• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Exact population?

Nuno18

Hello, i was wondering if theres a way to know how many people are actually playing in the server? on each realm or in total?

Or if anyone knows kinda how many people there is. that would be cool, thinking about joining.... but i dont really like empty stuff.

There were about 900+ online 3 hours ago. That is a lot if we take the common standars in private servers till Nostalrius arrived.

If you already jumped on the "more people is always better" wagon, then go play nostalrius because there is no other option for you. I prefer the 1k growing community here, being able to do quests, farm and not having to compete for every single mob.

But remember, Blizzard did not design azeroth to have a population of 4k online, not even 3k. Once you reached 2.5k, then came the queue.

Population is as much a blessing as it is a curse if you look at Nostrils forums: people quitting when they reach 50 because the amount of griefers/gankers makes questing impossible.

It's worth nothing, similar to the post above, that the Nos community is quite...a turn-off.

It's a mostly unhindered (yet large) population of folks...and with things being so lenient...the end result makes chat channels/forum looks very similar to reddit/YouTube/4chan.

Personally I find that it's impossible to take pride in or ascribe to being a part of a community like Nosts, but if having a ton of people is your *only* concern, then go there. The thing is, very rarely is this your only concern, it's just a superficial one that you think is the only thing which is important until you realize the population is really not what is important.

Of course if you have *nobody*, then population is important, but Kronos is not in that position.

Its totally necessary for my gameplay to have 300 additional players to the already 200 that I will never ever interact with.:yes:

The obsession about population is the private server communities cancers. Always was always will be.

Feenix = pop = go there -> server never improved because it simply didn't have to
Server X = 100-200 = low pop, won't go there -> server is way ahead of its time and provides the better content

All I can tell you is, try Kronos, you won't regret it.

Hey now people, no need to go defensive - he didn't even mention Nos in the first place! It's a valid concern, as playing on a server with 50 people online during peak time doesn't exactly allow you to play the game as it was intended. Low level dungeons, elite quests, professions, PvP, raiding... those things require a bit of population to run smoothly.

When I'm online (which is during the day and/or evening in Europe), population ranges between 300 and 600* on Alliance alone. Horde is slightly higher unless things changed recently, but the faction ratio is still close to 1:1. AH is actively being used, dungeon and elite quest groups are not hard to come by in my experience, and there are plenty of players to kill without getting overrun (except for on Friday nights when STV goes crazy).

* This is after Dodgykebaab's review came out, I recall seeing around 200-400 before.

Last edited:
It's important for a realm to have a large neough population, such that you can actually find groups for quests and dungeons. I started playing on Nost and the population is immense, to the point where you are unable to do almost anything without grouping up.

I've also played on ED, which has very low pop, around 400, most of which are 60s. Again, it is impossible to get anything done, because you can't group up.

As far as the population on Kronos goes, as said before, you can use /who to check. However, something seems to be off, you could take a look at Kronos Account Manager. There is a large discrapency between them. Sometimes the account manager says 2000 players online with 50-50 A/H ratio, while the /who says only 400 allies are online.

It also seems that /who caps out at around 460 which is a bit weird. In any case, I have had no problem at all finding groups for difficult quests, while also being able to solo the rest of the content. Regardless fo the actual numbers, the population of Kronos seems to be good enough.

I think retail vanilla had abount 2k players total per realm, but I'm not sure.

It's important for a realm to have a large neough population, such that you can actually find groups for quests and dungeons. I started playing on Nost and the population is immense, to the point where you are unable to do almost anything without grouping up.

I've also played on ED, which has very low pop, around 400, most of which are 60s. Again, it is impossible to get anything done, because you can't group up.

As far as the population on Kronos goes, as said before, you can use /who to check. However, something seems to be off, you could take a look at Kronos Account Manager. There is a large discrapency between them. Sometimes the account manager says 2000 players online with 50-50 A/H ratio, while the /who says only 400 allies are online.

It also seems that /who caps out at around 460 which is a bit weird. In any case, I have had no problem at all finding groups for difficult quests, while also being able to solo the rest of the content. Regardless fo the actual numbers, the population of Kronos seems to be good enough.

I think retail vanilla had abount 2k players total per realm, but I'm not sure.

The "stats" on the account management login is for alla servers together.
Yesterday we had 1500-1600 people online at the same time on Kronos at peak.

The "stats" on the account management login is for alla servers together.
Yesterday we had 1500-1600 people online at the same time on Kronos at peak.

Ah ok, my bad. 1500 is a decent population though. Still I haven't ever seen > 466 allies online myself, even at peak times. This is using /who 1-60.

Anyway, the point of my post was to say that the actual numbers aren't all that important. The important thing is that the population is in a good range to allow dungeons and group quests to be finished, and support a stable economy, which Kronos seems to have.

Ah ok, my bad. 1500 is a decent population though. Still I haven't ever seen > 466 allies online myself, even at peak times. This is using /who 1-60.

Anyway, the point of my post was to say that the actual numbers aren't all that important. The important thing is that the population is in a good range to allow dungeons and group quests to be finished, and support a stable economy, which Kronos seems to have.

Last night there were 690 allies online and 710 Horde online

I would say every night CET time I would see more then 500 alliance online...500-700

There's no "exact" population. For EU weekend evenings seem to be around 1300-1500 online, which is more than enough to do "anything". Qualitywise it's by far the most impressive private server I've seen, vanilla or not. Even if the damn fishing is not working in SW.

BTW, have anyone reported that SW fishing?

Edit: My bad. It was reported and it will be fixed with next update.

Last edited:
@ 9 AM server time 187:172
@ 9 PM server time 561:499

Last edited:
Its totally necessary for my gameplay to have 300 additional players to the already 200 that I will never ever interact with.:yes:

The obsession about population is the private server communities cancers. Always was always will be.

Feenix = pop = go there -> server never improved because it simply didn't have to
Server X = 100-200 = low pop, won't go there -> server is way ahead of its time and provides the better content

All I can tell you is, try Kronos, you won't regret it.

Ya because noone has regretted it.

Top Bottom