• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

More players should be coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, during US times the server never gets over 300 players on both sides combined, I'm sorry but that's not a healthy population and as far as I've seen checking the census every day for the past week so far that number has been going down slowly and that should be worrying for any Kronos player.

What the hell are you doing to fix that by just reiterating something we all already know? Didn't you start this topic simply to say "we might make it better soon!", so it would seem ironic that now you're just trying to tell us all shit we already know over and over, acting like a doomsayer.

With all of the time spent in this thread you could be damn near 60 already, but instead you're spending your only presence here essentially trolling the Kronos forum-base because you can't have everything you want at your finger tips.

I leveled to 60 on Nost and had to do the whole thing over again here on Kronos, just like everyone else. If rerolling bends you that much out of shape you don't deserve to be here.

What the hell are you doing to fix that by just reiterating something we all already know? Didn't you start this topic simply to say "we might make it better soon!", so it would seem ironic that now you're just trying to tell us all shit we already know over and over, acting like a doomsayer.

With all of the time spent in this thread you could be damn near 60 already, but instead you're spending your only presence here essentially trolling the Kronos forum-base because you can't have everything you want at your finger tips.

I leveled to 60 on Nost and had to do the whole thing over again here on Kronos, just like everyone else. If rerolling bends you that much out of shape you don't deserve to be here.

And you continue to be a hostile prick when I've done nothing wrong towards you :blink: You should really work on that hostility of yours, its not becoming of you.

Last edited:
And you continue to be a hostile prick when I've done nothing wrong towards you :blink: You should really work on that hostility of yours, its not becoming of you.

He definitely can be a hostile prick towards you, since you are fear-mongering over a "dying population" when in reality the peak is anywhere from 1000 - 1500 players. And youre definitely not the first person to complain about a dying population.

Also you can get to lv60 in 5-6 days played time if you play all day, every day.... go full Cartman-mode and pull off every quest/dungeon from Joana's Guide flawlessly. Also depends alot on your class

The guy I responed to wasn't talking about the people completely new to the game or average players. He was talking about people who had just lvled to 60 on Nost and were hesitant to make the switch. They would know the quest and the zones because they have just done it and would be a lot quicker than the average player. And you don't really have to grind to get money for mount, if you just do quests and lvl normaly, you will have it around 43-44.

I was talking about the average player. I know all the quests myself, plus there are enough Questhelpers to do that work for you anyway. Not to mention VanillaGuide. But if you level your professions and secondaries while you level up, you're playing a melee and maybe have jackshit for dropluck so you're fucked when it comes to weapons/gear and die a lot, then there's some ganking. Maybe you fuck around a little because you just spent 8 days /played on another server leveling to 60 and you're already burnt out.

10 days /played is an average time. You may have noticed that I said it took me 18 days on retail. For a new player that's a bit high but still reasonable when just enjoying the game for the first time.

Xping on this server is like playing WoW on my local computer. You won't see anyone, no auctions even in Ogrimar there is no one around.
It's kinda dead, but I'm hoping for more players. But why should they reroll and spend another 10 days play time.

I don't know why people complain, its summer, summers on retail were like deserts. Also I have no trouble with empty server, there are plenty people online, auctions not so much, but still enough. I guess you are playing in not popular time zone - sorry but can't help you there.

when in reality the peak is anywhere from 1000 - 1500 players.
sadly, this is not true. if you're watching the census website or /who list at 21-22 CEST frequently, you'll see it peak at 1k only on sundays and 700-800 on weekdays lately, in total.

Also you can get to lv60 in 5-6 days played time if you play all day, every day....
no. 5 is not even remotely imaginable. its what some dream of. 6-7 days /played is for hardcore players that know all the quests already, use a guide, skip professions, play hunter/mage, etc... normal players need 8-10 days /played.

Last edited:
I've seen checking the census every day for the past week so far that number has been going down slowly and that should be worrying for any Kronos player.

This makes me think of the phrase "A watched pot never boils". I have plenty of things to concern me in game than watching a chart rise and fall. That is like buying into stock and then staring at the ticker all day riding an emotional roller coaster as it fluctuates day to day.

If population is all you are concerned about then I don't know what else to tell you. I have already tried to explain that either scenario is bad in its own way. For me personally having a lower population during my play time has yet to impact me. I know certainly that if I had to compete with the amount of people on the other server on a daily basis and the performance was terribad; if no other server existed, I would just play on my own private server. If I needed to raid, I would just start a small community of steam friends who wished to play x version of WoW and raid.

This place has what I want. I am sorry if you it doesn't satisfy what you need.

A quote comes to mind.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. - John Lydgate

On to my next reply.

no. 5 is not even remotely imaginable. its what some dream of. 6-7 days /played is for hardcore players that

It is possible. Back in Vanilla retail Joana was able to level from 1-60 in /played 4 Days 20 Hours.

