• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will Kronos recover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about to start with something more optimistic?

Im going to bring 4 maybe more people! How about you guys?

We are a gang of around 20 people starting, having recruited roughly 40-50 additional people to the guild before release. Difficult to say how many outside the 20-25 who are committed, but it is nevertheless quite a few. Will probably recruit 4-5 more when its 6-7 days until release, it's just evil to hype this stuff with 25 days left.

Honestly i think kronos is not ready for this month, way too many bugs open and new ones keep popping up.
Unless devs gonna pull allnighters from now the server gonna have too many holes. I already see skeptics coming on release, seeing one stupid bug and leaving back to nos screaming "I TOLD YE ITS SHITE GUISE DONT GO THERE"
In my opinion, devs could see some apparent bugs on nos, fix them and advertise them on videos, or drop everything and fix all the instances and advertise that, because for many people instances are more important than npcs having correct gossip.
Oh and btw, nos had fake advertisement, that pyrewood village video they had, apparently mobs were invisible, murdering everyone who steps in, the player movement video is also full of shit too, players are still rubber banding its just smoother.
Oh and dont give me that "m-muh 5k players online and its stable!" maybe that would have been impressive when tbc was hot shit in private server scene but not 6 years later on a 10 year old game

Nostalrius feels like a Feenix with better server stability. Although the "Lazy Peons" quest works better on Feenix. :lol:

I'm happy to wait for a better experience..
Kronos will be the server for me. I'm so hyped! :-D

Honestly i think kronos is not ready for this month, way too many bugs open and new ones keep popping up.
Unless devs gonna pull allnighters from now the server gonna have too many holes. I already see skeptics coming on release, seeing one stupid bug and leaving back to nos screaming "I TOLD YE ITS SHITE GUISE DONT GO THERE"
In my opinion, devs could see some apparent bugs on nos, fix them and advertise them on videos, or drop everything and fix all the instances and advertise that, because for many people instances are more important than npcs having correct gossip.
Oh and btw, nos had fake advertisement, that pyrewood village video they had, apparently mobs were invisible, murdering everyone who steps in, the player movement video is also full of shit too, players are still rubber banding its just smoother.
Oh and dont give me that "m-muh 5k players online and its stable!" maybe that would have been impressive when tbc was hot shit in private server scene but not 6 years later on a 10 year old game

+1 ^

Also I like that Kronos will have respawn ratio (quests and mobs) based on players in that zone/area instead of waiting hours to complete single quest in nos.

Dont feed the Nost Fan boy...
Nost is like torch...big shine at start...after that..nothing.

Oh and btw, nos had fake advertisement, [...] the player movement video is also full of shit too, players are still rubber banding its just smoother.

And what about Kronos? they advertised it as well and it was THE reason I'd choose kronos over Nost.
Players stutter is alot worse on Kronos atm with less players connected.

Nostalrius has alot of bugs, one example are that casters can on some spots shoot through walls and likewise (which can drive me insane in for example WSG or just the general world). As it stands I know that alot of my friends have started to play on Nost and probably look to make it their home, so a bit torn. People seem to be praising the server either solely due to its incredible population, or because they have limited vanilla experience from before. Easy to say though, the server is incredible in comparison to Feenix (du'h) so it's not hard to see where the hype and praises are coming from.

So far though, even stuff that has been advertised to work - on some occassions really doesn't, and well, that concerns me if my friends decide it to be the new main realm as the future scripting sure would be uncertain. We'll see though, as long as people are enjoying themselves I'd say everythings fine.

I am sitting on Nos right now in XR, and people are saying that Alliance are killing unflagged horde. The more I play, the more ridiculous bugs I hear about. If they don't start fixing critical things like that I really don't think Kronos is going to have a problem.

What's going on with unflagged enemy players being killed is with a number of AoE spells that are treated as non-owned sources of damage by the server, a really sloppy way of applying them in the code. Both faction players are running up to low level targets and blowing them up in groups by exploiting this.

Kronos is going to launch with bugs. But the quality of the server is still blowing my mind as I beta test and file reports. Nostalrius pulled the trigger early, and whether they succeed or not doesn't matter to me. I'm just very happy (and worn out for today) for being able to test and Kronos' decision to let this last rush of testing happen.

Although I don't have much time to test I'm happy to contribute here and there to detect potential bugs.

There are already many things on Kronos that work a lot better than on Nos AND there are still bugs to be found so Nos has a VERY steep climb up ahead if they want to improve player experience to match pre-beta Kronos.

I am 100% behind Kronos and super happy the devs are so fast in identifying/fixing bugs. Great job guys!

Of course there will still be bugs but judging from how fast they are currently squashed I have absolutely 0 concerns that Kronos will get a great following.

Yep, that is completely intentional from Blizzard. Also hunters do profit horribly from this. Camping enemy faction's sprit by standing under the cliff and shooting upwards in WSG... Blizzard did a horrible design mistake here by letting projectiles ignore terrain features :angry: -> one of reasons I don't PvP or BGs... it's not fun being killed by a stupid hunter in an instant through a damn x meter high cliff...

Correct me if I'm wrong but one thing always 'bugged' me about Kronos.
Is Chero the only dev on the vanilla project?

If so, what if he quits or something happens and he cannot put enough time into this.
What then?

If so, what if he quits or something happens and he cannot put enough time into this.
What then?

Your question brings me to the question if you ever took a look into the bugtracker.
The complete Twinstar Project cares about every server it seems.

What then?

A super quick look at the bug tracker would have answered your question.
Currently it seems like there are three other twinstar folks helping the Kronos project out: Amrod, Kioshi and Overy.

What then?

A very good question.
Kronos is part of the Twinstar project, which has a development team that works on multiple servers.
So it's not just Chero, he is "just" lead developer on this server.

As you can see on the bug tracker, the rest of the development team is pitching.

"The core and scripts of the server are an in-heritage from the French Nostalrius. On that server, players used to start at level 55. Thus, most of the development was focused on HL areas (especially dungeons and raids). Most of the development on low level zones has probably been done during the last mouthes, for the release of Nostalrius begins."

That explains the questionable low level experience, it also gives alot of hope for good endgame.

"The core and scripts of the server are an in-heritage from the French Nostalrius. On that server, players used to start at level 55. Thus, most of the development was focused on HL areas (especially dungeons and raids). Most of the development on low level zones has probably been done during the last mouthes, for the release of Nostalrius begins."

That explains the questionable low level experience, it also gives alot of hope for good endgame.

Sounds legit, but can you provide us with a source?

I just heard that Nos. is moderating every singel thread on their forum, is that true? That way they can easily just remove negative post made by players reporting bugs and other stuff.

Last edited:
I can certainly say, that it's not true. The amount of negative posts and whining on the forum is insane.

Greetings from a Nostalrius player.

tl;dr - Nostalrius is the best modern Vanilla experience I've had - but I want to see what Kronos has to offer.

I come from the land of playing WoW back from Open Beta through the start of BC, then taking a break and coming back for WotLK until Cata came out. I also played on Feenix and tolerated their craptastic realm until I got fed up with the players there and played for a while on Molten and couldn't stand it at all.

I listened to the hype machines from Kronos and Nostalrius and got very excited to play on a GOOD Vanilla realm again. So I hopped on Nostalrius on opening day and dealt with all the issues - unable to connect, far too many players and not enough mobs respawning in the starter zone (NElf), restarts, and rollbacks. There were over 4,000 people online and it was crazy! But it also felt like every kill meant something, every XP was earned and not handed out. Overall, it was a good experience in that it was FUN.

Of course, all the Nostalrius hype wasn't 100% true. There were small issues and big issues in the first few days - and they were all addressed rapidly and efficiently by the devs. There are some graphic stutters when my character turns, but it doesn't bother me. I am running a Druid so I didn't have the issues that the Paladins and Hunters reported. And I found quests that were bugged on Feenix that worked perfectly on Nostalrius.

Overall, it's been a fantastic experience getting to Lv14.

But I want to play on Kronos and see what it has to offer.

It sounds like Kronos will be a "smoother" Vanilla experience - respawn scaling, etc. - and I might appreciate some of those niceties when I'm leveling. I honestly cannot judge whose scripting is better as I haven't played on Kronos yet. I'm not "married" to Nostalrius and want to experience the fruits of the labor of the Kronos devs as well.

On a final note, competition is a good thing. Take professional wrestling. The WWF/WWE was never better than when it was competing with WCW for viewers. Now that it's an unstoppable juggernaut, the product is not as compelling as it used to be. Having Kronos and Nostalrius going after the title of "best Vanilla server" is only going to benefit ALL the players on both realms.

So take it from someone who is REALLY liking Nostalrius - I am looking forward to playing on Kronos and seeing what this realm has to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom