• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Planning to release a wow mod. Will it get people banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namreeb

Hello.

I am planning to release a modification for the Windows WoW 1.12.1 build 5875 client which modifies the client to create an automatic stop-cast functionality. There are no deliberately malicious modifications made. I am writing here to see if some dev or admin type person can tell me if this mod will get people banned.

The intent of this mod is to minimize the impact of latency on North American players when they connect to European servers. Nothing more, nothing less.

If more information is needed, I can provide a detailed list of the changes made to the client to demonstrate the innocuous nature of this mod.

If no reply is received, I will assume that there is no objection to my distributing this mod to your users.

Thank you.

Even fraps? What about my anti-virus that injects a dll into every process to monitor what it does?

If no reply is received, I will assume that there is no objection to my distributing this mod to your users.

You can assume all you want, but it isn't going to stop you from getting banned if the Kronos staff disagree. I would talk to Chero and get approval before doing this if I was you.

Ask over the IRC!

I can try and ask someone to reply here via IRC, but my purpose here is to have a thread I can refer potential users to so that they can see for themselves that someone in authority has said "yes, we will allow you to use this here".

Injecting code into dx endscene is not detectable here ^^.

Neither is this mod, currently. However Warden could be adapted to detect either one.

We do not support client modification at all, and malicious modifications are prohibited altogether.

Personally, I don't mind about such modification as namreeb wants to make. However, we do not take any responsibility and we are not liable for any damage caused or being permanently suspended from the game by Warden.

We do not intend to ban this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom