• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Population limit

Spacey

I could probably spend an hour browsing the forums to find the answer but I couldn't bother! :D

1. Are there any thoughts on what limit there will be to the population on Kronos before a queue will start up on login?

2. On a certain other server there was today displayed in /who 5000people online. Is this number something that the server admins can easily manipulate, or should one should trust this to be correct?

THanks!

1. Not even Chero can tell you. What he told me is that 2k should be handled fairly well. Since its never been tester noone knows for sure though.

2. So far people aren't spread out over all the zones, so it might even be correct.
I know of no server (tbc and above) that has this many players online without issue once they occupy all zones.

You are saying when people are spread on different zones it causes more strain? How come?

1. Not even Chero can tell you. What he told me is that 2k should be handled fairly well. Since its never been tester noone knows for sure though.

2. So far people aren't spread out over all the zones, so it might even be correct.
I know of no server (tbc and above) that has this many players online without issue once they occupy all zones.

I hate to play devils advocate here, but I caved and gave it a try last night. there were 4800 on at 9:00 pm eastern time.

noteable mentions, pathing / and questing was not bugged from the dwarf rogue hub.

100ms connecting for east coast usa, I am honestly impressed.

You are saying when people are spread on different zones it causes more strain? How come?

The server puts mobs (and alot other stuff) "on hold" if no player is near. Thats also the reason why patrols usually only walk if players are seeing them.
If I misunderstood something, feel free to correct me.

The server puts mobs (and alot other stuff) "on hold" if no player is near. Thats also the reason why patrols usually only walk if players are seeing them.
If I misunderstood something, feel free to correct me.

That kinda explains why Nostalrius is unplayable today.

Top Bottom