• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

cooperation between servers (kronos nostalrius feenix)

connect1

Posted this suggestion too on Nost forums but its deleted I think. Hope Kronos is more open minded..

I dont want to bad talk any server anyhow, but it looks like an ego or profit thing to have all these new different servers releasing. Servers fighting eachother to look better and wars between hyped people fighting to defend their dreamserver. Its ripping apart the 1.12.1 comunity and it makes me damn sad

Its a private server and it cant be perfect, but why start over again with a promise of being something better? Lets face it, starting on a new one will be like going years back in progression. But the hypes are real.. toxic and haters everywhere running from server to server and I fear the only thing holding them together is hype and some population for now.. what if it fails again, start over again on another new hype? Im bloody tired of it

I read on Feenix forums that theyre making a server network sharing their server program to other servers and make one big development and add cross realm battlegrounds. Im really excited about this and looks like the first time someone tries to make a cooperation between servers for real

Imo Nost and Kronos should put aside pride and differences and write to Feenix admins. everyone will have their own servers, everyone gets fixes and everyone's happy

No thanks. Nost has abusive gm's that don't know anything about what they're doing and they help grizzly for some reason. Feenix, maybe.

So imagine they start to cooperate and open 1 realm.
It will be an unstable 9-10k player realm,alot of people (gms/devs) will have to go away.
Alot of dramas are going to start,which will decrease quality and in some time will lead to destroying everything.
In the end population means nothing...Kronos has great population and staff that works good to get better always,so wht do you want more?

I read on Feenix forums that theyre making a server network sharing their server program to other servers and make one big development and add cross realm battlegrounds. Im really excited about this and looks like the first time someone tries to make a cooperation between servers for real
Nice move! Share your buggy "work" in exchange to others real work.

That's all dreams... http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88388-Merge And that won't lead to anything good as I understand now. Competition is natural, cooperative monopoly is senseless.

Posted this suggestion too on Nost forums but its deleted I think. Hope Kronos is more open minded..

I dont want to bad talk any server anyhow, but it looks like an ego or profit thing to have all these new different servers releasing. Servers fighting eachother to look better and wars between hyped people fighting to defend their dreamserver. Its ripping apart the 1.12.1 comunity and it makes me damn sad

Its a private server and it cant be perfect, but why start over again with a promise of being something better? Lets face it, starting on a new one will be like going years back in progression. But the hypes are real.. toxic and haters everywhere running from server to server and I fear the only thing holding them together is hype and some population for now.. what if it fails again, start over again on another new hype? Im bloody tired of it

Imo Nost and Kronos should put aside pride and differences and write to Feenix admins. everyone will have their own servers, everyone gets fixes and everyone's happy

I chuckled a bit. :smile:

So imagine they start to cooperate and open 1 realm.
It will be an unstable 9-10k player realm,alot of people (gms/devs) will have to go away.

Actually, no.

What I imagine, it would be still separate realms with separate communities and separate hardware. But with cross-realm battlegrounds, realm transfers. Like retail.

And, of course, the same core, same scripting and bugfixes. But this part is actually nearly impossible to do, so, it's almost surely not going to happen.

I think it's impossible to make a cooperative (server transfer, battlegroups) but they should improve the bugs together - or at least a certain category of bugs - for example quests. Once a team fixes a bug, make the fix available by uploading it to the open source emulator software repository - cmangos, trinity, etc.

Competition is good but this market is way too small and limited in resources to deliver high quality products in a reasonable amount of time. Therefore a certain degree of cooperation is needed. And that's proven by the fact that private servers use open source software. At least, share a part of the profits with the guys that develop the emulator so they can keep doing their job and to do it even better.

At this very moment I got the idea of encouraging the players to play only on the servers that support the emulators developers. That would help to create a decent and responsable player community for the benefit of all. Wishful thinking but a code of honor and mindset is not impossible to create.

Last edited:
@Blaze: There is a problem with your vision ... in reality, people will move to repaired (by our devs) server with bigger population, because mostly they don't care about anything else.

Yours is an ideal world, servers never share their work to other server.

There are several reasons, no one want to improve concurrence is the first one.

Btw, in the end this always hurt players. I saw in the past many good servers with good devs, but when those server "died" those fixes went lost instead to be absorbed by the core (Mangos dev, trinity dev) and shared to "new generation".

If this always hurts players, then the players can learn from it. They can become wiser and play only on servers that share at least a part of their fixes.

It's not about being idealistic, it's about being pragmatic. If a server shares their fixes, then I will play there, because my support will improve the emulator software, so in the future, even if the server goes down, I will enjoy a better gaming experience because the fixes are not lost - instead of having to play on crappy servers. If you want a fine gaming experience then you should do it wisely.

Well, the main problem here is, that each server have now about 3 years of their own development behind them. That makes their core incompatible with the otheres even though they started with the same one. Kronos, just now is a mix of mangos, trinity and cheros own scripts.

This sounds like a good idea in theory, but Kronos has a good thing going here. Interacting with other servers will only delay bug fixes and more content.

Glazebrook

Top Bottom