I think it is realistic to say that hardcore players could see 60 in < 8 days /played. Again this is not my play style. I don't wish to rush to the end content when there is really nothing that I am going to see that is new neither is it going to become irrelevant in the following months when I finally reach 60 on a few alts too. Once all the content is finally released. There is nothing else. So why rush it?

I know professions play a big part in the end game for certain encounters, but if the only thing a person is worried about is getting to 60. Then they could just choose to ignore them until they hit level cap, in the interest of time.

I know this ideal is not shared by the people who are worried about hitting 60, but why even play on a x1 server if you are not going to enjoy the journey and all of the hard work that was put into the server? I am sure you could search the depths of the Internet and find a vanilla server that you log into and ding 60 and have well scripted raids. That is not what you want right? You want to feel accomplished, you want to remember the struggle and the set backs and getting ganked. Yet you continue to cry about rolling a second character on a different server.

In efforts to steer this ship back on course, I welcome any of those who wish to aid both communities by leveling here and removing some of the burden. (Still speculation) While we all have our own emotions and strong feelings towards the passions we so choose. This thread shall not go on if it continues into a "our population is low so we must suck" thread. Lord knows we have enough of those already. -_-

-PP

Last edited:
why even play on a x1 server if you are not going to enjoy the journey and all of the hard work that was put into the server?
Cause its the only vanilla server delivering the quality I want.

I give a shit about low level content, immersion or other pixie dust reasons to play vanilla. Still leveled.

I am level 38 now (playing on alliance side) and I had never a problem getting some help for a quest I can't do alone or finding a group for an instance run. Often groups are full within minutes. Sometimes it takes a little longer.
I don't observe the population very closely but I never had the feeling that the server is underpopulated while playing. I think that is worth much more than just some numbers. And aside from PvP I never heard somebody in game complaining about that either, no matter what level. I understand though that PvP is a great deal for some, but also heard that the situation is getting better.

Last edited:
I am level 38 now (playing on alliance side) and I had never a problem getting some help for a quest I can't do alone or finding a group for an instance run. Often groups are full within minutes. Sometimes it takes a little longer.

Leveling yesterday on Alliance side. I didn't have a problem finding a group for some elite quests or kill 3,000 of this or that quests at all. Made things fly by and we all got some levels.

I give a shit about low level content, immersion or other pixie dust reasons to play vanilla. Still leveled.
I believe the expression you're looking for here is "I don't give a shit." Otherwise I don't understand your comment.

Cause its the only vanilla server delivering the quality I want.

That was my point. The quality is there from 1-60. You have a great experience not only doing raids and PvP, but you also get to enjoy the game as you progress to level cap.

There haven't been any game breakingly terrible things to occur to me yet rolling multiple alts and running the quest chains in zones from 1-30. The worst thing I have experienced thus far was the Rogue pick pocket bug which has been resolved. The other is when you get stuck in combat. But rolling SSDs its just 8 seconds to alt+F4 and relog. It doesn't happen constantly so its not game breaking. I know it would have a huge impact in PvP, but that is not my thing so it doesn't personally bother me. I am sure it is being worked on in some way.

The more people we get the more bugs can be reported and upvoted. It is a win/win.

-PP

That was my point. The quality is there from 1-60. You have a great experience not only doing raids and PvP, but you also get to enjoy the game as you progress to level cap.

There haven't been any game breakingly terrible things to occur to me yet rolling multiple alts and running the quest chains in zones from 1-30. The worst thing I have experienced thus far was the Rogue pick pocket bug which has been resolved. The other is when you get stuck in combat. But rolling SSDs its just 8 seconds to alt+F4 and relog. It doesn't happen constantly so its not game breaking. I know it would have a huge impact in PvP, but that is not my thing so it doesn't personally bother me. I am sure it is being worked on in some way.

The more people we get the more bugs can be reported and upvoted. It is a win/win.

-PP

A lot of us play for end-game, just because you play for the levelling experience doesn't mean those of us who have done it a dozen times in our lives want to do it all over again just to get to the quality content we want.

You have a great experience not only doing raids and PvP, but you also get to enjoy the game as you progress to level cap.

No you don't because is an endless tiring bore that is annoying at best and soul crushing at worst no matter how well the server is scripted

No you don't because is an endless tiring bore that is annoying at best and soul crushing at worst no matter how well the server is scripted

I don't see it that way. I really enjoy leveling and questing and usually get bored pretty quickly when I am 60 and have aquired all items I want from the non-raid instances (at least the ones that are not that hard to get). I know a few people who see it that way too.

