• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Jumping into Kronos.

Fizzlebang

Authorized
I've got my characters lined up, I've got professions sorted in my head, I've got my map planned out on how to level, I'm set to enter Kronos! I've just one question. When I manage to download all the appropriate files I can have a separate install for Kronos correct? I just saw setting realm list and clearing your WDB folder etc and I don't want it to interfere with my retail WoW install. As I'll only be levelling one character in WoD an alt on Kronos seems massively appealing.

Apologies for the noob-ish question after reading the 'how to' section, I just want to make sure I can have both versions running happily on my PC.

Cheers. :biggrin:

You absolutely have to have a seperate installation, your retail WoW folder has to be completely seperate to your Kronos folder.

Clearing WDB is mostly due to people playing on several vanilla servers using the same game folder, perhaps trying out a few before they find where they belong. On another server, items have stats according to the patch of the content that is out, while here everything is 1.12.1 - and don't forget the fun servers that have custom content. Clearing WDB when you change realmlist ensures that you see everything as intended and without errors on the new server.

But as krutopatkin said, you need to have your retail installation and vanilla folder separate from each other. When you download old WoW copies through torrents, you usually don't have to install anything. You just put it in a folder of your choice, check realmlist and hit WoW.exe. :cool2: I'm not using the official Kronos client, but it should be close to the same thing.

Also, welcome!

Clearing WDB is mostly due to people playing on several vanilla servers using the same game folder, perhaps trying out a few before they find where they belong. On another server, items have stats according to the patch of the content that is out, while here everything is 1.12.1 - and don't forget the fun servers that have custom content. Clearing WDB when you change realmlist ensures that you see everything as intended and without errors on the new server.

But as krutopatkin said, you need to have your retail installation and vanilla folder separate from each other. When you download old WoW copies through torrents, you usually don't have to install anything. You just put it in a folder of your choice, check realmlist and hit WoW.exe. :cool2: I'm not using the official Kronos client, but it should be close to the same thing.

Also, welcome!

Thanks Pharaw, I'm looking forward to getting started on here. I just have to get home and get my PC happening. Here comes another Alli caster. I'll start a Warlock and Mage and see which one I like better. Having played since Vanilla and playing casters since BC, I don't want to go back to being a warrior in Vanilla so I'll see how I go.

Top Bottom