• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos review is done!

Watched it. Thanks for taking the time to review the server as well as make a video! Since you asked for feedback, here we go.

The Pros. You explored basic private server issues involving character class abilities, pathing, mob abilities, player population, known common bugs that are expected on private servers. Thanks!

The Cons. Halfway through the review, the constructive part of the review derailed and swiftly fell apart. I'll try to politely explain this observation.

The average viewer wanting to watch a server review at all will have basic questions involving "how new is the server, what is the population, where is it physically located, what patch / version does it use, how authentic or how custom is the server run, are there a lot of bugs, how quickly are bugs confirmed and fixed with updates, and how responsive are the GM's with the players?"

Those are the things that spring to mind as I think on the matter of "what is the casual viewer looking for?". Midway through the review, you went into this freakin' strange realm of "I couldn't sell some items on the AH so I have this goofy custom fix idea that may or may not be of benefit as a solution" that was completely losing sight of the fact that the server proclaims itself as being Authentic... so that perceived problem (if it is one?) is a part of the baggage of the server being Blizzlike. The three minutes spent on your observervation and proposed changes are pretty much worthless for what the average viewer is trying to find out.

I played pre burning crusade WoW on a pair of servers (Cenarian Circle NA, Twisting Nether NA) and stuff wouldn't sell on the AH all the time, especially green items. It's a matter of what stats the item has, what level range it is for, and then determining if it will be of value to a leveling (or twinking) player. It was an EXTREMELY common practice for players leveling to have a Banker alt (even on a single account) to mail worthless greens to for Disenchanting, and the dust and essences then being sold or used. In pre Burning Crusade WoW, a level 5 character could Disenchant a level 60 epic. There was NO restriction.

As a side note, tradeskills are hellishly important in Vanilla wow for both prepping for raids as well as pvp. Your saying that all tradeskills are a waste of time sounded... badly uninformed for version of WoW the server uses.

On the part of the GM not being available to finish out your review with some high level content, or pvp, or whatever it was that you were looking to explore... Again, I was at a loss as to what this was being directed towards, or what point of the review it was trying to make. Not being able to show viewers Endgame content due to a lack of a temporary Maxed character makes sense. Not being able to pvp? I have a harder time believing that as the 10-19 WSG BG pops quite often during the EU prime hours. That could have been experienced and reviewed if an effort had been made.

I applaud you for your effort, yet wish you had taken more time to reflect and edit the video for the purpose it was to serve.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but how are profession worthless? Do you not enchant your gear? Are you a PvPer who has never used engineering? Assuming you actually played warrior, did you ever craft some of the highest quality early spec epic gear from smithing? Tailors make BIS/PreBIS gear too, and LWers have the devilsaur set and many other things. Alchemy makes consumables which you need a ton of to even bother raiding without being an anchor to your raid, and mining/herbalism are the easiest money makers a greedy player could ask for.

I just don't understand how one could possibly make the statement that professions are useless if you are anything but an incredibly inexperienced player. It's not even an intelligent opinion, it's plain uninformed ignorance.

As for the review, I'm obliged to tell you that you didn't review very much except how you felt about the opening questing experience, and that took only a few minutes saying things that basically nobody needs to watch a review to know, while the rest of the time was spent bemoaning your customer service experience. While a valid thing to divulge, you let some haughtiness slip with the "I mean if you don't want free publicity for your server" bit, and lost my sympathies. They aren't obliged to give you a 60 world-tour run-around. They already did it with DK.

Last edited:
At the end of the video, it seems that you don't get the goal of Character Auction house - It's a spot, where you sell your character, not ACC so you can't get scamed, because you don't give your acc info to anyone. The only thing that happens is, that selected character is transfered to Char AH database and when it's sold, it's transfered to new account, when not, it's returned to your account.

It started OK, but from the middle it became some kind of weird surreal crap, first suggesting that professions are useless (I wonder what my blacksmith warrior would do with only the drops and quest items, and without the potions from my alchemist alt, maybe drink after every mob trollolol), and then suggesting "improvements" to the AH and (wtf) double gold drops :laugh:

This is a 1x blizzlike server, yes you won't sell copper ore with 5g or mithril ore with 50g, like I use to do on retail (before they've destroyed the professions completely), because gold is scarce due to the server age. I also barely managed to sell anything on AH, I don't even bother with it, unless I find something that's really worth, but even so I think it's better to advertise in world chat.

Also the sound seems to be very low.

And I don't understand the Chero and invite part. Who invited you and then redirected you? Was it Kronos staff? Were you promised a high level character for testing? Why didn't you tell that person that Chero was not reachable? These are things that should be sorted outside of a server review, because they are not related to general problems, like staff not responding to valid tickets from normal players.

Other than that, it's a fair review :tongue:

AlphaGaming, i see your trying to make a name for youself for gaming review, but you should give up, you dont have what it takes and this review was the dumbest thing ive seen in the past 5 months.

Move on brother, find somehting your are better at to do

Keep up the reviews man, don't let people put you down. Its a review and your opinions. Good luck!

I really liked your review however there are some facts that need to be 'adjusted' such as you saying professions are not useful. Professions are vital not only for end game but even to help make some silver/gold on alts.

Next you should show off more gameplay that INVOLVES what you are talking about. Take Dodgykabeb's video (sorry for the mistype) for example, when he talked about the pathing he was SHOWING gameplay that working with what he was talking about.

So my main criticisms are, try to get as much information as you can before making a video. Talk to players and try to get as much information as you can about it and try to make more gameplay clips in your videos that go along with what you are talking about.

Good luck to any future reviews you may have.

Top Bottom