• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

world chan

There is the 'welcome on Kronos...' announcement already, rewriting it to something like 'welcome on Kronos..., and dont forget to join our 'world' channel (/join world)' would do the job.

Theres so much bullshit going on in world. Wouldnt want new players to get confronted with such nonsense.

do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
it would really help new players a lot, yet it is so easy to implement(?)

i hate it when no GM/dev is responding for so long. is there any "contra"?

please lets make a poll for it!!! maybe it will get devs attention :)

i think here is no contra, but maybe the "most advanced vanilla in the universe" (im not sure if i remember it correct) shines better xD

Last edited:
sorry, coudn't resist

world_chan.png

do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
it would really help new players a lot, yet it is so easy to implement(?)

i hate it when no GM/dev is responding for so long. is there any "contra"?

yes the other part is the Looking for Group Channel, which is an official feature from the game while the world channel is a private channel and it is spread all over the private servers for the reason that it was getting popular because of low population. to communicate, but 500 on one side is not low for communication and in the current time since it is no more needed for low population, it is miss-used for spam and reporting people and big guild aderstiment spams.

people need to quit world channel, it needs to be removed and blocked. you dont need to support a private channel with the login message, are you insane?

imagine the people from world chat would spread over the actual tradechat in the capital cities and in the looking for group channel. How many people would get nostalgic for seeing people on those channel beeing active? People who didnt play vanilla just cant argument here. You need to know how it was. How it was playing it, not watching pve and pvp movies. Ask those who played in the past first before you make a topif that has a suggestion.

Last edited:
I second this motion. Met a lot of players who had no clue that world chat exists, even 40+ players. When u log in where it says welcome to kronos should also say /join world.

I strongly disagree with Mahmut.

The world chat on Kronos has been fine so far apart from "Cat Facts" and it is a simple matter of fact that someone who doesn't happen to learn about the channel will have a drastically different experience on the server than someone who does.

It's an important part of the community and should be advertised.

I'm a new user to the server, almost hit 30 on my char (still haven't really made friends here yet). This is the first time i've heard of the world channel. Had I known about it, it would have been one of the first things I did. As a new member of the server, a notification for this would be helpful for any future new user :)

I already posted in the other thread, but this one seems more popular. Letting users know about /world is pretty important because (for some reason) no one uses LFG. I'm sure there's players out there who have given up playing because they couldn't find a group, while over in /world some group needed that missing player. That's very tragic!

I have now seen several GMs post in the world channel. So statements like
people need to quit world channel, it needs to be removed and blocked. you dont need to support a private channel with the login message, are you insane?
seem to be moot.

I have now seen several GMs post in the world channel. So statements like

seem to be moot.
We tend to stay silent in the world channel but every once in a while we say a word or two.
I do agree that there needs to be a way of informing players about world channel as even myself didn't know about the world channel until i had became a Game master of the server but i do not think adding it to the Message of the Day is the way to do it, i will suggest this to the others as i have seen this posted a few times but i can't promise anything.
-Snowfox
P.S: Nothing wrong with cat facts.

Last edited:
The best thing for me would be to implement a custom item, like a readable ingame book, containing information about both World and LookingForGroup channels - like their level requirement and whatnot - and automatically put such book (along with any welcome message, and maybe some useful server info like the respec cost capped at 10g and the .experience on/off commands) within the Backpack for every newly created character or account. It would be a really helpful, discreet and elegant solution according to me... even professional, if you wish.

I might add, a rule not to spam World with LFG messages could help too, and keep those to the dedicated channel instead. It is beyond doubt that a faction channel like World helps a community to develop, and shows the realm as a busy and healthy one.

The best thing for me would be to implement a custom item, like a readable ingame book, containing information about both World and LookingForGroup channels - like their level requirement and whatnot - and automatically put such book (along with any welcome message, and maybe some useful server info like the respec cost capped at 10g and the .experience on/off commands) within the Backpack for every newly created character or account. It would be a really helpful, discreet and elegant solution according to me... even professional, if you wish.

I might add, a rule not to spam World with LFG messages could help too, and keep those to the dedicated channel instead. It is beyond doubt that a faction channel like World helps a community to develop, and shows the realm as a busy and healthy one.

Happy Birthday! btw

Hardly an original idea as this is exactly what that "other" server does. It hasn't proven itself very effective there either as few new members actually read the provided welcome book. Even those that do make the attempt only read the first sentance or two then throw the book away to gain bag space.

What an odd thing for the original <Spamlord> to suggest. In fact, LFG messages is one of the few things that /world is actually useful for. I find the constant guild recruitment messages on ALL channels more annoying. There is a channel specifically for that, you know.

I am of mixed feelings about the world channel. There are rare occasions where I find it useful but there are many more occasions where I simply leave the channel because it has become annoying. All too often a handful of attention seekers dominate the channel with inappropriate remarks. Overall, I think it would be better if everybody used the proper channels for their intended purpose. The perception of new players unaware of /world is that there is nobody here on the server as they don't see much activity on these channels.

