• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Enhancement Weapons

Makoto

I read that a slow 2-hander is recomended. Why is that? Why not just top dmg. I read that if 2 weapons have the same dmg range but one is 3.5 and the other is 2.8 you should take the slower weapon. Am i right here? And if so, why is it so?

Attack power is converted into DPS using the AP / 14 = DPS as formula.

Minimum damage = ((Minimum Weapon Damage / Weapon Speed) + (AP/14)) * Weapon Speed
Maximum damage = ((Maximum Weapon Damage / Weapon Speed) + (AP/14)) * Weapon Speed

Therefore, if two weapons have the same top-end damage, but different speeds, the slower weapon will gain higher top end damage.

Ex:
- 1400 AP
- 2.8 and 3.0 weapons with 100 top end damage

Calc:
[2.8] ((100 / 2.8) + (1400/14)) * 2.8 = 380 top end
[3.0] ((100 / 3.0) + (1400/14)) * 3.0 = 400 top end

You need a weapon with 3.0 or more swing speed since the WF proc has a 3 s cooldown after a proc.
Else you lose WF procs and that's what enhancement is all about

I can say that it's not 3 sec on kronos. I use a 2,9 speed mace as enha right now and I see 3 4 wf procs in a row sometimes.

That's how I remember it too but couldn't find any source to confirm. Do you have any Makoto?

Do the math.
Flurry = 25%
Hand of Sulfuras is 3,7 speed
Unbreakable -> 2 consecutive windufry procs with flurry up (under 3 seconds)

Not sure, but there might even be a double windfury with autoswing and stormstrike

The 3 sec CD were implemented when dual wielding came because mainhand/offhand procs to op.
The thing they "nerfed" in vanilla were the posibility to get WF proc on a WF prof

Top Bottom