant amount of auctions on Kronos.

First of all, I didn't mean this post to induce panic of accuse anyone of anything, I was just curious. Also, this extra explanation could help others, who stumble upon this info on other sites, to understand how this works. Personally, it seems like a fair feature.

A player levels his character to 60 on ED. He gets bored and plans to quit the game. Why not make a bit of cash with it and sell it for real money? Done.
Now do the same here. You hit 60 and get bored. Put the character on Twinstars auction and get nothing back then virtual currency from a Project you will no longer play on. Whoopdiedoo.
Which of both is more likely to happen?

So what prevents people from selling their Twinstar accounts for real money on shady websites? I'm not a fan of account buying / selling, but if it is only possible to sell your characters for Twinstar virtual currency with this feature there will still be people who turn to the black market to make real money out of it. At least that is what i think that will happen. This feature can come in handy when you want to trade characters, but i fear that you can never avoid people trying to sell or buy for real currency on a black market.

As i am new to here also, i would like to know more about this, just info. How someone get those virtual coins? What you can do with that virtual coins? Just bid on character auctions?

thx

So what prevents people from selling their Twinstar accounts for real money on shady websites? I'm not a fan of account buying / selling, but if it is only possible to sell your characters for Twinstar virtual currency with this feature there will still be people who turn to the black market to make real money out of it. At least that is what i think that will happen. This feature can come in handy when you want to trade characters, but i fear that you can never avoid people trying to sell or buy for real currency on a black market.

I guess nothing prevents that. You can even sell your account on retail.

Of course you didn't have bad intentions and I am sorry if I sounded harsh. I'm just fed up with the whole fuzz about it.

Well yeah, mudkipz, you are right.

How someone get those virtual coins?
The virtual coins are actually called stars here. You get them by donating money through paypal. 1€=37,5 stars
You can also get them by participating in custom ingame events led by gamemasters. That only applies to the datadisk realms though. And maybe not even all of them.

What you can do with that virtual coins? Just bid on character auctions?

thx
You can
-bid on characters in the character auction
-buy non-combat donate items like pets or tabards
-buy a change of your character's name/race/faction
(race and faction change probably won't be available from the start, the staff plans to implement them though)

Edit
links:
https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Donate/DonateHelp.aspx
https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Auction/Manual.aspx
you need to create a game account to acces them, but that shouldn't be a problem as you would eventually need that anyway

Last edited:
As i am new to here also, i would like to know more about this, just info. How someone get those virtual coins? What you can do with that virtual coins? Just bid on character auctions?

thx

You can buy old non available mount or the collector edition pets, and use services like character rename and obv. the auction system.

But like i said a few times before, i really dont belive there will many auctions available, especially direct after release.. Why should anyone sell his char ON A 1x-RATE SERVER, hell no i never would, maybe just to exchange chars with some1 else, and to keep your alts and bank chars..

Edit:
Thanks goris, maybe i should eat faster or better type faster :>

Now what happens if Twinstart wouldn't offer this?
Chars and accounts get traded over the black market with the possibility to scam someone. Wtih Twinstars system you can't scam anyone and also support the server. Everyone wins.

I don't see it a win if lazy peons don't get what they deserve, scamming that is.

I am shocked how some Server lie about that you can just buy instant lvl 60 on Kronos. Funny is most of this Servers riding hard on that and claim with that this would be not more blizzlike blablaba and here on our Server it will never happend. (Then it happend cause someone know staff member and he give him full t1, gold or a felstriker just as example^^)
You can never stop trading of accounts! If someone want to sell his account he will just do it on black market or get just radnom asked (yes this happend on me on many Servers and they was really rdy to pay me 20-200$ Oo yes 200$ cause i had on alakir https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=13317).

Funny is let us say you have the best scripted Server(everything works pve/pvp) and the admin think he make it to a 1-7 xp(only experience) rate Server, then 50% of the community comes here and say "Oh a other shit fun Server i don t play there!" and that in my eyes is huge fail of the community. Look example on Corecraft where really 30% cry about the instant lvl 58 thing. Short said sometimes community is just a bitch!

Just made a quick post on that reddit thread. Copied what Lharts said and did a little editing.

Last edited:
Btw we forget to mention that it is forbidden to advertise auctions in public ingame chats, so there won't any spam u will notice while playing.

I suggest that this gossip is not underestimated. As it could have start as a simple mistake of some guy who didn't read the topic properly, it could get easy exploited by competition. And it can get nasty, warfare with misinformation!
lol.jpg
As there are people that will get into the topic, check everything by themselves there are also other people. Those people are still people and we want them because that what population is consisted of. ;)

there is nothing you can say that would prove those guys wrong though.
Kronos will enable you to buy a level 60 character. If you find someone that wants to sell theirs. Granted, you can probably do that on any other wow server too, but seeing as Kronos profits a little from their system, there are always going to be people who don't like it.

I don't understand it though, how do people think a server is going to sustain itself, with hopes and dreams?

Last edited:
If this server lives up to its hype, I'm gonna sell my house and sustain it by myself.:yes:

I wonder isn't it worth mentioning there is a buyout price for the auctions at 10-15€? That makes the occurence of valuable characters getting sold zero.

it can get nasty, warfare with misinformation!
This was already going on since Kronos started. People are morons. I know I repeat myself, but thats how it is.
A loudmouth shitposts on reddit and the gullible masses believe him.
How can players still backup CoreCraft when this server failed to deliver for YEARS.

It kind of honors the staff if the competitors have to resort to bad propaganda in a hopeless effort to derail the rape train that this project has become.

I wonder isn't it worth mentioning there is a buyout price for the auctions at 10-15€? That makes the occurence of valuable characters getting sold zero.
lol, I play here since 2012 and I didn't even know.

That's not quite correct jorim.
1. The buyout value is not set in stone like that. The seller himself choses the amount he wants to get paid and he can ask for as much as 15000 stars. That is 400€ when bought wit paypal donations. The minimal buyout value for a level 60 on Kronos is as you said ~10€. (https://www.twinstar.cz/manager/Auction/Manual.aspx#buyout_table)
2. The price of characters is pretty much dictated by the market. For example, right now, on the Cataclysm realm, which is by far the most populated, you can buy a level 85 horde warrior for 800-3350 stars(21€-89€). There are 17 such warriors there and the individual prices vary depending on their equipment/professions/achievements, with every new seller inspecting those characters and setting their price according to the competition. Then, you look at level 85 horde druids, and there's no competition. Nobody is selling druids, but one guy. At 7000 stars(187€).

Edit:
I would say that the thing which will have the biggest impact on the amount of characters for sale, apart from stars being quite useless to a Kronos player, is going to be the absence of an armory. When there is no armory you can't advertise/prove what you're selling and you can't see what you're buying. When I want to sell a character, with such and such equip and a certain time spent on acquiring it, I want to set the price accordingly. But when a buyer sees that character in auction, until the armory is finished, all he sees is a name and race. For all he knows the character could be naked, without gold, without professions, without riding or a mount even. And he's likely not risking paying my steep price for it.

Last edited:
For all he knows the character could be naked, without gold, without professions, without riding or a mount even. And he's likely not risking paying my steep price for it.

I was not aware that there are no such things as 3rd party armoriess, screenshots, or inspecting people in game. Now I know.

Characters auction is selling characters, gold and gear for Twinstar points. It's P2W and there is no way around that.

Top Bottom