• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Interest in a Casual/RP Guild/Community

Neztek

I've noticed that (on the Alliance side) there are a good amount of PvP/PvE servers on this server that are pretty well known. What I would like to know is if anyone would be interested in a community guild more geared toward leveling, adventuring, and RP (no not ERP...). I've asked in World and on the Forums and it doesn't appear there is much of an RP community out there as of now.

I don't believe that this server's population is large enough to support a dedicated RP guild but I would like to try and create a casual RP community that also is a place to hang out for casual levelers and players.

Basically I am wondering if you folk believe there would be interest in a more casual community that tries to promote guild grouping and adventuring. I was thinking to attempt to promote this I could use a point system to gain higher guild ranks where we would basically use player made quests of all types and levels to do this.

Some examples:

A level 17-24 PvE quest - "There have been rumors spreading of Defias Bandits hiding out in the old Deadmines near Moonglade in Westfall. Our guild has been hired to help eliminate this threat. This is a great opportunity to increase our reputation in the Westfall area so gather as many Guildmates as you can to complete this task. [Insert flavor text here]. Bring me a personal item of one of the Defias leaders as proof you've completed this task." ((You will be awarded 1 MP[Member Point] for each member of the guild in the party. Any party member can provide proof of quest completion.))

A level 60 PvP quest - "There is a bounty out on [Horde Player]. The guild has been hired to take care of this menace. Take as few people as you can to slay them to prove how powerful we really our. [Flavor Text that hints on possible location]. Don't worry about bringing me proof, I will know when he is taken care of." ((You will be awarded a maximum of 5 MP upon successful defeat. Each player involved will split the MP equally. Only the first kill will be awarded, any other kills will not reward anything, camping will result in loss of MP and possibly Guild rank.))

Some issues I will probably run into:
1. Proof of completion, I will need some creative ways to verify completion. I want to try to keep everything in game but I may need to accept screenshots as proof.
2. Balancing the Member Point system may be difficult. I want to make where casual players can actually gain rank while more active players are rewarded for their time.
3. Finding members on both factions to play along with certain quests.

If I can eventually pull it off I'd even like to introduce item and gold rewards for quest completion.

So some questions for you guys.

1. Do you think there would be interest for such a guild to exist?
2. Do you think that we would be able to get together as a community to have these quests?
3. What are some possible problems/solutions do you think I will run into during this process?
4. Do you have any good quest/reward ideas for the members?

All input is much appreciated.

Nez/Vel

Hi Neztek,

I read your text, had some thoughts about it, like your idea (even if I probably never join).
So i can try at least answer your questions.

1. I see you are an NA player, the NA player base exsist but the population is moderate or rather low. I guess you would also take EU players, but if you are the guildleader I dont know how that fit to your events and the RP feeling in total (just a thought-provoking impulse). I think the most casual dont use this forum that often to notice your post :). But ofc, why not giving it a try? if it doesnt work you still can try something different.

2. Depends on the playerbase you have, for the group you are searching for casuals and rp-players, those kind of quests are great i guess. But ofc u need a lot of fantasy to create new ones ;)

3. Its probably just about tenacity, people will join, people will go inactive, people will leave because they didnt expect a causal guild/rp-guild - if you ask them in the low levels. Never take it personal , and give causals a long time to come back (dont sort them out too early).

4. You can try several elites with lower levels (Mor'ladim in a raid or a 5 man) , collecting herbs events, or meat from wolfs to cook and hand them out for the poor people in SW (its all about fantasy). I think for real RP there is a lot of things to do ;) - Well the rewards are going to be tough, especially for causals , maybe some good looking stuff like a crafted suit, bunch of flowers, ... I think the most things will be done with Guildranks (u will need a lot i think!) , most important thing is fun (maybe you dont even need the member points) . Maybe you find some supporters on the server in general to help you with gold, or styleitems.

I wish you good luck!
(Dont be sad if the idea flops, absolutly worth a try)

Greetings
Brutus

Basically I am wondering if you folk believe there would be interest in a more casual community that tries to promote guild grouping and adventuring. I was thinking to attempt to promote this I could use a point system to gain higher guild ranks where we would basically use player made quests of all types and levels to do this.