Thanks Struckd ;)

Hardly an original idea as this is exactly what that "other" server does. It hasn't proven itself very effective there either as few new members actually read the provided welcome book. Even those that do make the attempt only read the first sentance or two then throw the book away to gain bag space.

It's not supposed to be an original idea, it's supposed to be useful. Back on ED I could see how many people were actually in World and it was nearly 4/5 of online people, whether it was because they read the welcome book or not, the existence of a faction channel was common knowledge. So I don't know what your assumption that people would mostly disregard it is based on. Moreover, on ED you could join /world at level 20, here you can join it on level 1 and can talk in it at 5, so unlike ED Kronos players wouldn't forget about it while getting to be able to actually use that information.

There's no better way to inform people that might need to be informed on such basic and useful features, than having it specifically and individually provided to them. The alternatives would either be not to deal with the matter at all, or setting up server-wide announcements, yet that would ultimately mean spamming everyone all the time, even players that already know.

What an odd thing for the original <Spamlord> to suggest. In fact, LFG messages is one of the few things that /world is actually useful for. I find the constant guild recruitment messages on ALL channels more annoying. There is a channel specifically for that, you know.

Keep your name-calling and childish grudge to yourself, Ookpik, and learn to ignore those 7-8 guild spammers who take it upon themselves to form and maintain communities, rather than asking them to go look for people on deserted channels just because you're too lazy to click a button. There is a function specifically for that, you know.

It's this kind of stupidity and arrogance that got you in trouble on ED Moradin. There is no way for you to have known that 4/5 people were in world chat there. The fact is, many people spent most of their time not in the channel because of you and your petty arguments with people. Lose an argument and what would you do? Why, submit a fraudulent report and try to have them banned of course. That is only one of the reasons that the administration and players had no love for you there and why you were on the verge of being banned.

Incidently, I do not know why you keep insisting that I'm someone else. You of all people should know who I am. It was because of myself and a few other people that you were allowed to play on ED at all. You are the only person I know that managed to get himself banned before the realm even opened. If we hadn't talked to the staff on your behalf, you would have remained banned.

As far as I know, Ookpik is still alive and well on ED. The last time we spoke, he refused to come here to Kronos because of you. He is not alone. This realm was rejected by over 300 members of our gaming group because of your presence here. Of course, it wasn't the only reason but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Last edited:
Stay on topic Ookpik, you're not on Feenix anymore. Badmouthing and spreading lies is quickly dealt with here, especially when you have nothing to back your crap with and therefore no hope to be taken seriously. Those who know me back from ED (including Kronos GMs and admins) know I'm a serious player and always 100% committed to the realm I play on, so your attempt to fool them is rather desperate. Feel free to ask Gurky or Chero if you don't believe me. (Incidentally Ookpik, you should know what an IP is and maybe learn to proxy before you pretend to be someone else.)

Luckily for me and my guild, evidence speaks louder than any bitter troll.

P. S.: Next time you go off topic to spew your ragekid bs I'm personally reporting you... have a nice day :smile:

After a little reflection, I have come to the conclusion that the existence of the /world channel may not be a good thing at all. As others have suggested, it is currently being horribly misused. Perhaps it would be better to place a higher level restriction on it, as most other servers have done, to encourage the use of the proper channels.

The way it stands right now, the proper channels are hardly being used at all. This leaves new members with the impression that there is a much lower population than there actually is. Those that do find their way to /world at an early stage almost always begin to misuse it immediately. Rather than ask in General many of them will be begin to spam LFG messages in /world for help in completing a level 5 quest. Meanwhile, back at the start zone, those players unaware of /world have no idea that this guy needs help.

The AH is beginning to suffer too. Our AH should be a lot healthier than it currently is. The /world channel is being overused to sell low-level items. Many claim that it's too expensive to use the AH but that is part of the game. One of the first things many new players do is to check out the AH as soon as they can. Again they are left with the impression that the population is lower than it actually is.

The constant spamming of guild announcements is particularly annoying to me and I suspect many others. I can understand a high-level guild occassionally advertising for a particular class in /world to fill out their raid core but that is not what is happening. General, World, and even Trade is constantly being spammed with multi-line advertisements. In fact, about the only channel that is never being used is the GuildRecruitment channel. Of course, as suggested, we could always put the offenders on ignore but why should the majority of players be required to fill up their ignore lists because of their inconsideration (7-8, my ass).

Then there are the trolls and attention seekers. Sadly, many people come to these servers simply to disrupt those that come to actually play the game. Most of them don't last long and raising the level requirement for /world would effectively filter many of them out.

Bottom line is, instead of trying to make new players aware of /world maybe some restrictions should be placed on it to encourage existing players to use the proper channels.

@Moradin: You certainly live up to your reputation! You should note that I have no problem with your members but I am not impressed by your self-promotion through others work. The "evidence" you provided is merely a bunch of reports received regarding some of your members doing what most players do on a daily basis. They would have been more effective if it wasn't known that you paid them for submitting favourable reports. You have been tested Moradin and found wanting - end of discusssion, you are dismissed!

Zargoth take your issue with Moradin to PM please. This is the best world chat channel i have seen on a private server and imo it has only benefited the server thus far.

Top Bottom