• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos Launcher – Coming Soon

Holaver

Team Veteran
Kronos Launcher – Coming Soon

We are a multi-talented bunch on the Kronos team, bringing a wide array of abilities to the project between us. For this particular addition to Kronos, we have depended on the application development talents of one of our gamemasters, Cision. He has created a launcher that will allow new players to download the World of Warcraft 1.12.1 game client, with the realmlist already set to Kronos and jump into the game in double quick time — all from one screen!

The hope is that this will allow players who are new to the vanilla private server scene to get into the game in a fashion that will be similar to what they are used to on retail servers, making the transition much easier for all involved.

0a8b9d16a122dd08ede8122e9d75d2e2.png

This is, of course, still a work in progress and will be continually developed based on the feedback of the community. We are expecting to see the launcher released within the next few weeks but for now you can see it in action here.

ICYMI

It’s been 11 days since we released Silithus to the community and we have seen a huge surge in activity in the zone, with it now (for obvious reasons) becoming the servers hotspot for world PvP action. Feedback on the zone from our community has been fantastic, with many players letting us know just how much they have enjoyed it.

While we didn’t brag too much about it at the time, you may be interested to know that we are (to our knowledge) the only private server in the world to have the Field Duty event fully scripted, with our development team recreating it entirely from scratch.

event.png

There’s still more to come from Kronos in the near future, as the developers continue to fix the issues you raise with us and we will, of course, be updating you as things come to fruition.

The Kronos Team

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2015/06/16/launcher-launcher-coming-soon/

You guys are the gods of vanilla!
I saw many different launchers for private servers, but this is the first one that's actually usefull!
Nice work! Keep it up!

Any chance that you could add "auto-login" to the launcher ?

for example somewhere in the application to store login information to forum, bugtracer or wow.exe so when you click them it automaticly tries to login with those informations if not already there ? :)

Did wow even had that before battle.net launcher?

There always was the launcher to make downloading of patches and other data automated. Bnet launcher does the same things but for all of blizzard game at once.

Did wow even had that before battle.net launcher?

You're correct, before bnet launcher it wasn't automated login. I think the launcher as it is now was introduced sometime during Pandaria... maybe even at launch?

Autologin would be cool, but I'm afraid that it will require client modifications as well. And it brings some security problems to launcher itself. Blizzard was very careful with battle.net launcher release. It was in beta for more than 6 months.

I really like seeing this kind of progress. One thing I did notice about the video was that during the install procedure it asks you where you want to place the launcher files. It does not however, explain that this is also going to be the same place the actual game install files will be dropped. (5GB+) This should be made clear!

I know that I personally wouldn't want the install files in that default location. (I do not mind the launcher being there tough) I think that either having the option to have the launcher and the install files in two different locations, or clearly stating to the user at the install prompts that game files will be dropped here would be ideal.

Even the possibility, that when you click the download button on the launcher it would then ask where you want the game files to drop would be great.

Another great idea (at least I feel it is)

Since this is targeted towards newer users to the private scene. I think it would be great to have an "Addons" button that opened up the addons folder. and a "Get Addons" button that links them directly to the forum section with the recommended addons.

In most cases people are going to need to know where to drop these files if they get from the Internet and in most cases the guides are going to point them to c:\program files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons (IIRC)

Which obviously they will be confused a bit and say wait...I don't have that. Obviously we know better, but not everyone.

In regards to having the get addons button, it will help the new users find the addons that most of us have already tested and know are working on the server. It will also drive traffic to the forums and people can see that the community is strong and helpful.

Just a thought,
-PP

One thing I did notice about the video was that during the install procedure it asks you where you want to place the launcher files. It does not however, explain that this is also going to be the same place the actual game install files will be dropped. (5GB+) This should be made clear!

There's two options; one at 0:08 seconds and another at ~0:25 mark. One selects where the launcher will be installed and the other where the client files will go. Of course, this is just my understanding of it from what I have seen but I am sure Cision will be swinging by for feedback in due course and can confirm or deny this.

I really like seeing this kind of progress. One thing I did notice about the video was that during the install procedure it asks you where you want to place the launcher files. It does not however, explain that this is also going to be the same place the actual game install files will be dropped. (5GB+) This should be made clear!

I know that I personally wouldn't want the install files in that default location. (I do not mind the launcher being there tough) I think that either having the option to have the launcher and the install files in two different locations, or clearly stating to the user at the install prompts that game files will be dropped here would be ideal.

Even the possibility, that when you click the download button on the launcher it would then ask where you want the game files to drop would be great.

Another great idea (at least I feel it is)

Since this is targeted towards newer users to the private scene. I think it would be great to have an "Addons" button that opened up the addons folder. and a "Get Addons" button that links them directly to the forum section with the recommended addons.

In most cases people are going to need to know where to drop these files if they get from the Internet and in most cases the guides are going to point them to c:\program files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons (IIRC)

Which obviously they will be confused a bit and say wait...I don't have that. Obviously we know better, but not everyone.

In regards to having the get addons button, it will help the new users find the addons that most of us have already tested and know are working on the server. It will also drive traffic to the forums and people can see that the community is strong and helpful.

Just a thought,
-PP

Hi, thanks for the input.
I need to point out that this video is only a WiP of the project so its not the finished version of it.
The addons button is a good thing and will help new users like you said, i have already re-worked the installation procedure so it is more clear that it is 5.2GB~ and a message (yes or no) before the download starts that it will download the files into the launchers dir :)

Also like you can see in the video we have an autoupdater feature so we can always add new stuff to it if the community wants.

Last edited:
There's two options; one at 0:08 seconds and another at ~0:25 mark. One selects where the launcher will be installed and the other where the client files will go. Of course, this is just my understanding of it from what I have seen but I am sure Cision will be swinging by for feedback in due course and can confirm or deny this.

No, they are both for the launcher,

I watched the video a few times before I posted, just to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. (I was pointing out that from this video I know users will get confused)

-The first time it states: Setup requires 4MB in: C:\Users\Documents\Kronos
-The installer completed and says Launcher has been successfully installed.

This would make a user assume that okay I am done with installing the launcher.

-Then you run the launcher for the first time. You get "Found updates for Launcher
-Update size: 5.85MB --> Next It then downloads the update.
-You are then met with the exact same screen you had the first time but the size is different.
-Setup requires 1.83MB in:C:\Users\Documents\Kronos

Up to this point you have been updating the Launcher and not choosing an install directory for the game files.

When you click download on the launcher it just starts putting that shit in the same place. (Default being C:\Users\Documents\Kronos) I have re watched the video and still come to the same conclusion, there should be an option when you click download on the launcher to choose the install location for the actual game files.

Hi, thanks for the input.
I need to point out that this video is only a WiP of the project so its not the finished version of it.
The addons button is a good thing and will help new users like you said, i have already re-worked the installation procedure so it is more clear that it is 5.2GB~ and a message (yes or no) before the download starts that it will download the files into the launchers dir :)

Also like you can see in the video we have an autoupdater feature so we can always add new stuff to it if the community wants.

No, I totally understand that you guys are still working this whole thing out. I just figured that I would put my two cents in since I am going to be using it. I want to aid in the little ways I can to make the transition for any new users as seamless as possible.
I want the new guys to see all the good we have to offer. I think if a new user came in and they found the main site, they then downloaded the launcher...it being as simple as it is, they are up in running in Kronos in less than 2 hours(Shitty Internet connection permitting)...That is great shit right there. If a user is able
to see addons and say "oh awesome they actually have shit that works in vanilla!" They will stick around, instead of possibly stumbling across the large number of negative threads that currently plague the boards. 0_0

I really appreciate all the effort that goes into a project like this. I have been very pleased with the results thus far with my limited time here.

Thanks Kronos Team YOU ROCK!,
-PP

Last edited:
No, they are both for the launcher,

I watched the video a few times before I posted, just to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. (I was pointing out that from this video I know users will get confused)

-The first time it states: Setup requires 4MB in: C:\Users\Documents\Kronos
-The installer completed and says Launcher has been successfully installed.

This would make a user assume that okay I am done with installing the launcher.

-Then you run the launcher for the first time. You get "Found updates for Launcher
-Update size: 5.85MB --> Next It then downloads the update.
-You are then met with the exact same screen you had the first time but the size is different.
-Setup requires 1.83MB in:C:\Users\Documents\Kronos

Up to this point you have been updating the Launcher and not choosing an install directory for the game files.

When you click download on the launcher it just starts putting that shit in the same place. (Default being C:\Users\Documents\Kronos) I have re watched the video and still come to the same conclusion, there should be an option when you click download on the launcher to choose the install location for the actual game files.

No, I totally understand that you guys are still working this whole thing out. I just figured that I would put my two cents in since I am going to be using it. I want to aid in the little ways I can to make the transition for any new users as seamless as possible.
I want the new guys to see all the good we have to offer. I think if a new user came in and they found the main site, they then downloaded the launcher...it being as simple as it is, they are up in running in Kronos in less than 2 hours(Shitty Internet connection permitting)...That is great shit right there. If a user is able
to see addons and say "oh awesome they actually have shit that works in vanilla!" They will stick around, instead of possibly stumbling across the large number of negative threads that currently plague the boards. 0_0

I really appreciate all the effort that goes into a project like this. I have been very pleased with the results thus far with my limited time here.

Thanks Kronos Team YOU ROCK!,
-PP

Hi, yes im also working on a thirdparty site with all the addons that works with vanilla :)
So i guess this will be added in some kind of info/link from the launcher.

Last edited:
Hi all, is there a working link as to where can one download Kronos Launcher, the link doesn't work, or if someone can share it, I'll be very grateful? Thanks.

Last edited:
Good Job

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all, is there a working link as to where can one download Kronos Launcher, the link doesn't work, or if someone can share it, I'll be very grateful? Thanks.

@Spheron - This is the torrent link.

Is this still being worked on? I have friends who want to play but are less than savvy and have no idea how to use torrents. A launcher would save me the trouble of installing it for everyone :)

The launcher was released, but there were some complaints about the bugs and the development seems to have stopped. However, you can try if it's still works: http://www.filedropper.com/kronos-launcher (I never installed it myself because of MS NET Framework 4.5 dependency, but I kept the installation exe and 'm sharing it now).

Top Bottom