• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Voting system & Rewards

Which reward you want for Voting system?

• golds/silvers in-game

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • stars in acc-manager

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • something else - comment

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • no rewards

Votes: 52 44.4%

• Total voters
1. 5g for 5 top voters of the month (25g every month) would seriously ruin the whole game economy, anyway rewards will be stars
2. Everything what you can by for stars in the Account manager you cannot earn in-game, no reason to talk about it in this thread

First of all economy.
Second the blizzlike fealing.
im against the stupid crossfractionmount thing aswell

Gold or items shouldent you earn by clicking on some stupid website.

My suggestion: few golds/silvers in-game for top 5 voters of the month. No large amount that destroys the economy, maybe for example 500 silvers.

And I think gold reward has already been ruled out.
Items were never an option and never will be.
Anything else?

e: BB was faster...

Last edited:
Thx for the fast answers. Good to know you intend to keep the game in a good state were other than the gameing itself contribute to your caracters development.

Last edited:
Re: Voting system & Rewards

I say no to stars. Because, if you get stars by voting with the current cross-faction mount rewards, everyone will eventually run around with it. And not only the ones who donated money, but everyone can which will make it not unique at all.. I dont like that idea at all. I wouldnt mind small amount of stars if the rewards was more restricted. Because people are already not coming here because of the loose restriction on the mount rewards.

I say no to stars. Because, if you get stars by voting with the current cross-faction mount rewards, everyone will eventually run around with it. And not only the ones who donated money, but everyone can which will make it not unique at all.. I dont like that idea at all. I wouldnt mind small amount of stars if the rewards was more restricted. Because people are already not coming here because of the loose restriction on the mount rewards.

The suggestion was to give 10-50 stars to the top 5 voters each month. The absolute cheapest mount in the donation shop is the Reins of the Tawny Sabercat (60%) at 600 stars. Even if one person was the top voter each and every month (not likely), it would take 12 months for this person to afford the cheapest mount in the shop.

I'm pretty confident one person taking 12 months to earn a mount wouldn't ruin your experience of the game :smile:

The suggestion was to give 10-50 stars to the top 5 voters each month. The absolute cheapest mount in the donation shop is the Reins of the Tawny Sabercat (60%) at 600 stars. Even if one person was the top voter each and every month (not likely), it would take 12 months for this person to afford the cheapest mount in the shop.

I'm pretty confident one person taking 12 months to earn a mount wouldn't ruin your experience of the game :smile:

Yes I get your point. Then if he took 12 months and was top voter, then i guess he deserves it. :yes: But I would rather have no rewards, but maybe get a new "rank" in the forums like "Donator" would be cool.

I also agree that there should not be any kind of ingame impact reward for voting.

An ingame announcements about it, maybe..? Bumping this idea :)
While there're anyway some months before Star rewards system could be developed I believe...

If you'll find time to implement some kind of announcement - it's better to make it after addons and channels text if possible, or ~no one will see it.

Problem is that voting sites are rigged to begin with.

Most people here and on any good project got there because of word of mouth advertising, and that is the way to go about it. Personally if there were flyer/stickers available I would have them at the local eb games/game stop locations but nothing is going to beat word of mouth advertising.

steer clear of free advertising sites such as voting sites and stay true to your blizz like because that is why if not all then most of us are here.

Assuming we keep the voting, what about other kinds on rewards that have few impact overall (if limited correctly, at least as I can see it), focusing on prestige/fun?

Like :

• A one-time congratulations/thank you custom server announce (ex: "Congratulations Nimeralos on your dreadsteed of Xoroth! (anonymous)")
    Example limitations : Must be accepted by staff, no offense, no sarcasm, no spam, etc
  • A hall of fame for the top-5 best voters
  • Best voters name and guilds [Halan <Agony>] shown on the Kronos-wow home webpage
  • A one-time teleport for up to 3 players (good for explorers or PvP players wanting some location for a video)
    Example limitations : Must be accepted by staff, no summoning once there, not in dungeons/raids/battlegrounds or capital cities, not in places where griefing can occur, etc
  • Short term (one week/one month/whatever) title like [Contributor Labathor]
  • Forum title or text color (like MVPs on the blizzard forums)
  • A one-time morph from an item that is accessible to players (only the morph with its time duration, not the item, ex: Gordok ogre suit disguise for 10 minutes)
    Example limitations : No power benefit, no money benefit, no items that can only be used in a zone
  • Top 5 voters are thanked in the login message when you join join the game
  • Ability to switch the models of critters in a capital city to other critters (ex: Adder -> Larva)

Best voters can get only one choice, if they don't decide until the first week of the month nothing is done.
(edit: I noticed some of those ideas were already mentioned, others not, sorry if I repeat yours)

Last edited:
Re: Voting system &amp; Rewards

From one of the most successful private server "******", I think it could be better for our server as following:

1. move the vote system link to the main page of twinstar site/kronos site(player get more visibility to see the fuction and vote for the server even without any reward )

2. By vote for the server, players can get star point as the reward into the account manager. Stars will only become more useful when players can exchange some low level gear in game. This will be very efficient for the server to bring the population up. For example, the currently highest lvl of the instance is BWL. The server developer should be able to see the raid progress of all the guilds. If enough percentage of players has passed the Molten Core.. then server could add the blue gears of dungeon 1 sets into the shop list on the twinstar site so that this could attract more and more people from other servers come to twinstars and play. Some developer may thing this would be a threat for the future of the server, but actually if the developer can set the required stars for buying the items to a fairly high amount. This won't be a problem. I truly hope my opinion can be considered by the developers of our server. At least it could be run as a trial for a period of time. As all players in this server are hoping the population could rise as much as possible so that we can have a better gaming experience in game. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Voting system &amp; Rewards

what happend to this idea? and as for gold in game thats just messy will screw the economy and if its as low reward that it wont screw it then no one will bother, stars is the way to go or some other rewards that dont affect the game at all like char custimisation as changing haircut and so on.
voting sites get population no matter how you twist and turn how many times does kronos need to lose its population for people to take action? only reason we got people at all now and arent down to 300 at peek like before was because nost got rekt, time to do something about it before we get down to 300 again.

Problem is that voting sites are rigged to begin with.

Most people here and on any good project got there because of word of mouth advertising, and that is the way to go about it. Personally if there were flyer/stickers available I would have them at the local eb games/game stop locations but nothing is going to beat word of mouth advertising.

steer clear of free advertising sites such as voting sites and stay true to your blizz like because that is why if not all then most of us are here.

is that why all the top servers on voting sites got most population? is that why we had around 300-500 at peek times before nost died and many migrated here? is that why we losing more population than we gaining even after nost population came here?
no matter how you twist and turn on it the top 5 servers on most voting sites got most population,
even if the server is bugy as shit!
me included found private servers that way and the private server i was on (that was one of the top ones on the vote site) had alot of buggs if i would make a guess i would say about 4 times of what kronos got, but guess what all their servers where overfilled whit people yes not just 1 it was 3 you had to sit in a damn queue to logg in.

Eh? The first site I googled, http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft, does anyone play on the topservers? Well, on one or two, to the best of my knowledge. Is VanillaGaming the top Vanilla server?

Remember, I'm all for voting rewards and stuff, it's a decent way to attract new people, but it's not that great.

hard to say couldnt find their population rating but after some shifting through their fb page i found this comment from 2015
"A winner has been selected and will be contacted soon.
The answer is: 391,995 Characters has been created since 2009" to some contest they had, not sure what their number is now in almost 2018 tho but ether way, its hard to messure out active players from that number but it do give a general idea,
not to mention their ranked as Nr 12 on the list if you look further up some servers post their numbers and in the top ones its pretty high numbers,
so to your question if anyone play on the servers yes and its hell of alot more than one or two and if you go to other vote sites you will keep meeting high numbers on the top 5 - top10 servers even other games than wow to,
most games on those rate vote sites thats on the top got the numbers to back it to.
As for people talking about advertisement i would say youtube and voting sites is the only place its any point to do it, facebook is out of the picture no gamers search for private servers on fb they simply google it and pow first that pop up is vote sites only natural you click on them to,
then if they dont deside there then people go to youtube to check for videos about the server or reddit, but no matter how you twist and turn on it voting sites got massive amount of views and their the first thing that pop up when you search for private servers so saying its not great thats just being ignorant.
Kronos got a awezome server and the top voting sites would bring alot of good advertisement to it.

Top Bottom