Reading this took me back a long way in time, when I started playing WoW and was looking for a guild like that. Sure enough there was nothing that could even get close to it... hence why I decided I would take it upon myself and create it from scratch.

Well that was almost 3 years ago, and it was on another private server that is currently writhing in agony, but luckily that guild is still alive and kicking. In fact, it's currently the largest and most active Alliance guild, and I can't think of any guild more organized. It's also probably as close to an RP guild as one could get, with a complex system of ratings and scores which determines the hierarchy, the missions and perks one can access... me and many players who would come and go through the years have poured into it our ideas, so everything about it has been polished, refined and expanded to its current state and scope. We are currently in the process of rebuilding our resources (we left our previous realm behind along with all that was stockpiled) to gradually restore all the services we used to provide. It's a long way to go, but Kronos is slowly growing and so is our guild.

I will keep it short and just tell you this: check us out. What you're looking for might exist already... and actually be even more than you'd expect :wink:

Here you go.

Reading this took me back a long way in time, when I started playing WoW and was looking for a guild like that. Sure enough there was nothing that could even get close to it... hence why I decided I would take it upon myself and create it from scratch.

Well that was almost 3 years ago, and it was on another private server that is currently writhing in agony, but luckily that guild is still alive and kicking. In fact, it's currently the largest and most active Alliance guild, and I can't think of any guild more organized. It's also probably as close to an RP guild as one could get, with a complex system of ratings and scores which determines the hierarchy, the missions and perks one can access... me and many players who would come and go through the years have poured into it our ideas, so everything about it has been polished, refined and expanded to its current state and scope. We are currently in the process of rebuilding our resources (we left our previous realm behind along with all that was stockpiled) to gradually restore all the services we used to provide. It's a long way to go, but Kronos is slowly growing and so is our guild.

I will keep it short and just tell you this: check us out. What you're looking for might exist already... and actually be even more than you'd expect :wink:

Here you go.

I didn't really see anything in your guild description about RP at all.
Granted, it seems like a neat guild if it really is as advertised but I would rather have something like what Neztek posted about; a mostly casual guild that takes guild interaction a different route with player quests.
Neztek-if you see this and you formed anything like this guild or if you are still interested in doing it, let me know because I would love to join.
Aurigon- if you do have something like what Nez described with your guild, let me know.
So far, I love the server and think it's great but I would like to find a stable guild like this to play with as well.

I didn't really see anything in your guild description about RP at all.
Granted, it seems like a neat guild if it really is as advertised but I would rather have something like what Neztek posted about; a mostly casual guild that takes guild interaction a different route with player quests.
Neztek-if you see this and you formed anything like this guild or if you are still interested in doing it, let me know because I would love to join.
Aurigon- if you do have something like what Nez described with your guild, let me know.
So far, I love the server and think it's great but I would like to find a stable guild like this to play with as well.

Neztek's latest activity was more than a month ago, so I'm not so sure he's still around at all.
Anyway, RP factor aside - which as I said my guild bears the slightest hint of - the rest he was looking for is there: a point system guild ranks are based on, rewards for guildies who protect lower ones from ganks or help them out in any way, boost them in dungeons and whatnot.

Regards

Neztek's latest activity was more than a month ago, so I'm not so sure he's still around at all.
Anyway, RP factor aside - which as I said my guild bears the slightest hint of - the rest he was looking for is there: a point system guild ranks are based on, rewards for guildies who protect lower ones from ganks or help them out in any way, boost them in dungeons and whatnot.

Regards

That's a shame, he had some great ideas. Still though, your guild seems pretty cool, you might be getting a new application soon. Now, to make an alliance character and get it to level 10.

I came to the forums looking for a guild the likes of which Neztek described for the horde. However, upon checking out the stormlords homepage I now go to make an alliance character. It will be at least a few days, if not the better part of a week, before I hit level 10. Yes I know that this level of advancement if extremely slow, but I am taking my sweet time with this and just enjoying the game. So if you see a night elf literally walking down the road in game, that will be me. If all goes well, when I hit level 10 I'll fill out an application.

Cheers

Top Bottom