• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The very first day

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

I got something positive and also something negative for you.

Positive we managed to gather a lot information about the frequent crashes and hopefully will fix them in the next couple of hours/days.

The bad news is, in the current state it makes no sense to keep the server running tonight. You can't really test out much with the regular disconnects.

Beta phase is not over yet. We just keep the server offline until we can provide a better uptime for you. Check out the forum - Twitter - Facebook for when its going back up. Accounts and logins will be the same as before.

I would like to thank you all guys, for the patience and for your time and effort you put into Kronos today. The amount of online players was insane!

Looking forward to another, smoother testing.

I was getting really frustrated at first, but seeing 500-700 people instantly back up again after just a minute instantly got me in a better mood again.
One more time from my side, thank you all for your support and patience. You will get enought time to play here :smile:

Part of betas is to test the capabilities of the server. Sometimes it doesn't work so well, and anyone that complains and says that it should be perfect on day one doesn't know anything about either running a server or attempting to code one.

Looking forward for it to be back up and running smoothly.

It's allright Chero !
Problems like this should be expected by the testers during a beta and the things I saw (besides the crashes) seemed to work really well ! It still has a bitter taste since it seems like the test was planned as a showcase too which wasn't really the case here, but if you think about it for a moment it was fine - It was the first public test of the server (at least of the "new" version of Kronos) ... just try to sort bugs out and get the server running again. The Kronos community is backing you up guys and after all this waiting we woun't leave because of some stability issues during a beta !

Seeing as with Blizzard, WoW had some pretty major issues the first 6 months; this is only understandable.
Don't worry guys, I for one will stay faithful to Kronos. I believe we can do it and make an awesome server out of this that will go on for years. :)

Im still realllllllly looking forward to playing it when the official launch date is upon us.
That epic grind from 1 to 60 is so much more intense and gratifying than gm commands.

:death2:

I like your dedication.

Never forget:

:beta:

If it's the need, I recommend to push the release date further back, so that we get a great start.

Last edited:
It was perfect... i am even really gratefull for letting us play for our old characters. It was great to see Kronos up again. Keep it up

Uhum, I echo what the ones before have written.

Take your time, there's considerable support behind you. Cheers for Chero, filv and everyone else on staff.
And the flak you just have to accept. Chaps wanted to be persuaded before etc. etc. so it's inevitable.
Nothing a solid 12 hours of testing won't solve.

Looking forward to giving it a go!

EDIT On a side-note, I had reported a log-in issue and, given that that particular thread was closed, I will write the follow-up here, for future reference. I am always very careful when I set up anything so I am never the one experiencing problems, thus I was very puzzled to get stuck at such a simple step. Luckily, the fact that the Twinstar website kept banning me after a few log-in attempts told me the issue was surely the password. And yes, it was, it was too long. Specifically, mine was 21 characters long. This was not a problem on the Twinstar website, but it was too much for the game's log-in interface. As soon as I tried a shorter password, it worked like a charm sigh.

Last edited:
Good and wise decision to do this.
I wish you all the best and hope you can get it narrowed down.

We are ready to test whenever the problem at hand is solved.

:)

I'm glad the first day of public beta testing helped in further completing the server as much as it did. With issues like these resolved, we can look forward to an excellent, stable server once release arrives.

Anyone who didn't expect crashes/lag the first day of beta is extremely naive & stupid. I had no intention to even log on today because i knew it was gonna be a mess. Finally decided to log on and i managed to add all the gear i wanted and did a few duels between the crashes & testing some engineering items. I'd say it was a decent first day. Keep up the good work people.

//KraunZ the realist

I did not have chance to log in though I wanted to try it tomorrow...although it doesnt work could you tell us how many people were connected/trying to connect? Cheers

The server recovery time after every restart was really fast!

Is this a core feature? awesome server hardware? or just small yet database of players?

Top Bottom