• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Transferring characters

amirdaheat

Hello

This will no doubt get frowned upon and probably been suggested before, but since I would like very much to play on this server, leveling once again to 60 is whats stopping me. I leveled to 60 on Nostalrius, but the server turns out to not meet my expectations, and from what I've heard from people that play on Kronos, this seems like an amazing server.

Will there be a way to transfer (or copy) an already level 60 on Nostalrius to Kronos? Gear and ranks can be removed, it's just the level that's important.

Kronos seems to be lacking players, and I believe this would help boost the playerbase a bit. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Thoughts?

There is about a negative 2% chance for this to happen. For so many reasons.

• Logistics of copying a character from a server not owned by the same people
  • Game then becomes some sort of weird, muddled, "Non-Blizzlike" leveling server since people are transfering from Nos
  • The fact it is supposed to be 1x server, blizzlike, etc. there would be a huge backlash from the current population
  • Actually proving a character on Nos is yours, so you can legitimately "copy" your character over
  • The list goes on and on

My advice would be to bite the bullet and start leveling. I leveled an undead mage to 49 on Nost and then rolled on Kronos when it released. The differences were extremely noticeable... for the better, of which you can read about in many other threads around the internet.

While Kronos does have the better scripts, it got a bit shafted since Nos jumped their release to beat Kronos and yes, Kronos is now lacking players, very likely for the exact reason you've stated: People don't want to level again.

As I said, I would bite the bullet and start leveling, the scripts are that much better and it really is nice to have that. It is true Kronos could use a few more players, but I never had any trouble find a dungeon group or people to do some elite quests with while running around. PvP was actually manageable and I could walk more than 5 feet without getting jumped by another rogue. Welcome to Kronos :)

I feel you mate, i've been there as well, altho I was only level 30 on nos. I can only imagine reinvesting all that time, what was worst for me wasnt the actual leveling but doing the professions all over again, it felt like such a drag doing all the things surrounding the levling. All I can tell you is that in the end, its going to be worth it. If you find some nice and friendly people you might have a blast leveling together with someone else, maybe if you get in a nice guild you might even get run through a few dungeons for easy xp and some decent gear makin the whole process a little smoother. In about two or some weeks you're gonna be happy you made the leap with your level 60 character on Kronos getting ready for raids :)

Welcome to the server! Unfortunately due to many problems Mentat stated and more this option won't be available between servers. Between factions, yes...servers not so much. Sorry about that but leveling isn't so bad! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
There are systems for character transfer for Wotlk-Wotlk on Twinstar. If need be, they might be remade for Vanilla. But either way, that decision has a larger impact than any of you can imagine (not seeing everything, just the forum :p ).

In the end, it is only up to Chero to give a final statement. While most of the problems Mentat mentioned still apply, so don´t get your hopes up.

I had to, just like everyone on this server, create a new character and start from the beginning. I would be really pissed of if you transfer some charasters from Nos. And I think it's not only me. Btw 1500 ppl doesn't mean "lack of players", just because Nos is overpopulated. Vanilla cap was 2500 ppl.

I had to, just like everyone on this server, create a new character and start from the beginning. I would be really pissed of if you transfer some charasters from Nos. And I think it's not only me. Btw 1500 ppl doesn't mean "lack of players", just because Nos is overpopulated. Vanilla cap was 2500 ppl.

Entirely same situation, I would also be pissed of. And I also have no idea where they are getting the 'low population' from.

What if they boosted to level 30 instead?

I would say, better start leveling because it will never happen, some people knew what to wait for and some wanted to play asap.

Also, it would be impossible to get all the 60s from Nos to Kronos because it would take all Devs time for months.

If we boosted anyone, then they would not be able to experience the true blizzlikeness of our starting zones :blink:

even if you start levelling on kronos just now, it still is a win situation for you.

Heck it's rewarding just by starting again on this server... Why? Because everything bloody works! People are nice. You will always have someone to play with except in the late late times (about 3-5 am). To be honest current kronos pop is legit retail pop of a medium to high. During the day and peak time you will always have someone to play with but in the late late times it's more empty but i still manage to get grp. Best thing of all everyone is willing to wait for grp to get full! Several times we were looking for grp for about 20-30 mins and nobody even said a word like "oh my god whine whine"...
My advice is join in the fun and be nice to people and people will be nice to you! :)

Just start over, trust me it is worth it. You even don't need to rush it, Kronos will stay alive for a long long time.
Population is fine and will only raise up.

I'll just repeat what everybody else said. I got to about 45 on Nos, started another char when Kronos went live, rolled alts, still not 60 on either server but I don't mind. I'm having fun and I'll get there eventually.

Top Bottom