• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question regarding mob pathing

Rockmaster

Authorized
I have noticed a few times that when I move into a zone where mobs are sometimes i see a mob slowly walk up a wall and suddenly quickly move back to his right path and walks his path as nothing ever happened without any strange movement. Once I am in a zone for a longer time I see no strange movement.
Is it possible that this is a client side visual bug?
Did anyone see a similar behavior?

The behavior you described happened to me only during a lag or when my wifi was losing packets (low connection stability). Are you experiencing that?

Yeah i see that as well occasionally. Random mob would just run back to it's position and roam like nothing happened... Makes me think like they did something fishy and run back to their position once they see me to avoid me detecting them doing something... They don't want me or server to know about! :eek:

Actually i've seen it too. I do have moody internet connection though.
I saw it on the beginning of Wailing Caverns. The very first raptor ran from down, uphill at fast speed and stopped at his usual location and started wandering normally. Happened couple times in other places.

Happens all the time when mobs first come into view they'll sometimes whiz around for a second before returning to normal behavior.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=1066

Looks like this has been in the bug-tracker since 2012, I do hope they haven't forgotten about it, this seems like the kind of thing that would drive people away if it isn't fixed before release.

Yeah notice this all the time. Very weird movement someone should take look at that for sure.

Can confirm that it's a visual bug as it seems since i charged mob in this state and i ended in a different location than the mob visual actually was after first melle hit he ported infront of me instantly

I pretty much have a constant ping of 35-38ms and I see this happening everywhere I go.

I saw a dinosaur in Un'goro stand in/on a tree and then suddenly sprint back to a normal location. Several other mobs exhibited similar behavior. Only have 16 ping so that's not the issue.

This phenomena is observed here too, all the time, with a steady 50 or so ping.

I feel this should be one of the important things to fix before launch, since it can be seen everywhere we go, and can be quite distracting/immershun breaking; ).

Cheers!^^

Top Bottom