I don't see it that way. I really enjoy leveling and questing and usually get bored pretty quickly when I am 60 and have aquired all items I want from the non-raid instances (at least the ones that are not that hard to get). I know a few people who see it that way too.
yea I realize there's people that see it that way, just explaining mine (and Lharts', I assume) PoV.

i also think leveling is one of the best parts vanilla wow offers.
in total, ive leveled like 8 60s on vanilla retail and blizzlike x1 private servers and everytime when i have to start farming gear instead of xp+gold, it becomes really boring and annoying to me.
the "hunting the epics" part grows and ppl become dicks, getting greedy, jealous and begrudging. "everyone" just wants epics and instead of enjoying the great game, theyre measuring their penis size by the amount of epics theyve collected. very simple.
and on private servers, all (raid) instances are much easier than back then, so its not even challenging.

thats why i can just advise everyone whos not 60 yet: enjoy your time leveling. dont rush or put yourself under pressure and you'll probably never have a better time playing wow.

Last edited:
The problem is, during US times the server never gets over 300 players on both sides combined, I'm sorry but that's not a healthy population and as far as I've seen checking the census every day for the past week so far that number has been going down slowly and that should be worrying for any Kronos player.

But more are coming right? Right? Hello?

The obsession with population is the cancer of private servers.

Yesterday we had up to 3 WSG running at the same time. Just think about it. With how many players do you really interact on a daily basis? 20 to 40?

Yesterday we had up to 3 WSG running at the same time. Just think about it. With how many players do you really interact on a daily basis? 20 to 40?

Thats what I think too. If you get told that the population is low but never notice it while playing how does that impact you?
Sure you can be worried about the population of the server but mentioning it in a ton of threads will not solve the problem. If somebody is reading the forums in order to make a decision on whether to play here or not, this does not give a good impression. I don't mean by we should not discuss issues but we should also not make them a bigger deal as they are.
In my opinion the population is fine currently and if the developers keep up the good work, the community is friendly and this gets advertised properly new players will join.

I don't really get all this obsession about population either. Sure, I wouldn't want to play on a server where there's 10 other people, but I also don't need another 3k players just on my faction to feel like the server's alive enough. Heck, I'd never even see most of those. All I'd see is every quest mob being dead and then trying to run away from that red ?? level who's having his fun.

What's also funny, is that I've been asked for dungeons more times playing an ally mage on Kronos, than I did playing a horde priest on Nost. You'd think it was the other way around.

You're EU, right? If you play when there are 150-200 players per faction, spread across 60 levels, you start to understand the people complaining about population and leaving the server...

No one is doing AB on this server, what about that? And I see people begging for hours to "queue WSG", so obviously it's understandable why people generally would choose a server where plenty of shit is going on and they can actually play instead of spamming the chat...

Currently even on EU hours it's very hard if not impossible to find people for group quests...

In my opinion the population is fine currently
Population is fine on EU hours only. For NA players it can be considered "fucking horrible". But even on EU hours it's in obvious decline, no matter the reason, summer, vacation, people leaving for other servers, people getting bored already with the game...

More players means more battlegrounds, yes.
More players does not necessarily mean more battlegrounds FOR YOU.

Its about the percentage of active PvPers per side, not about the population in total.

"plenty of shit going on"...
Who are you kidding? Its virtually the same everywhere. As someone state above. LFG spam and no tanks, LFG spam and no healers.
My statement for PvP also applies here. More instance runs/raids in total does not mean more instances or raids FOR YOU.

I've played on servers with 100 players and I played on servers with 2000. The problems were all the same and most of the time just in peoples heads.

If you get fed up looking for an instance group for less then an hour I guess vanilla wow isn't really the game for you.

I've played on servers with 100 players and I played on servers with 2000. The problems were all the same and most of the time just in peoples heads.

You must be delusional then. On a server with 200 players, like Rebirth was after it re-emerged there wasn't even an economy. There was no one to group with, you wouldn't see anyone for days in the world. It's nowhere near "2000 players experience" and the current Kronos situation with 800 players peak is not either. Not to mention that now there's that other server with much more than 2000 payers. Do you really think people wait for hours for a group there? :laugh:

Also low population means FAILURE for the server owners. It means not only less donations, but less incentive to make a better server. When you know you worked so hard and you have this product that is the best around and people are 95% going for something else, that's worse, it's very disappointing...

If you get fed up looking for an instance group for less then an hour I guess vanilla wow isn't really the game for you.
It's not about me, it's about people in general. Yes, people prefer to "play with other people" instead of "looking for other people", that's why a server with higher population will get more and more people and the one with lower population will be eventually fucked. That happened a lot on retail at server level and at faction level. Player migration left most servers either deserted or completely imbalanced...

And this thread is a joke, obviously in 10 days since it's been started there weren't "more people coming soon" at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom